IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Cell phone mount recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-16, 04:20 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by mikersoft
I just got this one to replace a similar one that had a broken vent clip. At $14 via Amazon.com, I think it's a great deal if you want a vent mounted phone cradle.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's very similar to my old one, but a little better. It's plenty secure for street use & should be OK for the track too.. If not, I can add a couple small zip-ties like I did for my old one at the last Pocono event. The big difference from my old one is the swivel connector.. I think that's a plus since I can angle phone toward me on the street, then make it perpendicular to the dash at the track to ensure GPS apps like Harry's Lap Timer are as accurate as possible.

-Mike
OK, so this one isn't quite as secure as I thought it would be.. The swivel connector puts the cradle further from the vent than the old one, so the weight of the phone has more of a pendulum effect during hard cornering.. It's perfectly fine most of the time, but I'll have to secure it to the vent with some zip-ties to ensure it stays put at the track. Though, I still think it's a pretty nice phone cradle for $14.

-Mike
Old 07-22-16, 06:10 AM
H1_OFICR
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikersoft
I just got this one to replace a similar one that had a broken vent clip. At $14 via Amazon.com, I think it's a great deal if you want a vent mounted phone cradle.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's very similar to my old one, but a little better. It's plenty secure for street use & should be OK for the track too.. If not, I can add a couple small zip-ties like I did for my old one at the last Pocono event. The big difference from my old one is the swivel connector.. I think that's a plus since I can angle phone toward me on the street, then make it perpendicular to the dash at the track to ensure GPS apps like Harry's Lap Timer are as accurate as possible.

-Mike

Awesome, just ordered one!
Old 07-22-16, 10:05 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,842 Likes on 2,330 Posts

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UXS7958...oding=UTF8&me=

Bought this a couple of weeks back to replace the lighter mount unit. The USB power on it failed, so the phone would not charge. It's mounted on the dash similar to the video, and provides wireless charging natively. I bought a high wattage adapter to plug the power in, and it keeps the phone charging - stable at 100% even when running Google maps. I just need to do something less intrusive with the power wire. I will update with a pic when it is light outside.
Old 10-10-16, 01:08 AM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickna
THANK YOU!!! I have been through about five different versions of phone holder and THIS looks promising. Man, going on one year and a lot of wasted moola. Thank you again.
Old 10-10-16, 07:36 AM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by rxonmymind
THANK YOU!!! I have been through about five different versions of phone holder and THIS looks promising. Man, going on one year and a lot of wasted moola. Thank you again.
You're most welcome!
I ended up getting this mount. I'm very happy with it.
Old 03-21-17, 08:02 AM
cha7Li3
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The people who bought the Kuda Mount, did you guys have to buy extra stuff for it to hold your phone?
Old 03-21-17, 11:20 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

^^^^Yes, the Kuda has a flat face. An additional part is needed to mount the phone. I bought this:

http://www.kudausa.com/universal-pas...-pda-a856.html

Lou
Old 03-21-17, 01:36 PM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Received 260 Likes on 158 Posts

This one works amazingly for me and is only $8. I bought my GF and sister one also. Magnet slides in between the phone/case and no attaching needed. Literally hold the phone up to it and it grabs it tight. Unless you're going offloading or autoxing with lots of very tight turns, it'll hold strong.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PGJWYJ0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails Cell phone mount recommendations-71vqeyxjpcl._sl1500_.jpg  
Old 03-21-17, 01:54 PM
cha7Li3
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^Yes, the Kuda has a flat face. An additional part is needed to mount the phone. I bought this:

http://www.kudausa.com/universal-pas...-pda-a856.html

Lou
Awesome thanks. Did you use the double sided tape as well? Or did you actually screw it in?
Old 03-21-17, 02:04 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

^^^^I screwed mine onto the mount.

Lou
The following users liked this post:
cha7Li3 (03-21-17)
Old 03-21-17, 07:48 PM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusfanVA
This one works amazingly for me and is only $8. I bought my GF and sister one also. Magnet slides in between the phone/case and no attaching needed. Literally hold the phone up to it and it grabs it tight. Unless you're going offloading or autoxing with lots of very tight turns, it'll hold strong.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PGJWYJ0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I have a similar one. Holds very strong.
Old 03-30-17, 07:10 PM
Torii
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I always use magnetic mounts similar to this

Amazon Amazon
Old 04-01-17, 11:40 AM
TRexsLexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cigarette lighter mount works great between shifter and stereo controls. That way zero damage is done to your interior. No blocked vents etc. Can reach screen with hand on the shift ****.
Old 09-19-18, 01:17 PM
scommando1
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any update on the phone mounts? Anything new someone's discovered to work well with our cars?

I'm looking for a minimalistic look that would work well for Uber/Lyft and for personal use...

I know that ProClip has the minimalist idea going for it, but the automatic transmission mount is just way out there on the opposite side. Anyone tried the manual transmission model for an automatic? If the only thing it blocks is the lettering for "P, N, S", then that isn't really a problem for me.
https://www.proclipusa.com/product/8...-console-mount

Any tips? Any mounts you've discovered that work well with our cars?
Old 09-19-18, 02:22 PM
ISF5L
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Sorry not the best pic but ive gone through several from mounts that fit in from the CD slot (not bad but through vibration works itself loose over time and blocks a bit of my screen). Also used the traditional air con vents but as ours are so high, i hated it having to extend the arm that high up to use it and again it blocks the screen so im now using this.

Can be mounted via air con vent but has a base to fit on the centre console near the gear selector (rock solid, not going anywhere). Its just in the right positon so i can open the small spring loaded cup holder section but can move into R and other gears no issue. If i want to drive manual, i use the paddles anyway so no big deal. Its also a wireless magnetic charger so atleast its charging everytime i get in the car and i use my Vline to power it via USB. Also can swivel etc so i can basically have it angled facing me, close to use etc. I have a note 8 so its not a small phone but still works no issue and the phone has never come loose, fallen etc whilst driving

Been using it for a month or so and its my preferred phone mount to date

Quick Reply: Cell phone mount recommendations