IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

high in-cabin temperature

Old 06-25-14, 11:45 PM
jlam86
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Default high in-cabin temperature

Hello fellow F owners!

I was wondering if anyone else experiences an extremely warm interior when the hvac system is off. The car seems to retain a lot of heat inside the cabin. I can even have the car parked overnight inside a cool garage and hop into the car the following morning and it will still be mildly warm. Great for the winters but hell in the summer.

When I drive and the hvac system is OFF, the cabin turns into a sauna. I have tried using both circulating modes and it makes no difference. warm air comes through the vents even when the fan is off.

When I had the F in for servicing last week, I mentioned it to the technician and he said he thinks the heat is coming from the motor and it doesn't seem out of the ordinary.
Old 06-26-14, 12:54 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

V+Between the AZ heat, the huge motor in the F, and our Sienna the bed room above out garages gets really hot. I can imagine it will go right through a fire wall and transmit the heat into the small cabin ( easy to heat up)
Old 06-26-14, 06:15 AM
jlam86
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Fair enough.

I live in Canada and the temperature is no where near Arizona heat. Hahaha!

Anyone else have this experience?
Old 06-26-14, 11:32 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I do know that the batteries in my LS and the ISf will die faster because the temps under the hood will be higher and I have been told it dries out the battery faster. Again, if it can do that, it can warm up the car too
Old 12-12-16, 11:11 AM
Anatoliy
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jlam86
Hello fellow F owners!

I was wondering if anyone else experiences an extremely warm interior when the hvac system is off. The car seems to retain a lot of heat inside the cabin. I can even have the car parked overnight inside a cool garage and hop into the car the following morning and it will still be mildly warm. Great for the winters but hell in the summer.

When I drive and the hvac system is OFF, the cabin turns into a sauna. I have tried using both circulating modes and it makes no difference. warm air comes through the vents even when the fan is off.

When I had the F in for servicing last week, I mentioned it to the technician and he said he thinks the heat is coming from the motor and it doesn't seem out of the ordinary.
I have the same problem, any solutions?
Old 12-12-16, 11:16 AM
nks979
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Anatoliy
I have the same problem, any solutions?
I think this is normal, my car does the same. I always drive with he windows down so i don't notice it much but I do occasionally notice heat blowing out of the vents or down in the footwell. If you turn your AC to cold it stops it of course.
Old 12-12-16, 11:19 AM
Anatoliy
Driver

Originally Posted by nks979
I think this is normal, my car does the same. I always drive with he windows down so i don't notice it much but I do occasionally notice heat blowing out of the vents or down in the footwell. If you turn your AC to cold it stops it of course.
I was driving a lot yesterday and on way back home it was like seating in sauna
Old 12-12-16, 11:21 AM
nks979
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Anatoliy
I was driving a lot yesterday and on way back home it was like seating in sauna
Yeah, I would trade my seat heaters for seat cooling in a heartbeat.
Old 12-12-16, 11:41 AM
rbatshon
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you try to close the dash vents

Last edited by rbatshon; 12-12-16 at 11:50 AM.
Old 12-12-16, 11:59 AM
Anatoliy
Driver

Originally Posted by rbatshon
Did you try to close the dash vents
I don't think the heat comes from the vents, i think it comes from the bottom of the console and/or transmission.
Old 12-12-16, 03:13 PM
ISFMichael
Rookie

Yes I have noticed my F to be like this as well.
Old 12-12-16, 03:38 PM
Anatoliy
Driver

Originally Posted by ISFMichael
Yes I have noticed my F to be like this as well.
Maybe we should make a claim for the Recall
Old 12-13-16, 10:44 AM
Onionboyz
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh man and i thought it was just me too... Most of the time my cabin also has a pretty warm temperature, meaning i have to crack the window open even on the highway if I do not want to use the AC. Honestly i think it's just how Toyota makes their cars. My 1993 supra, corolla, and friend's camry all have higher cabin temperature than most cars.
Old 12-13-16, 05:56 PM
Anatoliy
Driver

Originally Posted by Onionboyz
Oh man and i thought it was just me too... Most of the time my cabin also has a pretty warm temperature, meaning i have to crack the window open even on the highway if I do not want to use the AC. Honestly i think it's just how Toyota makes their cars. My 1993 supra, corolla, and friend's camry all have higher cabin temperature than most cars.
I also don't want to use AC in the winter even in California. Don't think all of the Toyotas have the same problem, I own 08' IS350 for some time and did not have the heating problem with it, but I used to own LS400 and yea it was getting warm in the cabin as well but not to the extend the IS-F does.
Old 12-14-16, 01:53 PM
s4chico
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jlam86
Hello fellow F owners!

Have you tried turning the temperature down all the way? Lets say you had the temp set at 80 the night before and then turned the system off. If your vent is open, you will get 80 degree air blowing through the vents even if the system is off. I always turn my temp all the way down when I pull in my driveway.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: high in-cabin temperature