IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

lexon front lip question

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-15, 08:18 AM
Ltaboso
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default lexon front lip question

My lexon front lip arrived today,i was expecting there would be screws with the kit but there was'nt, so my question is,do i need to buy small screws for the install or there will be screws underneath the bumper so i will just unscrew them and install the lexon lip?

TIA
Old 01-07-15, 10:23 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

With mine I had to get new bolts and made new holes to screw into the bumper.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 01-07-15, 11:26 AM
TranV
Lead Lap

What Josh said!!! But you can buy the u clamps or bolts from a hardware store...clip the two of them together and tighten with screws..
Old 01-07-15, 09:11 PM
Ltaboso
Pole Position

ok thanks guys,i thought it would be a 15min. DIY install =)
Old 01-08-15, 07:38 PM
BieberNutz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on what Josh and Tran said. Mine came with a bag of nuts/bolts & washers (see pics in my thread here). I think they provided 6 of them and the two outer edges/corners used the stock screws from under-panel (just before the front wheels).

Curious, where did you buy from if you don't mind me asking? Did you get the little Lexon badge/emblem that goes in the recessed area in the middle of the lip or was that missing too?
Old 01-08-15, 11:27 PM
Ltaboso
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BieberNutz
+1 on what Josh and Tran said. Mine came with a bag of nuts/bolts & washers (see pics in my thread here). I think they provided 6 of them and the two outer edges/corners used the stock screws from under-panel (just before the front wheels).

Curious, where did you buy from if you don't mind me asking? Did you get the little Lexon badge/emblem that goes in the recessed area in the middle of the lip or was that missing too?
i think mine is a replica,it does not have an emblem or screws,got it from a local shop in hong kong
Old 01-09-15, 07:44 PM
BieberNutz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Ltaboso
i think mine is a replica,it does not have an emblem or screws,got it from a local shop in hong kong
Gotcha - well in the end as long as it looks/fits good and meets your expectations that's all that matters I was trying to find the paperwork that came with mine to see if it listed the size/specs of the nuts/bolts & washers provided but couldn't find it. If anyone else happens to know what the OE Lexon lip uses/requires I was thinking about purchasing extra just in case down the road the originals rust or need to be replaced.
Old 01-10-15, 12:24 AM
Ltaboso
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BieberNutz

i got the replica for around $622 when converted to USD.....i was pretty shocked to hear the price so upon paying i was thinking *it could be an original*,but when the package arrived,i knew it was not the original.....im assuming the original kit will cost even more?
Old 01-10-15, 10:59 AM
BieberNutz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Ltaboso
i got the replica for around $622 when converted to USD.....i was pretty shocked to hear the price so upon paying i was thinking *it could be an original*,but when the package arrived,i knew it was not the original.....im assuming the original kit will cost even more?
To some extent yes, but that does sound kinda high (at least IMO) for a replica. I paid $700 USD for the part and then another $120 to ship from Japan - so $820 for an original vs $622 for the replica. While it's certainly hard to argue with a $200 price savings I guess it all comes down to whether having an original vs a replica matters to you and if there's any noticeable difference in fitment and quality. Regardless of any of this...I personally feel like all the lips for our cars are overpriced lol Again, in the end as long as you're pleased with what you got for what you paid that's all that really matters. This is certainly a good thread for reference for anyone else interested.
Old 02-06-15, 01:42 PM
sncourtesy
Driver School Candidate

Can anybody verify the size screws they used and how many? I just got in my Lexon Replica lip off ebay and it also has no screws...Would like to see how some of you guys mounted it up. IF you have any pics that would be greatly appreciated. From what I can tell the replica piece seems to be pretty well constructed....Thanks in advance
Old 02-06-15, 02:08 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

I just mounted mine a couple days ago. I bought self tapping screws and used large washers for extra surface area of support, but on the two edges it uses the factory bolts (your replica probably isn't predrilled), so use those and then throughout the rest of the lip I drilled holes evenly spaced and used the self tapping screws and washers for those. I drilled a total of 10 screws, and I also used double sided tape as well. My brother had a CF lip that flew off on the freeway and he ran it over and shattered it into a million pieces lol, so if you care about the lip, screw it as much as possible. A new bumper is literally like $300, but a new lip is about double the cost. Also, on the two little center fin/stubs that pop out, on the lip, I also used double sided tape there and drilled a hole into each of the two to secure it there as well, as the center section doesn't have any other place to secure it with screws besides those two stubs
Old 02-12-15, 11:00 AM
sncourtesy
Driver School Candidate

Wink

Could any of you guys who have installed the replica one post some pics showing how you mounted it up. I want to see where and how you placed the screws. I plan on having mine sprayed in a matte black by a bodyshop and then have them install it. Im assuming any good body shop can put this on. I do want to use screws along with some 3m tape in well placed areas but again would like to see some installed pics first. My biggest concern is that I do not want this thing flying off at highway speeds or above ....Thanks in advance for any help
Old 02-12-15, 09:27 PM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sncourtesy
Could any of you guys who have installed the replica one post some pics showing how you mounted it up. I want to see where and how you placed the screws. I plan on having mine sprayed in a matte black by a bodyshop and then have them install it. Im assuming any good body shop can put this on. I do want to use screws along with some 3m tape in well placed areas but again would like to see some installed pics first. My biggest concern is that I do not want this thing flying off at highway speeds or above ....Thanks in advance for any help
The replica will have the holes marked where you need to drill on each flange...drill them out to match your bolt size.
I then drilled hole to mate with the bumper 8 of them for a total of 10 (may be over kill, but it works)
Then align with the bumper and you will mark and drill a holes through your poly bumper in the exact spots.
The two end holes will line up with the OE bumper holes, and the rest will need bolts, washers and nuts.
No 3M tape will be needed, unless you don't want to drill the OE bumper.

It is best to remove the bumper to do this for correct fitment.

I took some pictures of an old replica I have that was destroyed by a truck tire - it should give you ideas on how to do this

Digger08

Last edited by digger08; 02-12-15 at 09:46 PM.