IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

"ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-15, 11:25 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 77 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by KJH
Drove 52-miles to Lexus of Westminster (bypassing Lexus of Riverside, which is 10-miles from my home) to deliver the car to Pete Phat, the SA that has received top notch reviews from Josh and others. I provided Pete an email regarding my service requirements and expectations, various links to affected threads on CL and related matters (no washing of car; no test drives and cowl removed for on-site inspection when I pick up the car). This is the first time my car has been to a Lexus dealer, so there are several items that are going to be addressed, including the following:

Front Wiper Arm Nut

Internal Trunk Release Lever (Handle)

Engine Cooling Fans

Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak

My work order includes specific written instructions regarding the wiring harness cover. While there, Pete provided me a Proof of Correction Certificate I can provide Triple AAA so I can get my car registered before my tags expire. Hoping for the best and will update this thread accordingly.

Ken.

P.S. I was very impressed with my first contact with Pete.
Got my car back and I am pleased to give another ringing endorsement to Pete Phat, SA at Lexus of Westminster. All of the items in my post above were successfully handled. Pete followed my written instructions to a "T", including paraphrasing my instructions in the work order and having a Master Tech work on my car (per my request).

When I went to pick up the car, Pete personally removed the plenum to allow me to inspect all areas that have proved to be troublesome for other dealers. Based upon my one experience, and the experience of other IS-F owners, I would recommend Pete and Lexus of Westminster, without reservation, for this procedure.

Ken.
Old 06-19-15, 12:29 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by edee
We took our 2006 IS250 in for the ELF recall on April 29 and got it back April 30. On May 9 the Check VSC light and check engine light came on and the car started sputtering, but was ok. My daughter was sick and trying to get well and leave for a two week mission trip so we weren't able to get back to the dealership immediately - she's two hour away from me with the car.

On May 20, the sputtering was noticeable worse. We parked the car May 21 and took it to the dealership on May 26. I requested the 90K service since we bought the car used and I didn't know if it had been done. MAF loose connection and trash in the fuel line is what I was told caused the issue. Got the car back and it ran beautifully for 5 days. It passed inspection within those 5 days.

On May 31 the Check VSC light came back on. Returned to dealer on June 1, Code P0420 (but car was running well) Report showed catalyst efficiency, catalytic converters working properly. Code cleared.

On 6.7 Check VSC came on again. Took car on 6.8 - P0420 Bank 1 Catalytic Converter Passenger side replaced for close to $1800.

6.9 - Picked up car. Still drives good
6.10 - Check VCS back on.
6.11 Check VCS light off, but came back on as soon as gas tank was filled around noon. At 7:00pm, practically all the warning lights are on and car won't start.

Car was running fine BEFORE the recall was done. Dealership says it's a coincidence. I don't believe it at all. I'm going to have it towed to another Lexus dealership as I don't trust the one here to touch it again since every time they've 'fixed' it, it breaks worse than before.

Any advice on how to handle this would be greatly appreciated. I feel like they've ruined a perfectly good car and I don't know what recourse I have. Plus I've paid around $2500 in the past three weeks for a car that was running fine and now it still isn't. Thanks,
why would you replace the entire catalytic converter for a P0420? a lot of simpler and cheap fixes. Not sure who diagnosed that for you but i hope they made sure it wasn't the simple stuff first.
Old 06-22-15, 12:53 PM
Zelfiris
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brought my ISF back to Northwest Lexus on Saturday and they replaced my harness free of charge (as promised). Positive experience overall. Nothing seems to be broken and car drives great
Old 06-22-15, 04:50 PM
fstpassat
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I work right down the street from Nalley Roswell and was considering going there for this. I've not heard good things about the other Lexus dealers in the North Atlanta area, so I'd really like to know how this works out for you.
Just wanted to conclude my experience with Nalley. They fixed the piece the following week as they stated they would and I confirmed the repair was identical to my "pre-repair" photos. I am a pleased customer and will continue to use their service department for future repairs.
Old 06-25-15, 06:42 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 405 Likes on 256 Posts

Well I just got the car back from Stevenson Lexus of Frederick and all seemed fine until I pulled it into my garage and the smell of coolant was overwhelming I immediately popped the hood and the coolant level was at the very bottom of the reservoir and I looked underneath the car and there was antifreeze dripping all over my garage floor and running down the underneath side of the car

What do you think happened? I phoned and left a message for the SA immediately to give me a call in the morning because I'll have to take it back up there

Here are some pics I just took, and it continues to leak out, they're going to have to come and tow the car in the morning
Attached Thumbnails "ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*-coolant-leak-pic-1.jpg   "ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*-coolant-leak-pic-2.jpg   "ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*-coolant-leak-pic-3.jpg  
Old 06-25-15, 09:32 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Well I just got the car back from Stevenson Lexus of Frederick and all seemed fine until I pulled it into my garage and the smell of coolant was overwhelming I immediately popped the hood and the coolant level was at the very bottom of the reservoir and I looked underneath the car and there was antifreeze dripping all over my garage floor and running down the underneath side of the car

What do you think happened? I phoned and left a message for the SA immediately to give me a call in the morning because I'll have to take it back up there

Here are some pics I just took, and it continues to leak out, they're going to have to come and tow the car in the morning
Agreed.... Just have them come tow it...

Joe Z
Old 06-25-15, 10:02 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

^^^^^

I know some guys have had their radiators replaced when the cooling fan recall was done due to the radiator cracking or something? I'm guessing this is what happened, I don't know what it is about that recall that causes these radiators to crack??
Old 06-26-15, 05:36 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
^^^^^

I know some guys have had their radiators replaced when the cooling fan recall was done due to the radiator cracking or something? I'm guessing this is what happened, I don't know what it is about that recall that causes these radiators to crack??
When they are servicing the fans, the small neck outlet that goes to the coolant bottle hose is prown to breaking / sheering right off the radiator because it is aged + fragile.

The new IS F radiators have a thicker & larger outlet now for that hose line...

~ Joe Z
Old 06-26-15, 08:10 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

^^^^^^^

Thanks Joe! They called me today and said that the shop foreman was working on diagnosing the problem. He said that so far he had to order a coolant hose that they don't stock and will be here sometime early next week?? And that the diagnosis was ongoing.........

I told the SA that the car was brought in with zero cooling issues and no loss of coolant and that whatever happened, or is found, that it was a direct cause of the recalls performed (fuel sensor/cooling fan).

I have a GS350 loaner to drive until it's fixed, so hopefully fingers crossed there will be some positive news either tomorrow or Monday??
Old 06-27-15, 08:15 PM
916gs400
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I bought my car few months ago, and previous owner did the fuel recall, so i read th is thread and looked under the engine car. And i see thr broken wire cover and black tape re wrap. But i wanted to know besides being a eye sore. Is there any damage or side effect the broken wire cover will cause later on. After read all these bad exprience at the dealership. I dont think i want to bring my car back in to fix. Car runs great. So i wan to leave that way and possible aviod check engine lights.
Old 06-28-15, 08:29 AM
Quadrphnia
Advanced

Received 135 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by 916gs400
I bought my car few months ago, and previous owner did the fuel recall, so i read th is thread and looked under the engine car. And i see thr broken wire cover and black tape re wrap. But i wanted to know besides being a eye sore. Is there any damage or side effect the broken wire cover will cause later on. After read all these bad exprience at the dealership. I dont think i want to bring my car back in to fix. Car runs great. So i wan to leave that way and possible aviod check engine lights.
I'd call the dealership and demand the part. Then take a look at this:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f/780932-diy-wire-harness-protector.html

Took me about an hour but I was being super careful. Lexus gave it to me free of charge of course.
Old 06-28-15, 09:19 AM
Miqueaseli
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadrphnia
I'd call the dealership and demand the part. Then take a look at this:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...protector.html

Took me about an hour but I was being super careful. Lexus gave it to me free of charge of course.
Coming Monday after I go back to dealership another failed ELF broken various parts and just sending me on my way and acting in shock when I called them out on it .
Old 06-28-15, 05:05 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 77 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Miqueaseli
Coming Monday after I go back to dealership another failed ELF broken various parts and just sending me on my way and acting in shock when I called them out on it .
So Riverside Lexus didn't show you much love, huh?

Ken.
Old 06-28-15, 08:49 PM
Miqueaseli
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by KJH
So Riverside Lexus didn't show you much love, huh?

Ken.
Broke the plenum also the hood dampers hood won't stay open. Forgot to staple my proof of correction on my paperwork. And act shocked like we didn't know. Also said water pump,seeping 1126 plus taxes . I told them water pump part is 153 plus shipping from Lexus of concord. And you charging 1000 dollars for labor . Called Lexus Westminster same job water pump 600 out the door . Have to go back tomorrow with my three little kids and just show them their hack job .
Old 06-30-15, 06:49 PM
STLblueF
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Wanted to share my experience so far:
Dropped the car off yesterday and mentioned the cracked harness issues to watch out for. Service advisor said they would replace anything they damage no problem. They sent me on my way in a gs350 f-sport.
Service advisor called me today this afternoon and calmly explained that during replacing the fan bolts, that due to age the coolant return line snapped off the radiator (as mentioned earlier by Joe-z). Before I could respond he said they have a brand new radiator arriving tomorrow and barring any unforeseen problems it should be good to go tomorrow or Thursday. I am actually glad this happened during a recall instead of on my dime. I have a CPO warranty so not sure if the radiator is covered from that or because it was during a recall, but they are paying 100% of it either way so I can't complain.

I'll check out the harness cover before I leave but honestly I'm sure since they are eating a new radiator that won't be an issue. Overall pleased with the communication so far. I'll follow up once I get the car back.

Quick Reply: "ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*