IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

"ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-15, 09:03 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalISF
I definitely am not comfortable with just any hack meandering around the top end of my F. Of equal concern to me is the coolant smell I encounter after driving my car hard.

I have assumed it was the coolant reservoir/expansion tank venting, but after this information I am beginning to wonder. Have searched the forums but found no further information on the coolant leak issue. Is it that rare? My car is a '13 with 8500 miles on the clock.
Disregard, found the information.
Old 02-25-15, 10:23 AM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mattbeeezy
I checked my VIN through the toyota recalls website and the remedy is finally available, so I called Lexus of San Diego to schedule a fix for the ELF campaign and they said it was not available???? lol here is a screen shot of what I pulled up. My question is has anyone got theirs done yet?

So I checked the Toyota recall website and found nothing, wanted to verify with a live human so I called the Lexus Customer Care center. No recalls for my VIN.

The rep I spoke with was helpful, but couldn't answer all of my questions. Am I to assume the Fuel Pressure Sensor (or at the very least the seal) was changed on the later builds and are not a problem?
Old 02-25-15, 10:53 AM
mattbeeezy
Lead Lap

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Yeah IS-F's from 08-10 were affected
Old 02-25-15, 11:19 AM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Yeah IS-F's from 08-10 were affected
Thanks Matt, I obviously missed that somewhere. I wish the coolant leak from the coolant transfer tube o-ring, or heat exchanger was only an '08-'10 issue!
Old 02-26-15, 03:23 AM
GX470Ken
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

For what it's worth, ...both me and my brother in-law with 08's had the ELF campaign completed at Lexus of Silver Spring in MD. yesterday. While in there I also had the Cooling Fan recall completed and the known leaky water pump replaced. All work appears to have been completed without issue.
Old 02-26-15, 06:28 AM
spddemon
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kenneth40
For what it's worth, ...both me and my brother in-law with 08's had the ELF campaign completed at Lexus of Silver Spring in MD. yesterday. While in there I also had the Cooling Fan recall completed and the known leaky water pump replaced. All work appears to have been completed without issue.
Did they do the water pump as a separate recall or was it just because they found it leaking?
Old 02-26-15, 07:13 AM
GX470Ken
Driver

Originally Posted by spddemon
Did they do the water pump as a separate recall or was it just because they found it leaking?
No, there is no actual recall for the water pump as I know it and it would not have been covered under the original 6 year/70k powertrain warranty due to age. (missed it by that much ) Another member on CL with an F checked it out about a week ago for me and he shown me there was a little leak. I scheduled the work for the recalls at the dealership and just let them do the work. I bought a third party warranty when I purchased the car this past November so I only paid $100 for the repair which was my deductible. No issues from the warranty company.
Old 02-26-15, 09:22 AM
spddemon
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kenneth40
No, there is no actual recall for the water pump as I know it and it would not have been covered under the original 6 year/70k powertrain warranty due to age. (missed it by that much ) Another member on CL with an F checked it out about a week ago for me and he shown me there was a little leak. I scheduled the work for the recalls at the dealership and just let them do the work. I bought a third party warranty when I purchased the car this past November so I only paid $100 for the repair which was my deductible. No issues from the warranty company.
Ok I didn't think there was but thought I would ask. The pump should be covered under power train though . I guess I'll find out shorty, going to schedule my car soon for recalls at rockville Lexus. Fingers crossed
Old 02-26-15, 05:27 PM
wing
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Huh now I don't want to get this done, but I'll be tracking the car so probably safer to do so.

I only have 25,000 miles on my car though so I wonder if it's a time thing that kills the gasket or a usage thing. haha
Old 03-04-15, 07:16 PM
gearcase
Rookie

Default Elf

Just had the elf and cooling fan campaigns done . so far so good. Requested master tech.
Old 03-05-15, 03:00 AM
mattbeeezy
Lead Lap

Well to update everyone I didn't not have such great experience. I actually checked their work and there was spilled coolant everywhere... That's not the worst part they completely broke my wiring harness protector. It's the plastic part in the middle on top of the intake manifold. The dealer did not tell me it was broken into pieces they just sent me on my way and send nothing. All they did was electric tape the pieces together. So of course I called them back and complained and my SA said would talk to the tech and get back to me. Well he called me back and said the tech had a hard time moving the wires with protector and with the protector being so brittle it cracked. I didn't argue because I touched an old zip tie in the area and it completely broke off. It was just the way they went about it, to make a long story short they said they would replace the wiring protector and call me when the part arrives and apologized of course. So that's where I'm at. You should always check their work..... You don't know who's working on your car. They could say they are assigning it to a master tech but honestly if they are busy they will just give it to the next tech available. They are not making any profit from a recall. Oh and I'll post pics when I get a chance I sure took a lot lol
Old 03-05-15, 06:36 AM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Well to update everyone I didn't not have such great experience. I actually checked their work and there was spilled coolant everywhere... That's not the worst part they completely broke my wiring harness protector. It's the plastic part in the middle on top of the intake manifold. The dealer did not tell me it was broken into pieces they just sent me on my way and send nothing. All they did was electric tape the pieces together. So of course I called them back and complained and my SA said would talk to the tech and get back to me. Well he called me back and said the tech had a hard time moving the wires with protector and with the protector being so brittle it cracked. I didn't argue because I touched an old zip tie in the area and it completely broke off. It was just the way they went about it, to make a long story short they said they would replace the wiring protector and call me when the part arrives and apologized of course. So that's where I'm at. You should always check their work..... You don't know who's working on your car. They could say they are assigning it to a master tech but honestly if they are busy they will just give it to the next tech available. They are not making any profit from a recall. Oh and I'll post pics when I get a chance I sure took a lot lol
Thanks for the update! Post pics of areas I should check, I honestly don't know where to begin to look.
Old 03-05-15, 07:22 AM
mattbeeezy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RedlineAZ
Thanks for the update! Post pics of areas I should check, I honestly don't know where to begin to look.
Just pull your engine cover off it's the black U plastic piece that's marked 36 or 37. It hold all of the top wires together.
Old 03-05-15, 07:34 AM
Levitics
Rookie

Well guys I'm not sure what exactly it was but my friend went to the dealership in Dallas, Tx. to do all the recalls on one time. story short for some reason dealership end up installing new radiator and some other little stuff, i don't know why but right after he left the dealership the car started to leak antifreeze from behind engine... he took it back, check on it for another 3 days and said they couldn't find what exactly was but maybe by replacing gaskets was gonna fix.....

Well this started right after they did the fuel gasket recall.... and thats the one i need... is scary..

My friend trade in the car in a different place a day later, after getting a quote of $3,700 to maybe to fix the problem.

We need to make sure you know who is touching your car!!!

By the way i got to keep my friends headlights and led fogs
Old 03-05-15, 07:40 AM
Levitics
Rookie

New headlights and new fogs leds
Attached Thumbnails "ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*-20150227_145020.jpg   "ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*-20150222_090251.jpg  

Quick Reply: "ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*