IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

"ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*

Old 03-05-15, 08:18 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by Levitics
Well guys I'm not sure what exactly it was but my friend went to the dealership in Dallas, Tx. to do all the recalls on one time. story short for some reason dealership end up installing new radiator and some other little stuff, i don't know why but right after he left the dealership the car started to leak antifreeze from behind engine... he took it back, check on it for another 3 days and said they couldn't find what exactly was but maybe by replacing gaskets was gonna fix.....

Well this started right after they did the fuel gasket recall
Geez now owners have to worry about having the coolant issue after the fuel recall is done This is disturbing as I'm looking for an F
Old 03-05-15, 08:31 AM
liquidtek
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

get a 2011+ then. pretty sure this only affects 08-09 and possibly 10.
Old 03-05-15, 08:38 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

^^^The coolant issue affects all years as someone who has a 2013 is having the coolant issue also.

I think the water pump affects only 08/09 MY's................Not to sure about the fuel pressure sensor.
Old 03-05-15, 08:49 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

^^^^^^
Originally Posted by mattbeeezy
Yeah IS-F's from 08-10 were affected
Yea your right it's 08-10's for the ELF fuel recall

Originally Posted by SoCalISF
Thanks Matt, I obviously missed that somewhere. I wish the coolant leak from the coolant transfer tube o-ring, or heat exchanger was only an '08-'10 issue!
This is where I read that the coolant issue might affect all years as he has a 2013 I think.
Old 03-06-15, 07:18 AM
Levitics
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im jyst not doing them recalls, i want to keep my car and i dont want to hurt F

So if is not really need it for it to be done, i will just not do it.. and keep enjoying the F until
Old 03-06-15, 08:34 AM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mattbeeezy
Just pull your engine cover off it's the black U plastic piece that's marked 36 or 37. It hold all of the top wires together.
Dude freakin A bro, they broke mine too and didn't tell me! That pisses me off like no other, I am so sick of Lexus dealers they all have the worst customer service and shotty *** work, this reminds me of something Jiffy lube or some other dinky little service shop would do, not a Lexus Dealer.

Thanks for the heads up, I am going to rip them a new one when I bring it back today. I appreciate you letting me know to check it.

"ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*-65uak3i.jpg
"ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*-okgl7jz.jpg

Last edited by RedlineAZ; 03-06-15 at 08:41 AM.
Old 03-06-15, 09:06 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,832 Likes on 2,321 Posts

That is part number 82817-30L40.

I am sad to see these reports coming in from the field. It gives me even less confidence about getting this done correctly. Obviously the dealers are ignoring the Lexus procedure to accomplish this task.

Anyone who has not had this done yet should prep the service adviser to be sure they understand you will not accept this kind of shoddy flat rate work.
Old 03-06-15, 09:21 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

i have an appointment on the 16 and when they;re done ill pop the hood and check while at the dealership..thanx for the head up peepsss...
Old 03-06-15, 09:41 AM
zen
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RedlineAZ
Dude freakin A bro, they broke mine too and didn't tell me! That pisses me off like no other, I am so sick of Lexus dealers they all have the worst customer service and shotty *** work, this reminds me of something Jiffy lube or some other dinky little service shop would do, not a Lexus Dealer.

Thanks for the heads up, I am going to rip them a new one when I bring it back today. I appreciate you letting me know to check it.

The same happened to me, the engine wire harness protector broke from the dealership did the recall. They told me the protector is crumbling and has rust therefore it's better to replace it, and I paid the parts/labor. I'm pretty sure they broke the piece during the recall, but on a second thought, the protector is made from plastic so over the time from the heat/cold, the plastic would become deterioate. I'm not sure if I should ask the dealership for a refund since the protector piece is better to replace anyways.
Old 03-06-15, 10:47 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

I have a simple rule - if you break it while attempting to fix my car, you replace it without regard for cost. If I even suspect I might break something on someone else's car, I won't touch it without them knowing it might break and might need to be replaced.

FWIW, I just checked my protector for brittleness. With over 110k miles on it, it's still very flexible. If your dealership broke it, it's because they were careless.
Old 03-06-15, 10:58 AM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
That is part number 82817-30L40.

I am sad to see these reports coming in from the field. It gives me even less confidence about getting this done correctly. Obviously the dealers are ignoring the Lexus procedure to accomplish this task.

Anyone who has not had this done yet should prep the service adviser to be sure they understand you will not accept this kind of shoddy flat rate work.
Lance, is this part number for harness protector?

My dealer was trying to deny that they were responsible, they also broke a sensor connector and glued it with some black silicone and tried to blame PPE because the engine was "removed from the vehicle to install the headers" ....which it wasn't. They said they would replace the protector and connector that were broken if they are inexpensive and do not require a replacement of the entire engine harness, but they won't if it requires replacement of the entire wire harness. Does anyone know if this connector has to be cut off and respliced, or if it can be replaced in its entirety? I don't want them splicing a new one in. That should be inexpensive, they are concerned about harness protector only coming complete with a new engine wire harness. Does anyone know if just the protector is available separately? And does anyone know if this connector end can be replaced without having to splice in a new one?

"ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*-arlnffq.jpg
Old 03-06-15, 11:03 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

The protector is the part number I posted. And I would complain very loudly if it were not available separately. You screw up my harness, you buy a new one. Period. Lexus wiring is the best in the industry, bar none. It is the reason why there are so few electrical issues with Toyota products.

That connector is available separately, it is the cam position sensor. Part number is 90980-12353 - $7.10 retail. They do not need to splice anything, and if they even suggested it to me I would tell the SA it's time for a new harness because your techs are incompetent.

BTW, the connector itself has the 12353 designator on it. It looks like a Yazaki part, it has their logo on it.

Looking at the picture, it appears the sensor is broken (90919-05061, $137.34 retail), not the connector. It's easy enough to replace, but it will be a lot more money than just the connector.

Last edited by lobuxracer; 03-06-15 at 11:35 AM.
Old 03-06-15, 11:10 AM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
The protector is the part number I posted. And I would complain very loudly if it were not available separately. You screw up my harness, you buy a new one. Period. Lexus wiring is the best in the industry, bar none. It is the reason why there are so few electrical issues with Toyota products.

That connector is available separately. It will take some research to find it, but all of the ends are available from Lexus. They do not need to splice anything, and if they even suggested it to me I would tell the SA it's time for a new harness because your techs are incompetent.
Thanks Lance!!!! Looks like thats a $58 (retail) part for that harness protector according to this site
http://www.lexussouthatlantaparts.co...ssembly=793357

And thanks for the clarification about the connector end. They didn't mention splicing it but they said they had a connector the were going to replace mine with and I just wanted to make sure I knew very clearly what that entails before they hack up wires or something.
Old 03-06-15, 12:36 PM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Sounds like I will definitely advise, and prior to I will take some good ole QAQC "pre-departure" pictures to substantiate a claim as I have implemented at work for ISO 9001 guidelines to make sure they do not try to claim they received something in any other condition than what I actually gave them. Thank you for those providing information and data I will definitely document. What they are doing is purely unethical. What is going on in the field is not a "Lexus" issue its solely the "ethical failure" on the technicians part in respect to the work. This is asinine especially with he silicone sensor as RedlineAZ has seen. could you imagine facing future problem tracing it back to improperly re-installed, nicked, or broken harness, and we would foot the bill to diagnose. I would most definitely have documented and would be getting some warranty from Lexus North America that is excuse my language but BULL****. It rubs me so very wrong because in the world I see daily this happens because of loss of ethics and it is sad.
Old 03-06-15, 03:23 PM
mattbeeezy
Lead Lap

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

as promised the pictures of what they did to mine electric taped it and it came off after 30 miles of driving due to the heat........... and still waiting on the replacement part. Thank you to that awesome Lexus Technician!

And a picture of what I did to temporarily remedy it. Since the wires sit on top of the intake manifold i didn't it want melt any of the wires. Yes they also broke all whole bottom piece so it was exposed wire. I drove across country recently 2000 miles so I had to make it work some how. *Used Cool Tape*

Last edited by mattbeeezy; 03-06-15 at 03:26 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*