IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

"ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-15, 07:36 AM
Sean
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dropped mine yesterday at Lexus of Mobile yesterday. Wish me luck.

The gave me an ES350 loaner
Old 07-01-15, 09:15 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Originally Posted by STLblueF
Wanted to share my experience so far:
Dropped the car off yesterday and mentioned the cracked harness issues to watch out for. Service advisor said they would replace anything they damage no problem. They sent me on my way in a gs350 f-sport.
Service advisor called me today this afternoon and calmly explained that during replacing the fan bolts, that due to age the coolant return line snapped off the radiator (as mentioned earlier by Joe-z). Before I could respond he said they have a brand new radiator arriving tomorrow and barring any unforeseen problems it should be good to go tomorrow or Thursday. I am actually glad this happened during a recall instead of on my dime. I have a CPO warranty so not sure if the radiator is covered from that or because it was during a recall, but they are paying 100% of it either way so I can't complain.

I'll check out the harness cover before I leave but honestly I'm sure since they are eating a new radiator that won't be an issue. Overall pleased with the communication so far. I'll follow up once I get the car back.
The radiator is covered under the fan bolt recall, but only if it is damaged. Lucky you, you've got another 100k miles before you need to worry about the integrity of the radiator.
Old 07-01-15, 03:37 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

^^ Ditto my post from March 2015

~ Joe Z

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Damn..!! Lots of second rate work going on here..

As an FYI.. While they are performing the cooling fan LSB to install new same design screws + locktite..
They have to disconnect the top radiator lines and reservoir bottle..

What's happening is the hoses are getting stock to the plastic.. When then try to turn the line off..
Especially the small hose line, it cracks the outlet right off the topside of the radiator..

So that automatically gets you a newly designed radiator which comes with new reservoir bottle and new lines..

I'm going to need to get the ELF recall done soon.. Smells a bit gasy up front now..

Joe Z
Old 07-01-15, 03:58 PM
STLblueF
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Good to know. Thanks guys for all the information in this thread.

Picked the car up this afternoon. No free tank of fuel but the harness cover is intact and the car seems fine so I'm happy. This was at Dave Mungenast Lexus of St. Louis if anyone local is perusing the thread. I would recommend them.
Old 07-01-15, 04:54 PM
Sean
Lead Lap

Picked up mine as well. I did get a fill up which is nice since I brought it in nearly empty. Harness is cracked but I didn't notice until after leaving since it was starting to pour rain as I picked the car up. No tape, just a crack and a small chunk broken off. Hopefully I can convince them to send me a new one. Other than that, no issues I've noticed so far.
Old 07-06-15, 07:21 AM
zen
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Does anyone know if the ELF and the fan bolt recall require to remove front bumper to access the area ? I have front bumper bolts missing and unsure if the dealership forgot to put them back on after the recall.
Old 07-06-15, 08:02 AM
Sean
Lead Lap

^I thought the cooling fan recall did but when I asked them about it when dropping my car off they told me the front bumper cover doesn't need to be removed.
Old 07-07-15, 04:48 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Sean
^I thought the cooling fan recall did but when I asked them about it when dropping my car off they told me the front bumper cover doesn't need to be removed.
If they bust the radiator, it does...

Otherwise they may need to remove the main engine under tray if the need to clean rad fluids from ELF work..
(Wishful thinking)

Joe Z
Old 07-07-15, 05:46 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Joe is dead on. If the radiator has to be replaced, the bumper cover will be removed. No way around it.
Old 07-07-15, 09:05 PM
j3ff
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Otherwise they may need to remove the main engine under tray if the need to clean rad fluids from ELF work..
(Wishful thinking)
Joe Z
Very wishful Joe, haha. They did my fan recall and left fluid every where. I had to clean it myself..i wouldn't trust having them do it
Old 07-07-15, 10:41 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Miqueaseli
Broke the plenum also the hood dampers hood won't stay open. Forgot to staple my proof of correction on my paperwork. And act shocked like we didn't know. Also said water pump,seeping 1126 plus taxes . I told them water pump part is 153 plus shipping from Lexus of concord. And you charging 1000 dollars for labor . Called Lexus Westminster same job water pump 600 out the door . Have to go back tomorrow with my three little kids and just show them their hack job .
How did this go for you? I hope they took care of you, bud.

Ken.
Old 07-07-15, 11:43 PM
Miqueaseli
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by KJH
How did this go for you? I hope they took care of you, bud.

Ken.
When I went back last Monday service manager tried to blame other dealer that that replaced starter or myself. So I just told him to please ask his technician that performed the recalls . He came over and in front of me showed him the broken plenum and hood struts. Technician owned up and admitted to breaking both parts and not telling anybody. So Lexus corporate called and gave me a 500 credit towards water pump replacement. Took it to Longo Lexus last Friday and paid just 160 out of pocket. Lexus of riverside wants me to pay for one hood strut and they will pay for other and plenum and labor. Going in this month on the 25th to get it fixed . Overall not too pleased with Lexus of riverside but they pleaded with me not to give them a bad review. Still in shock as to why they would charge 1126 plus tax for water pump. When Lexus of westminster and Longo was half the price.
Old 07-08-15, 02:01 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Miqueaseli
When I went back last Monday service manager tried to blame other dealer that that replaced starter or myself. So I just told him to please ask his technician that performed the recalls . He came over and in front of me showed him the broken plenum and hood struts. Technician owned up and admitted to breaking both parts and not telling anybody. So Lexus corporate called and gave me a 500 credit towards water pump replacement. Took it to Longo Lexus last Friday and paid just 160 out of pocket. Lexus of riverside wants me to pay for one hood strut and they will pay for other and plenum and labor. Going in this month on the 25th to get it fixed . Overall not too pleased with Lexus of riverside but they pleaded with me not to give them a bad review. Still in shock as to why they would charge 1126 plus tax for water pump. When Lexus of westminster and Longo was half the price.
they charge that probably because of misinformed people falling for it. i remember the days of installing a new timing belt just to do the water pump. im sure there are people who think that high prices of labor for other different cars' water pump and thinking 1100 for labor is normal.
Old 07-08-15, 07:11 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

So had mine collected by a driver for Lexus Woodford here in the UK yesterday. Car was in for both the cooling fan and fuel recalls.

They gave me an IS300H as a courtesy car which was a step up from the normal CT200H I usually get!

Car was due back this afternoon, but had a call from the service department to say there is a check engine light on the dash, and the tech says it's an AFM issue?! They are still trying to work out what happened as they claim they just took everything off to do the recall, then re-installed it.

Hoping to get it back to me tomorrow now.

We got £25 of fuel over here for the recall!

A tank would have been sweet! Lol.

Will let you know when I hear more guys.

Cheers.

Peter
Old 08-24-15, 07:43 PM
James7
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Katin2
No broken harness all seems to be good. I told them a few times about the harness and they said they had notes actually in the recall about it. No complaints at all.
Thanks for the update on this .. I bought my car from them in 2010, but was always leery of bringing it back for service there (aside from the first free oil change) Service advisor (really old guy) sucked

I have my appointment this Friday - I like an idiot, went to pay my registration this past weekend, and totally forgot the recall prevents the issuance of the full registration... but I paid my fees... anyhow, I will post up what happens with mine ..

Quick Reply: "ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*