IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Front bumper sagging??

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-14, 08:44 PM
TISF
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front bumper sagging??

Ever since I bought the car 2011 isf i noticed there was a small gap in between the headlight and bumper that didn't really bother me . Recently I had my bumper resprayed (license plate holes) and now I see that the gap has widened . I asked the guy who resprayed my bumper and he told me that he didn't do anything with the it besides taking it off and rebolting it back on . I've searched on the forums already to see if anyone else has this problems and found a couple of threads with people with similar problems but they were years ago and never really gave a straight up answer to solve this issue. So just wondering if anyone out there can chime in on this or if anyone whose been in a situation like me want to give me a solution? Anything helps thanks . Il post pics tomorrow to show yall the gap. Right now you can see the brackets through the middle of the headlight and bumper so if you can imagine that for now but will have photos .
Old 10-20-14, 07:23 AM
mattbeeezy
Lead Lap

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

best thing to do is to remove the front bumper and bolt it back up. from the sounds of it, the bumper its self is not sitting on the head light brackets. There is much that holding the front bumper. The two main bolts on the side, plastic clips on top, 10mm screws on the bottom and the head light brackets. The head light brackets is what mainly the front bumper snaps into. There is a small gap but nothing as extreme as what you explained
Old 10-20-14, 09:42 AM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

There is also snap brackets on the sides as well as in front of the lights (4 in total)

Missing, broken or damaged flanges ( that are permanently on the bumper and or hole slots) slide into positions on these clips to support the bumper.

I wonder if the headlight washer hardware or lines....and even a grill not attached properly is causing your issue.....also check that the foam crash bar cover is installed properly

All of these things can cause an irregular fitment at the lights....this means you will have to remove the bumper and check them.

Even running a front lip can cause the bumper to distort enough to loosen the fitment.

Does the sides match up or align with the fenders properly...ie...no gaps or is it just the headlights?

Digger08
Old 10-20-14, 12:25 PM
hahahaf
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

this says it best/ adjusting the 3 screws on the position of the light can give u a few mm too. there should be a little gap but not to much

Originally Posted by digger08
There is also snap brackets on the sides as well as in front of the lights (4 in total)

Missing, broken or damaged flanges ( that are permanently on the bumper and or hole slots) slide into positions on these clips to support the bumper.

I wonder if the headlight washer hardware or lines....and even a grill not attached properly is causing your issue.....also check that the foam crash bar cover is installed properly

All of these things can cause an irregular fitment at the lights....this means you will have to remove the bumper and check them.

Even running a front lip can cause the bumper to distort enough to loosen the fitment.

Does the sides match up or align with the fenders properly...ie...no gaps or is it just the headlights?

Digger08
Old 10-20-14, 02:20 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I have a tiny tiny gap too. Nothing noticeable unless you split hairs. Most likely the previous owner bumped a parking curb and shifted the position of the bumper. $50 says if you look under your bumper you will see some scratches from where the curb rubbed
Old 10-20-14, 03:09 PM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

There's a bolt under the fender liner holding up the bumper to the fender. Try tightening that bolt
Old 10-21-14, 07:56 PM
TISF
Driver

Originally Posted by digger08

Digger08
Thank you everyone for all the responses il try reinstalling the bumper sometime soon and the sides arent flush with the fender it looks like the sides aren't pushed all the way in or that's what it looks like I took pictures today right now but it's too dark out so Im not gonna post these il for sure try to get one tomorrow during the day
Old 10-22-14, 01:01 PM
TISF
Driver

Front bumper sagging??-image.jpg
Here's some photos
Old 10-22-14, 01:04 PM
TISF
Driver

[ATTACH]Front bumper sagging??-image.jpg[/ATTACH] more
Old 10-22-14, 01:06 PM
TISF
Driver

Front bumper sagging??-image.jpg and more
Old 10-22-14, 01:07 PM
TISF
Driver

Front bumper sagging??-image.jpg last one
Old 07-09-15, 10:03 AM
TISF
Driver

So i found an effective method finally ! To fix it maybe some of Yall can effectively use this. All you use are washers before you bolt your bumper back up maybe some of Yall have some experiences of this but I'm really sure why or how it works
Old 07-09-15, 10:27 AM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts

^Do you have some pictures of the bumper now with the washers? I bet this will help a bunch of ISF members!

Thanks!

-Josh (joshhleee, SGM ISF)
Old 07-09-15, 11:49 AM
Sean
Lead Lap

I'd love this! Let us know where you put the washers please. I'm going to have trouble visualizing it unless I go poking around my car again.

I still have a tiny bit of gap that I didn't have before, even after swapping the headlight brackets. I think now my Aeroworkz splitters may have cause some bend that I didn't have before since I added them at the same time while the bumper was off the car.

Even less noticeable but I also have a tiny bit of gap in the rear bumper closest to the tail lights. Could this work for the rear also? The first time I put the bumper back on after having it off for over a week (a long time ago) I had two plastic tabs leftover that bolts should go through and I couldn't figure out where the heck they were supposed to go. I actually ended up convincing myself they go to something else and I accidentally mixed them in. Since then I took it off again to put on a Tom's diffuser and I still couldn't find anywhere these plastic pieces should go!
Old 07-09-15, 03:02 PM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks for sharing, please reply where exactly you placed the washers and how many. I have a 2011 fully stock and noticed this as well. When you re sprayed the bumper did they blend the color well? I got to respray my hood, front bumper, fenders, hell the whole car. I drive it hard and too much road debree has caused paint chipping. But for now hood and front bumper will do...thanks in advance

Quick Reply: Front bumper sagging??