IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Heads Up - ONE-Time Deal on a set of HKS Hipermax IV GT Coilovers - IS-F Specific

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-16, 05:11 PM
Kojak77
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shyguyF
keep us updated buddy ! Thank you !
And I found this seller on Ebay. I will pull the trigger on this that i think it is a fair deal.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HKS-Suspensi...FV8TG4&vxp=mtr
Installed these today, and I'm extremely happy with them.

My car was on stock shocks with Swift Springs, and the HKS ride a ton better.
Old 06-10-16, 06:45 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Kojak77

That's good to hear. What year is your IS-F?
Old 06-10-16, 11:12 PM
shyguyF
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Good to hear man! Mine is on the way home. Did you adjust something on HKS or leave it with factory set up ?
Old 06-13-16, 05:47 AM
Kojak77
Driver

Originally Posted by Diesel350
That's good to hear. What year is your IS-F?

Originally Posted by shyguyF
Good to hear man! Mine is on the way home. Did you adjust something on HKS or leave it with factory set up ?
I left the ride height the way HKS had the coils set up from the factory, and it looks really nice. A little tucked in the rear, and pretty much the same front drop I had with the Swifts.

I set the dampers to 8 clicks from soft front and rear, and will make adjustments as I get more time in the drivers seat. It feels a little bouncy in the front over large undulations, but it takes hard bumps and small potholes really well.

I wish I could offer more insights/comparisons to other set ups besides the Swifts.

I can take some pics if you'd like.
Old 06-13-16, 10:31 PM
shyguyF
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks man ! Just received mine after getting home from work. The HKS looks really nice in craftsmanship now I'm very excited to get it installed but I have to find my time to install it with the upgraded 13-14 steering ecu at the same time.

Old 06-14-16, 05:39 AM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Interesting, what is the advantage of the newer steering unit?
Old 06-14-16, 10:56 AM
Supraman16
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts

I left the ride height the way HKS had the coils set up from the factory, and it looks really nice. A little tucked in the rear, and pretty much the same front drop I had with the Swifts.

I set the dampers to 8 clicks from soft front and rear, and will make adjustments as I get more time in the drivers seat. It feels a little bouncy in the front over large undulations, but it takes hard bumps and small potholes really well.

I wish I could offer more insights/comparisons to other set ups besides the Swifts.

I can take some pics if you'd like.
Just some suggestions since I've now had the HKS Coils for now over a year, and have experimented with various settings. Don't go too soft on the rear, it will make your car a bit bouncy especially with spirited driving on imperfect roads. The best handling, and compromise with comfort were the stock settings, 15/15 from full stiff, and the factory height settings. Also, if you have a upgraded rear sway bar, such as the F sport bar, you may want to experiment with going back to the stock rear sway bar and see how you would like it. With these coils, given the increase spring stiffness, I got more oversteer with the Fsport bar and got more neutral handling with the stock rear sway bar instead. Just some suggestions.
Old 06-14-16, 10:59 AM
Max16
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Supraman16
Just some suggestions since I've now had the HKS Coils for now over a year, and have experimented with various settings. Don't go too soft on the rear, it will make your car a bit bouncy especially with spirited driving on imperfect roads. The best handling, and compromise with comfort were the stock settings, 15/15 from full stiff, and the factory height settings. Also, if you have a upgraded rear sway bar, such as the F sport bar, you may want to experiment with going back to the stock rear sway bar and see how you would like it. With these coils, given the increase spring stiffness, I got more oversteer with the Fsport bar and got more neutral handling with the stock rear sway bar instead. Just some suggestions.
If you had the choice, would you choose higher spring rates than the 16/10 they come with?
Old 06-14-16, 11:48 AM
Kojak77
Driver

Thanks, I'll give the 15/15 a shot.

My RSB is stock, I wasn't sure about upgrading it just yet, I think you have helped me with that choice.
Old 06-14-16, 01:40 PM
Supraman16
Advanced

Originally Posted by Max16
If you had the choice, would you choose higher spring rates than the 16/10 they come with?
I would not. If fact, when I upgraded the springs to Swifts, I did the same spring rates, 16/10. This is because I felt with those rates the car handled perfectly neutral and I figured the HKS engineer knew what they were doing when they picked these spring rates.
Old 06-29-16, 10:49 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by CircuitMS
There's a few other options dpending on your desired use. Something as simple as BS BR's or even KW's would work as well. The HKS's have proven to be a good daily and track coilover. While this is an old thread we're still doing our best to stay competitive.

Abel
Abel,

Would you guys consider doing a group buy on the HKS coil overs? If so how many would be needed to get a maximum discount?

Thx
Old 06-29-16, 11:16 AM
Zelfiris
Lead Lap

Is the HKS rust proof?
Old 06-29-16, 11:51 AM
Kojak77
Driver

Originally Posted by Zelfiris
Is the HKS rust proof?
It's not a stainless body like KW, so I'd guess no.
Old 06-29-16, 12:06 PM
eternallx
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would not. If fact, when I upgraded the springs to Swifts, I did the same spring rates, 16/10. This is because I felt with those rates the car handled perfectly neutral and I figured the HKS engineer knew what they were doing when they picked these spring rates.
Did you feel a difference between the HKS springs over the Swifts?
Old 06-29-16, 03:13 PM
Supraman16
Advanced

Originally Posted by eternallx
Did you feel a difference between the HKS springs over the Swifts?
Its a bit smoother. Seems to absorb the smaller bumps better.

Quick Reply: Heads Up - ONE-Time Deal on a set of HKS Hipermax IV GT Coilovers - IS-F Specific