IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

My 2009 ISF came extremely lowered

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-14, 08:53 AM
MikesISF
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default My 2009 ISF came extremely lowered

I recently purchased a 2009 ISF which was modified by the previous owner, he dropped the vehicle so low that the rear tire was practically touching the wheel well and was scraping like crazy. I took it to a shop to have the wheel well rolled which helped a bit but it still scrapes on bigger road dips, especially at higher speeds.

My question is, what would be a good set of springs to keep the vehicle somewhat lowered, but still allow enough clearance for regular city driving? Should I get a set of 32 way adjustable springs, I found on Ebay, or a set of standard lowering springs (I found a set from Tein which lowers the front 1" and the rear .6"). I just don't want the drop to be too modest so that I will feel a major difference from the way it drives now.

Last edited by MikesISF; 05-18-14 at 08:59 AM.
Old 05-18-14, 08:56 AM
Cronic
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your picture isn't working but does the car have wider aftermarket wheels, and wider tires as well?
Old 05-18-14, 09:00 AM
MikesISF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Cronic
Your picture isn't working but does the car have wider aftermarket wheels, and wider tires as well?
The rims are 19". And it looks like the rear wheels are wider than the front wheels. Sorry I don't know more about it. Hopefully the picture helps.
Old 05-18-14, 09:04 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

what is the car lowered on is what you need to find out. if its lowered on coilovers you can just raise them up but if its springs then just get stock springs as the car is low enough stock for daily driving.
Old 05-18-14, 09:20 AM
MikesISF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Evil Teo
what is the car lowered on is what you need to find out. if its lowered on coilovers you can just raise them up but if its springs then just get stock springs as the car is low enough stock for daily driving.
The springs that the guy used are not adjustable, my shop already looked at it. I would need to buy a new set of springs.

I didn't want to go back to completely stock as I mentioned in the post. Do you think a 1" drop at the front and .6" drop in the rear would allow clearance around the city?
Old 05-18-14, 09:40 AM
jdm_altzza
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

is that a wrap?
Old 05-18-14, 09:45 AM
LOLM3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jdm_altzza
is that a wrap?
It looks like plastidip with the glossifier

Originally Posted by MikesISF
The springs that the guy used are not adjustable, my shop already looked at it. I would need to buy a new set of springs.

I didn't want to go back to completely stock as I mentioned in the post. Do you think a 1" drop at the front and .6" drop in the rear would allow clearance around the city?
If you can swing it get a set of coilovers. The drop from the springs you are looking at should be fine, take a look at this thread these springs will give you an idea of the drop height.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...nd-lights.html
Old 05-18-14, 10:16 AM
Cronic
Pole Position

I bet the rear still rubs with .6 in the rear. Get some bc coilovers.
Old 05-18-14, 10:33 AM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

What width and offset are your wheels? What size tires do you have? Where is it rubbing.....on the tabs, the fender lip, the backside of the liner? Are you peeling the sidewalls of the tire at all?
The car doesn't look extremely low. Do you have any idea what springs they are or what color they are? There are only so many spring available for the ISF so it shouldn't be hard to figure out.
Old 05-18-14, 12:14 PM
MikesISF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RCB
What width and offset are your wheels? What size tires do you have? Where is it rubbing.....on the tabs, the fender lip, the backside of the liner? Are you peeling the sidewalls of the tire at all?
The car doesn't look extremely low. Do you have any idea what springs they are or what color they are? There are only so many spring available for the ISF so it shouldn't be hard to figure out.
The springs were metal color. The top of the rear tire is scraping against something when I hit a deep dip in the road but I couldn't say exactly where.
Old 05-18-14, 12:15 PM
MikesISF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jdm_altzza
is that a wrap?
Nope its actually paint.
Old 05-18-14, 12:21 PM
MikesISF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LOLM3
It looks like plastidip with the glossifier

If you can swing it get a set of coilovers. The drop from the springs you are looking at should be fine, take a look at this thread these springs will give you an idea of the drop height.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...nd-lights.html
There seems to be several Ksport brand sets of coilovers on Ebay, would you suggest these? Or is there another brand/source that you would recommend to buy these?
Old 05-18-14, 12:41 PM
Cronic
Pole Position

Here...
http://shopfigs.com/v1/index.php?rou...&product_id=61
Old 05-18-14, 12:44 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Your tire and wheel specs are relevant to this so without that info it's hard to say what you need and why you need it.
If you get that information off the back of the rim and the front of the tire it would be much easier to get the help you want.
If you are ready to buy some suspension parts I would suggest that you talk to Figs Engineering since that will be the best resource for technical information and ordering parts.
I would suggest BC Racing coil overs rather then Ksport.
Old 05-18-14, 04:57 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

thats really not even low

Quick Reply: My 2009 ISF came extremely lowered