IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

"ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-15, 09:51 AM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Just got it back. Popped the hood with the SA standing there. Saw some felt tape had been added to the harness. Which I never noticed any rubbing from the cover. I asked the SA if it got broke. He said yes because it gets hot there. I asked him if we could get it replaced since it broke under a warranty repair. He told me they will order it and would ask if it would be covered.he came back said it was not covered but he would take care of it for me.
Old 05-19-15, 10:07 AM
clarionguy
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my car is there as we speak. crossing my fingers. I took like 30 pictures before handing the car over.

is250 loaner.

I just put on kw v3 coilovers over the weekend. man it took me a long time to do.

hoping things go well first then maybe I'll do alignment.

I put on figs lca bushing and fsport rear sway bar too.

Originally Posted by Zelfiris
Booked an appointment for June 02 at Northwest Lexus (Ontario). The SA said they will replace anything they break. I'm going to remove all the engine covers before going in so I can show them there is no damage prior to drop off.

Will keep everyone updated
Old 05-19-15, 10:18 AM
Zelfiris
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by clarionguy
my car is there as we speak. crossing my fingers. I took like 30 pictures before handing the car over.

is250 loaner.

I just put on kw v3 coilovers over the weekend. man it took me a long time to do.

hoping things go well first then maybe I'll do alignment.

I put on figs lca bushing and fsport rear sway bar too.
They told me it will be 4 hours to get the job done (I have 4 recalls for them to perform). How long was the estimate for you?

Do you mind PMing me your Service Advisor's name and tech's name?
Old 05-19-15, 01:10 PM
ihiryu
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They finally called me today, to schedule for monday. Let's see how this goes.
Old 05-19-15, 02:57 PM
weswork
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by swoo350
I had both the recalls done on Friday as well and today my Check VSC/CEL light came on. Anyone else have the same? I will bringing in my car to my mech to scan for codes but hopefully nothing serious..
I had the same thing happen. At first I was pissed as it caused another trip back to the dealer. Discovered that one of the connectors had not fully been pushed on. Take off the cover and check connectors. Mine was a black one, on driver's side closer to the back of the engine compartment (firewall) vs the front. The also cracked my harness cover. Waiting on their "approval" for it to be replaced. Not very satisfied at this point.
Old 05-19-15, 04:54 PM
clarionguy
Pit Crew

my car is stuck at the dealership.

the slow leaking coolant was again all inside the valley.
they were not able to further proceed with the recall.

the cooling fan recall was complete without doing anything. they didn't crack the rad so far.

I was quoted 5 hours labour and parts for $900 something. they will order a new heat exchanger and reseal.
they mentioned the part is most likely warped.

I could not get a deal on the labour savings. however they said it would have been 10 hours?

hope I get it back tomorrow as estimated.
Old 05-20-15, 04:52 AM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Welp, driving into work this morning and noticed the car started to sound funny and ride a little rough. CEL came on and started flashing then the car started to really sound bad and ride rough. So pissed off right now. Hopefully its just a loose connection they missed during the recall
Old 05-20-15, 05:14 AM
MGordo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked my car up from the recall yesterday and all is well.. no cracks and drives normal. (Calgary, AB, Lexus of Calgary)
Old 05-20-15, 06:32 AM
Sean
Lead Lap

Somebody please tell me you've had this done in Mobile, Orange Park, or Jacksonville with no issues. Even Montgomery or Macon... It's a long drive for me wherever I go so I'd like to avoid any screwups.
Old 05-20-15, 08:17 AM
j3ff
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Going in next week for the cooling fan recall but no word on the ELF. Nothing shows up on lexus.ca and the SA is saying the ELF recall is 08-10 models only. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 05-20-15, 10:11 AM
mattbeeezy
Lead Lap

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by j3ff
Going in next week for the cooling fan recall but no word on the ELF. Nothing shows up on lexus.ca and the SA is saying the ELF recall is 08-10 models only. Can anyone confirm this?
thats correct only 08-10 IS-F's were affected
Old 05-20-15, 01:04 PM
Drok149
11 Second Club

Took my car in for recall work 2 weeks ago and as I'm taking off my engine covers to go to the track tonight I noticed my wire harness is all wrapped up with duct tape. Wasn't like that when I changed my spark plugs in December. I'm not happy obviously and it was Lexus of Danvers, MA in case anyone was planning on going there. Reluctantly going back tomorrow to talk to the service manager and show him the hack job.
Old 05-20-15, 01:28 PM
swoo350
Rookie

Originally Posted by weswork
I had the same thing happen. At first I was pissed as it caused another trip back to the dealer. Discovered that one of the connectors had not fully been pushed on. Take off the cover and check connectors. Mine was a black one, on driver's side closer to the back of the engine compartment (firewall) vs the front. The also cracked my harness cover. Waiting on their "approval" for it to be replaced. Not very satisfied at this point.
That's good that you were able to find out what it was. I also figured what mine was which is most likely not related to the recalls.. scanned for codes and got p0101 which is related to my MAF probably got nudged during the recalls or it needs to be replaced.
Old 05-20-15, 08:54 PM
clarionguy
Pit Crew

Default Coolant leak in the valley

Coolant in the Valley

Broken Harness

Old 05-21-15, 10:29 AM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

: (