IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Traded MYISF for 997 4S

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-15, 12:50 AM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice congrats! It's funny, cuz when I sold my ISF, I was looking very hard at these two cars (Upon the disappointment of the RC-F), except it was the 997.1 TT tip vs. 997.2 C4S.

I have to admit that I didn't enjoy the TT as much as I did the C4S, probably because I wanted an auto and the TT tip was terrible, and the .1 felt very old and outdated. Don't get me wrong the car is a rocket ship, but the driving dynamics were linear and a bit boring to me. Also like you said, the exhaust note and sound in general leaves a lot to be desired.

The C4S on the other hand felt much more lively and fun, and the primary factor was the PDK tranny which is obviously miles ahead of the tip. However, the low-end really lacked torque, which was an issue for me. Regardless, I was THIS close to pulling the trigger on one that had a super raspy tubi exhaust lol.

At the end of the day, I actually felt (surprisingly) that the 981CS was the best car when thrown in the mix. It's a bit of apples and oranges, but with the 991 going a bit more of a GT route, a 997 to 981 comparison is fair. Whereas the 981CS is definitely more refined and not as raw or powerful as the 997, it makes it up with balance, handling, and overall supreme driving experience... not to mention that the PSE sounds amazing with the flat-6. As a driver's car, I felt like it may be the best car I have ever driven.
Old 01-22-15, 04:45 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Nice trade for this sportscar icon!
Old 01-26-15, 11:05 AM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Murph145
Car is looking awesome!

Once you do the exhaust the car will come to life that is for sure! I know when I got my GTR I was shocked at how quiet it was but that is all turbo'd cars in general but once I free'd up the exhaust the car is a beast.

Have fun with the car I think my next car might be a new turbo s love the new lights
I remember you and your car back when I had MYISF...so you went GTR...very nice...dang fast cars. I am planning on doing somehting with the exhaust and looking at a 580hp/566tq tune to go along with it...if I go with the exhaust above I don't think it can be a DD so I am working on changing that...LOL
Old 01-26-15, 11:09 AM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by vbb
Some iteration of the 911 is absolutely the car I want next. It has been my dream car for over 20 years. Of course I'd love a Turbo S, but I think I'd be satisfied with a 4S for sure. I've "shopped" online for one off and on for years, but I just can't justify it to myself or my wife yet. You have such a beautiful car man, congrats!
hey man thanks...I sometimes have to pinch myself when I go in the garage...I don't know what your total experience has been to driving different 911 models but I owned a C4S (see first pag of this thread) and it is an extremely fine car and darn fast but the Turbo models (any of them) are just amazing...definetly drive each before you buy but make sure you have the money to buy the Turbo becuase that is the one you will want...they pull like freight trains with all that torque
Old 01-26-15, 11:14 AM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by primecut
Nice congrats! It's funny, cuz when I sold my ISF, I was looking very hard at these two cars (Upon the disappointment of the RC-F), except it was the 997.1 TT tip vs. 997.2 C4S.

I have to admit that I didn't enjoy the TT as much as I did the C4S, probably because I wanted an auto and the TT tip was terrible, and the .1 felt very old and outdated. Don't get me wrong the car is a rocket ship, but the driving dynamics were linear and a bit boring to me. Also like you said, the exhaust note and sound in general leaves a lot to be desired.

The C4S on the other hand felt much more lively and fun, and the primary factor was the PDK tranny which is obviously miles ahead of the tip. However, the low-end really lacked torque, which was an issue for me. Regardless, I was THIS close to pulling the trigger on one that had a super raspy tubi exhaust lol.

At the end of the day, I actually felt (surprisingly) that the 981CS was the best car when thrown in the mix. It's a bit of apples and oranges, but with the 991 going a bit more of a GT route, a 997 to 981 comparison is fair. Whereas the 981CS is definitely more refined and not as raw or powerful as the 997, it makes it up with balance, handling, and overall supreme driving experience... not to mention that the PSE sounds amazing with the flat-6. As a driver's car, I felt like it may be the best car I have ever driven.
Dude I love 981's but i am 6'4 (all legs) and I do not fit...when I bought my C4S I actually went to look at a Cayman S and just could not get comfortable. They have exntedned them in 2015 and it is still a very tight squeeze for me...Darn I guess I am just a 911 guy...LOL But I would love to drive a 981 as they are supposed to handle like they are on rails...
Old 01-26-15, 03:09 PM
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by daedalus
Join us over at 6speedonline.
you mean the aftermarket wheel thread forum is still around?