IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Lexon Front Lip Arrived Today

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-14, 07:53 PM
BieberNutz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexon Front Lip Arrived Today

So you know that feeling when you order some new parts/toys for your car and you come home to see they finally arrived

Some pics of what it'll look like installed (not mine - yet)

Old 11-08-14, 06:14 AM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

Yeah, it's a good feeling. You gonna paint to match?
Old 11-08-14, 07:46 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

congrats. Its going to looks great. How much did it set you back ?
Old 11-08-14, 01:03 PM
teamcalvin
Pole Position

man, looks sick! i'm ready to order my lexon..
Old 11-08-14, 07:25 PM
BieberNutz
Pole Position

Thanks guys!

@Rickna - that was the plan but after thinking about it some more I may do a test-fit and see how I like the look of it black against the blue and go from there. If I don't paint it then I've toyed with the idea of hydro-dipping it.

@I8ABMR - $700 for the lip and another $120 for shipping. I lucked out and happened to have been talking with Clark (@VIP) around the time the President from Lexon was coming in to help them with the Instabuilt RCF so he actually asked him to bring one with him for me and he was kind enough to do so. That alone cut down on the wait time considerably and it adds a cool little novelty to it (at least for me) knowing that he brought it with him
Old 11-09-14, 07:14 AM
Rickna
Racer

Originally Posted by BieberNutz
Thanks guys!

@Rickna - that was the plan but after thinking about it some more I may do a test-fit and see how I like the look of it black against the blue and go from there. If I don't paint it then I've toyed with the idea of hydro-dipping it.

@I8ABMR - $700 for the lip and another $120 for shipping. I lucked out and happened to have been talking with Clark (@VIP) around the time the President from Lexon was coming in to help them with the Instabuilt RCF so he actually asked him to bring one with him for me and he was kind enough to do so. That alone cut down on the wait time considerably and it adds a cool little novelty to it (at least for me) knowing that he brought it with him
Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.
Old 11-09-14, 11:26 AM
13UWISF
Driver School Candidate

looks pretty!
Old 11-09-14, 04:59 PM
BieberNutz
Pole Position

Thanks guys. Prior to purchase I was pretty certain I was going to paint it the same color as the car but after showing a few ppl some pics of what it looks like unpainted (leaving it the flat black that it came in) they seemed to like that better so now I'm once again on the fence haha. To paint, hydro-dip or leave it alone...that is the question. Pics below are of how it would look unpainted. Thoughts/comments welcome.

Old 11-10-14, 04:42 AM
Rickna
Racer

Personally, I like the contrast of leaving it black.
Old 11-10-14, 06:08 AM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Leave it black! It looks really sic this way. It adds an aggressive touch...I think with the color match it will look nice as well, but it will often get overlooked.
Old 11-10-14, 05:43 PM
BieberNutz
Pole Position

Rickna & Soulfreak, thanks guys. I appreciate the feedback and will likely end up going this route; at least for now. 1) it doesn't require any additional expense and 2) it means I can put it on this weekend and not have to wait any longer 3) the majority of ppl I've asked seem to agree and since it's a look that I also like it seems like that'll be the choice I'll post some pics when it's finally on. I was actually surprised at the fitment on the underside; the cut matches up and follows the lines of the factory bumper really well. Looks almost like a factory cut piece.
Old 11-22-14, 04:13 PM
BieberNutz
Pole Position

Well guys & girls...I finally had some time today to get this thing installed and I'm extremely pleased with not only the fit but the overall look. In case anyone is curious/interested below are some pics of the fitment underneath the car. I was looking for some of these when I was trying to decide what lip to get but couldn't find any.

Shot from underneath

Another shot from underneath

Shot from above - to capture how far it sticks out from the factory bumper (in front and on the side)

Old 11-22-14, 04:40 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I say paint or hydro dip. Flat black is ehhh. If anything you should have gotten the CF one...but looks good just go with what you want.
Old 11-22-14, 05:00 PM
Rickna
Racer

Whatever you decide to do, I would recommend some type of protection film.
Old 11-22-14, 07:56 PM
blckbrd
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great! If it was mine, I would color match it to the car. I think it would make the front look even more aggressive.
Thanks for showing it from the top view. I like how flush it sits to the car. I'm still on the fence between this and the Lems lip though.

Quick Reply: Lexon Front Lip Arrived Today