Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric 2 now available for ISF

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-15, 01:42 PM
Rossi
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Rossi

I will break them in and report back.
Well, this might be the my new favorite tire for ISF.

Besides the outstanding price point, I must say I am very delighted with these tires.

1) Outstanding grip, it is much harder to let the car slide sideways than before. Noticeably less wheel spin on hard launches. It is almost weird to me.

2) No change in the steering feel vs. Michelins. Great comfort level on these right from the start, it took me little while to get comfortable with the new set on PSSs before. Both tires great comfort wise.

3) Finally got some rain recently in SoCal. The wet traction on these tires puts the Michelins to shame...... there is just no other way to put it. (Not the big one for me, because it rains here 8x a year, but somewhere else this might be important.)

4) These tires are noticeably wider then the PSSs, the curb-rash protector on these tires is second to none. Anyone who has his girlfriend or wife driving their ISF will really appreciate this!!

Just my two cents.

All the Michelin diehards, please go easy here. I only report, you decide

Last edited by Rossi; 05-27-15 at 01:47 PM.
Old 05-27-15, 02:23 PM
Jmt1011
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had mine on for a few weeks now. Very happy with the performance for the price. Best part is the very limited wheel spin on a hard launch.
Old 05-27-15, 09:01 PM
PatrickISF
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Well I'm sure the Goodyear is a great tire, but I always say the same thing about my brand new tires coming off old tires with no tread. I've had two sets of PSS's and as they wear out, I lose traction, wet performance degrades, and the ride gets a little off. All of these things will happen as tires wear out. I get a new set of tires and next thing you know, you have traction, great wet performance, and ride is smooth.

Now for the money, Goodyears are the way to go. The PSS's are still higher in price than other tires around. I think if you were to take the two tires head to head, the PSS's will still out perform the Goodyears... at the track. You really can't measure these tires side by side just based on road driving every day. I have a feeling the Goodyears will fall apart much faster than the PSS's at the track since we drive cars on the heavier side of the scale.

If you are never going to take your car to the track, get the Goodyears. If you are going to track your car, get the PSS's.
Old 05-28-15, 08:41 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,290 Posts

When I bought my Bridgestone S-04, which I still luv BTW, the PSS would have been my tire of choice IF they came in the 285/30/19 size for the rear. They didn't, and still don't. The Goodyears suffer the same missing size flaw.

IMHO, if you want to upgrade to the 245/285 sizes, the S-04 is still the only viable choice.

Lou
Old 09-14-15, 09:01 PM
Rossi
Racer

# 1&2) front tires
# 3&4) rear tires
#5) tire patters front

the curb rash protector is quite noticable. 245/35/19 and 275/30/19 size for Goodyear F1 Assymetric 2
Attached Thumbnails Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric 2 now available for ISF-frontire.jpg   Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric 2 now available for ISF-fronttire2.jpg   Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric 2 now available for ISF-reartire.jpg   Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric 2 now available for ISF-reartire2.jpg   Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric 2 now available for ISF-tirepattern.jpg  

Old 09-15-15, 07:11 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

it doesn't matter at the end of the day they are still good year tires IMO.

Im running Bridgestone RE-11 and very happy with them.
Old 09-25-15, 08:45 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

So no problem with 15mm spacers?

Need new tires... No tracking... Trying to save some weak-*** canadian dollars.

But looks like price went up a bit on these so now it's only $100 difference vs PSS. Le sigh...
Old 09-25-15, 11:13 PM
Rossi
Racer

Goodyears are too wide in the rear with 15mm spacers using 275/30/19 tires that's with 2008-11 OEM rims.
- front has no issues running 245/35/19 with 15mm spacers.

Last edited by Rossi; 09-26-15 at 07:44 AM.
Old 09-29-15, 10:16 AM
SubOrbital
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

2) No change in the steering feel vs. Michelins. Great comfort level on these right from the start, it took me little while to get comfortable with the new set on PSSs before. Both tires great comfort wise.
Most reviews say the steering response/turn-in characteristics of this tire are inferior to the Michelin. You're sure they're similar enough you can't feel it?

How's the sidewall stiffness? I had a fella tell me that Super Sports don't do well on heavier cars such as ours.
Old 09-29-15, 10:54 AM
Rossi
Racer

Originally Posted by SubOrbital
Most reviews say the steering response/turn-in characteristics of this tire are inferior to the Michelin. You're sure they're similar enough you can't feel it?

How's the sidewall stiffness? I had a fella tell me that Super Sports don't do well on heavier cars such as ours.
I am obsessed with steering feel. I even upgraded my steeringECU to 2011 unit for more steering feel while back. The steering feel is great, actually little better than before, because I installed FIGS bushings at the same time as we installed the tires to primarily avoid the inner tire wear. Many reported that the bushings improve the steering feel a lot too, so I cannot compare vs. PSS as I never experienced the steering feel of the Goodyears without the bushings. But it is awesome.

The tires are much wider than PSS set in the same size, turn-ins are solid, but I don't track the car.
I would not say the sidewalls are softer than PSS but again, I don't track the car to really tell you.
It feels really solid when pushed hard. I find them more comfortable on the freeway for sure.
Old 09-29-15, 12:47 PM
SubOrbital
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I am obsessed with steering feel. I even upgraded my steeringECU to 2011 unit for more steering feel while back. The steering feel is great, actually little better than before, because I installed FIGS bushings at the same time as we installed the tires to primarily avoid the inner tire wear. Many reported that the bushings improve the steering feel a lot too, so I cannot compare vs. PSS as I never experienced the steering feel of the Goodyears without the bushings. But it is awesome.

The tires are much wider than PSS set in the same size, turn-ins are solid, but I don't track the car.
I would not say the sidewalls are softer than PSS but again, I don't track the car to really tell you.
It feels really solid when pushed hard. I find them more comfortable on the freeway for sure.
Hm, no delay from wheel to tire turn? The 'squish' of a more-compliant sidewall really bothers me; I like stiffer sidewalls and this car needs them due to the weight.
Old 09-29-15, 03:39 PM
NSXGuy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For those with 2011 or older wheels not wanting to get too wide, these come in 235/35/19 & 265/30/19.