Ok guys, we may have an issue here. The weather thus far does not look like it's going to cooperate. Now, we all know the weather changes almost hourly, but it's looking like rain and thunderstorms in Richmond on Saturday, which will probably close the track if not make conditions less than ideal. I know people are looking forward to this meet up, but we probably need to consider a rain date. Personally, as much as I like these meets, I would prefer to reschedule. Thoughts?
For me it shows it is only a 30% chance. When would a reschedule be?
2008 Lexus IS-F MRM - Joe-Z Intake, Tom's Filter, Joe-Z PTS Exhaust (Random Tech cats welded in), Sikky Headers, iJDMTOY Rear Reflectors, Full Xenon White LED Conversion (inside and out), Plasti Dipped Grill/Logos, Smoked Taillights
2012 GMC Acadia Denali
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
2009 Mazda 6 - SOLD
It showed a 40% chance for me when I looked this morning, and I swear 40% always seems like 100% when it comes down to it. Predicting rain in the summer is almost impossible. The issue with the track is that while we could reschedule almost any Friday (because that's when they normally run their test and tunes) the Saturdays are usually booked for events or closed. We'd be in the fall before we'd have a chance to go back there again if we wanted to do a Saturday, and I know Friday's are difficult for people with work and everything.
So why don't I do this... because it isn't like we've reserved a space or pre-paid for anything, I'll just leave the plans up as-is, and for those that want to chance it feel free and for those that don't we can try something again another time. It may even be a game time decision for some people... we can check the radar and forecast on Saturday morning and then decide. It's only about a 2hr drive from Virginia Beach and Northern VA, so you could decide as late as 9:30 or so what you're going to do.
I completely understand that! If people are reading this thread hopefully they will respond as to whether or not they plan on going or if they're going to bag it and look to reschedule for another time. I'll be upfront that my preference would be to reschedule, but just because I helped to put this together that doesn't mean I'm the final say on whether or not the event happens.