IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Convince me to sell my 335 for an IS-F :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-14, 10:21 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by hardeepgil
Used to have a E46 M3 and thought i still think its one of the best looking cars ever made, It was just too unreliable and way too expensive to maintain. I just bought the ISF yesterday with one main reason being reliability. I plan to drive this car for a few hundred miles.
few hundred miles? thats it? not that much
Old 06-23-14, 10:10 AM
tgui
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Used to have a E46 M3 and thought i still think its one of the best looking cars ever made, It was just too unreliable and way too expensive to maintain. I just bought the ISF yesterday with one main reason being reliability. I plan to drive this car for a few hundred miles.
The E46 M3 is stunning!!!
Old 06-23-14, 10:51 AM
vintage
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well here's my two cents worth........I have always like BMW and have owned a few, however my gf has had a few too and they were problematic. I think Lexus makes a more beautiful interior overall and I am currently on my second F! I have never bought the same car twice until now. I purchased a Cadillac V in between them and I really liked all of them. I still have my 09 white F with less than 40k on the odometer. I like to mod them and I sold the black one pretty well decked out except headers. They are fast.....reliable....and hold their value very well!! Maintenance? Tires, oil, filters, brake pads and rotors....for the most part. You can take the look in so many directions with them and the tranny is the best I have ever used. It is meant to downshift when slowing down or paddle it like crazy. The V had a strong tranny but it was clunky compared to the F. Ours is like formula one action. And here is one more thing I will add........they just cracked the ECU code for the F!!!! Never been done or available. Search the forum here and see. There is an incredible additional 50 hp. tuned and dialed in from the engine....tranny....removes the speed limiter at 170 mph and the dealer can't tell. Add some headers and you will be the talk of your neighbors every morning over coffee
Now hug that beeemer in the privacy of your garage and let her go with confidence. The F won't let you down.....in any way!!
Old 06-23-14, 01:22 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by vintage
Well here's my two cents worth........I have always like BMW and have owned a few, however my gf has had a few too and they were problematic. I think Lexus makes a more beautiful interior overall and I am currently on my second F! I have never bought the same car twice until now. I purchased a Cadillac V in between them and I really liked all of them. I still have my 09 white F with less than 40k on the odometer. I like to mod them and I sold the black one pretty well decked out except headers. They are fast.....reliable....and hold their value very well!! Maintenance? Tires, oil, filters, brake pads and rotors....for the most part. You can take the look in so many directions with them and the tranny is the best I have ever used. It is meant to downshift when slowing down or paddle it like crazy. The V had a strong tranny but it was clunky compared to the F. Ours is like formula one action. And here is one more thing I will add........they just cracked the ECU code for the F!!!! Never been done or available. Search the forum here and see. There is an incredible additional 50 hp. tuned and dialed in from the engine....tranny....removes the speed limiter at 170 mph and the dealer can't tell. Add some headers and you will be the talk of your neighbors every morning over coffee
Now hug that beeemer in the privacy of your garage and let her go with confidence. The F won't let you down.....in any way!!

well said
Old 06-23-14, 06:59 PM
robher
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by vintage

Do you have a link to that thread? I'm searching but no dice so far.
Old 06-23-14, 10:30 PM
hardeepgil
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
few hundred miles? thats it? not that much
hahaha. Need to add a lot more zeroes to that. I plan to keep this baby for a very longggggg time.

Originally Posted by tgui
The E46 M3 is stunning!!!
Its one of the sexiest cars ever made in my opinion. I just wish i didnt have to worry about having to sell a kidney to maintain it. It was just too unreliable for me.
Old 06-24-14, 06:24 AM
tgui
Pole Position

hahaha. Need to add a lot more zeroes to that. I plan to keep this baby for a very longggggg time.

Its one of the sexiest cars ever made in my opinion. I just wish i didnt have to worry about having to sell a kidney to maintain it. It was just too unreliable for me.
That was my thought process. I have zero time to deal with repairs. I need to trust I can hop in my car and make it to work, clients and whatnot without worry.
Old 06-24-14, 10:37 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by tgui
That was my thought process. I have zero time to deal with repairs. I need to trust I can hop in my car and make it to work, clients and whatnot without worry.
I cant stand going to the dealership and when I have a problem with my car it really stresses me out. The OCD cant deal. That's why I always buy Lexus
Old 06-25-14, 03:11 AM
bdkim88
Rookie

Default You won't regret to choosing F

There are no major or critical issues as far as I know..
The reliability is quite nice ( very nice ) considering F's performance
But you need to think about the F's charateristic.
F is not always insain crazy car..
Usually rather comfort..silent like Is250 when you put on the gas just little
Not always sounds like beast ( this could be an advantage for someone like me )
( but if you do put on the gas deeper, you could call Jesus.. The sound changes completely different )
Anyway if you have in mind 11+ ,
you can get the lexus's warrenty service I guess
you can see the beautiful cluster ( looks like bike cluster )
you can have LED daylight headlight
you can notice that the improvement of lower
you can watch the beautiful wheels

Last edited by bdkim88; 06-25-14 at 03:15 AM. Reason: adding some contents
Old 06-25-14, 05:07 AM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

I have an older BMW as my DD. The first 50k mi were mostly trouble free. However, since then I have put quite a bit of $$ in besides the "known issues" that BMW refuses to acknowledge. This is why you see most BMW's being sold after 50k mi. Would I buy another one? NO.
Old 06-25-14, 11:45 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

this is why they lose value so damn fast. NOBODY WANTS A USED ONE !!!! Everyone wants a used Lexus. Used bimmers are for the brave and the people who like to work on their own cars and who dont mind being very close with their service advisor.

BMWs cant be the ultimate driving machine if they are in the shop all the time. TRUTH !!
Old 06-25-14, 02:02 PM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

I didn't want to BMW bash, especially since I one one. I will say that after all, it is 13 yrs old with 117k mi (many winters). It's a 330xi 4WD and it does very well in the rain/snow. It also has a high survivability rate, a strong concern of mine.
Old 06-26-14, 11:42 PM
BluISF
Rookie

Originally Posted by robher
Do you have a link to that thread? I'm searching but no dice so far.
All I see is freshly locked threads.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-ecu-tune.html