Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

No flickering
Old 07-23-14, 04:57 PM
jackhui
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickna
I have the Retrofit Source and there is no flicker or any resistors or relays needed. They are truly PNP.
sweet thanks. can't wait for mine to come in

too bad they don't offer different colors. would be cool to have a 3000k so we don't need the laminx
Old 07-23-14, 05:02 PM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by jackhui
sweet thanks. can't wait for mine to come in

too bad they don't offer different colors. would be cool to have a 3000k so we don't need the laminx
Laminx does protect the lens. I've used it on 4 cars.
Old 07-24-14, 06:09 AM
jackhui
Rookie

Originally Posted by Rickna
Laminx does protect the lens. I've used it on 4 cars.
I guess it's fine with the LEDs as they don't produce as much heat. But i have seen them make a burn marks on the hottest spot on the lens.

I like the 3000k color but prefer the clear lens.

arg, where's my lights ??? can't wait lol . stupid Canadian custom's taking a long time to clear it...
Old 07-24-14, 07:19 AM
Sean
Lead Lap

I have yellow laminx on mine and when I swapped the bulbs to jet yellow putcos burn marks happened. I figure it'll be a lot of trouble to get that stuff off so I'm thinking about these lights now, but also wish there color options aside from just laminx.
Old 07-31-14, 06:14 AM
pigwet
Driver School Candidate

Looks like they are fairly color matched compared to LEDs available.
Old 07-31-14, 06:18 AM
pigwet
Driver School Candidate

This is the blue hue of LEDs from CARiD. Still much better than the yellow original in my opinion.

Old 02-29-16, 04:33 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Sorry to bring this back, but i just picked up an f and trying to decide between the oem led fogs and the morimotos.. whats the consensus?
Old 02-29-16, 05:44 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GS4_CS
Sorry to bring this back, but i just picked up an f and trying to decide between the oem led fogs and the morimotos.. whats the consensus?
Morimoto is brighter and more glares. Fitment isn't as good as oem. At only 1/2 the cost of OEM. It is all up to you
Old 12-07-16, 05:50 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Threw a pair of these in last night. Still need to adjust them. But noticed that if you slide the inner tabs into the existing slots, there's a slight gap to the fog light plastic cover. Now I can't find the thread, but remembered someone saying you can place the tabs in front of the slots which flushes up the glass. However, I am wondering if this will make adjusting them upward more difficult. I ran out of time last night to mess with them, but will be doing a clear lens swap this weekend so will have everything apart anyway.

Just curious if anyone went the route that I did, and if they had any issues adjusting them upward. Right now they are basically pointed at the floor haha. Color looks sweet though they are useless at the moment.
Old 12-07-16, 06:42 PM
sedition
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FFM
Threw a pair of these in last night. Still need to adjust them. But noticed that if you slide the inner tabs into the existing slots, there's a slight gap to the fog light plastic cover. Now I can't find the thread, but remembered someone saying you can place the tabs in front of the slots which flushes up the glass. However, I am wondering if this will make adjusting them upward more difficult. I ran out of time last night to mess with them, but will be doing a clear lens swap this weekend so will have everything apart anyway.

Just curious if anyone went the route that I did, and if they had any issues adjusting them upward. Right now they are basically pointed at the floor haha. Color looks sweet though they are useless at the moment.
I installed the Morimotos with the tab in front of the stock slot and had to trim some of the tabs to ensure a tight fit. The adjustment is limited to up and down of course, but I was able to get them straight and pointing forward.
1st pic is difference between stock and the Morimoto LED.
2nd is closeup of fitment.
3rd is post-install.
4th is headlights only beam pattern.
5th is with fogs on. This was before I adjusted the passenger side up a little bit and now they are even.
Attached Thumbnails Cheaper LED fog lights replacement! Good for budget-img_1694.jpg   Cheaper LED fog lights replacement! Good for budget-img_1699.jpg   Cheaper LED fog lights replacement! Good for budget-img_1701.jpg   Cheaper LED fog lights replacement! Good for budget-img_1706.jpg   Cheaper LED fog lights replacement! Good for budget-img_1707.jpg  

Old 12-07-16, 07:33 PM
FFM
Racer

Sweet, good to know. I'll give the adjusting a shot and go from there.
Old 12-08-16, 04:02 AM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
Sweet, good to know. I'll give the adjusting a shot and go from there.
Can you take lot of pictures when you are putting in the clear lenses and washers? Along with a parts list?
Old 12-08-16, 05:11 AM
FFM
Racer

Yeah no problem.
Old 02-27-17, 02:52 PM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Bump. I am ordering a set of Morimotos.. Can anyone recommend a replacement bulb for the highbeams/DRL? I'm looking for more output and color matching would be a bonus. The same site offers the OSRAM 9500 but i can't find any references to the color temp.

Quick Reply: Cheaper LED fog lights replacement! Good for budget