IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Rohana RC10 20 inch on ISF

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-14, 05:38 PM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2ndGF
I was looking into getting those same wheels for awhile, but when I remembered why I bought my F in the first place (performance) I stayed away from a 20" wheel. I went with a wheel that would still compliment the performance of the car and at the same time looks good (IMO) and doesn't detract from what Lexus had in mind when they built the car. My suggestion is, if you are still on the fence, to keep looking and not settle for a bigger heavier wheel only because it looks good. Wait till you find the whole package of looks, performance, and and suitable price range for you. Just my 2 pennies.
Dude, great reply...I think I was trying to convince myself on the RC10 but I really (like you) want to retain the performance aspects of the car...heck why did I do Sikky headers and Joe Z Exhaust/intake just to give some of that horsepower back because of heavy wheels...right? Here is another wheel I had been considering (suggested by Gymkata)...Wedssport SA60M...they are 19in (pic is an 18in version) and lighter than stock...I just worry about rubbing due to +38 offsets on both front and back???

Rohana RC10 20 inch on ISF-sa60m_2.jpg
Old 03-18-14, 05:41 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by MYISF
Price on the Rohana RC10 is $1,600 shipped or there abouts.

I checked these BC Forged Wheels out and saw a few wheels I liked as much as the Rohana RC10...however, I could not find any pricing, offset or weight information??? They appear to be fully customized...so I assume I need to call and find out? Like I said I liked quite a few of them but liked these two the best (on the second one, I would have them do it entirely in Black)

Attachment 319853 Attachment 319854
Contact FIGS here on CL for more info. He was the one who was working on group buys for BC Forged wheels a while back. It will definitely be less expensive than $1600 per wheel. Yes, each BC forged wheel is made custom. They list the available wheel widths, and you can have any offset that works within the buildable range of the specific wheel style.
Old 03-18-14, 05:54 PM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Gymkata
Contact FIGS here on CL for more info. He was the one who was working on group buys for BC Forged wheels a while back. It will definitely be less expensive than $1600 per wheel. Yes, each BC forged wheel is made custom. They list the available wheel widths, and you can have any offset that works within the buildable range of the specific wheel style.
Thanks...and the RC10 are $1,600 shipped for all 4 wheels (20x9 and 20x10).
Old 03-18-14, 05:58 PM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
If you like them get them man.
Thanks man and I have almost pulled the trigger like three times now since the local wheel shop sells these.

But hey I noticed in your signature that u r running the following:

Rohana RC10 20 inch on ISF-volk_te37.jpg

Can u share some pictures and specs (tires and offset)...thanks.
Old 03-18-14, 06:18 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Thanks...and the RC10 are $1,600 shipped for all 4 wheels (20x9 and 20x10).
Oh...that's probably why I have never heard of them before on the ISF forums...lol.
Old 03-19-14, 03:32 PM
Need4Speed
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Maybe I can provide some assistance

We are doing a ISF on BC Coilovers and BC Forged HB series wheels.

the ISF has potential with the proper fitment and offset wheels.
Old 03-19-14, 05:04 PM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dude, great reply...I think I was trying to convince myself on the RC10 but I really (like you) want to retain the performance aspects of the car...heck why did I do Sikky headers and Joe Z Exhaust/intake just to give some of that horsepower back because of heavy wheels...right? Here is another wheel I had been considering (suggested by Gymkata)...Wedssport SA60M...they are 19in (pic is an 18in version) and lighter than stock...I just worry about rubbing due to +38 offsets on both front and back???

Attachment 319855
That SA60M is sik! LOL, I think we have the same taste in wheels because that was the 2nd wheel I looked at that I loved and ALMOST bought a set!! The only reason I didn't buy those was because one of my friends on here with an F already had them lol, and I didn't want the same wheels as him! But many guys on here have the Weds and love them... I think you're on the right path now!!
Old 03-19-14, 05:32 PM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Need4Speed
Maybe I can provide some assistance

We are doing a ISF on BC Coilovers and BC Forged HB series wheels.

the ISF has potential with the proper fitment and offset wheels.
Very cool...do u have pricing and specs (width's, offsets. and weight) on the TM...I like the TM05

Rohana RC10 20 inch on ISF-tm05jpg.png
Old 03-19-14, 05:41 PM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 2ndGF
That SA60M is sik! LOL, I think we have the same taste in wheels because that was the 2nd wheel I looked at that I loved and ALMOST bought a set!! The only reason I didn't buy those was because one of my friends on here with an F already had them lol, and I didn't want the same wheels as him! But many guys on here have the Weds and love them... I think you're on the right path now!!
Dude this is starting to get weird...LOL I just noticed that u r running the LC818's...I am not lying when I say I was seriously considering these wheels at one time but I read a post where someone was not happy with them...for some reason I forgot about them after that...but they are SICK...especially in this set up 19x8.5 +30 / 19x10 +38 (see below) and they say no rubbing on stock suspension...with what tires 235/265? What is your set up?

Rohana RC10 20 inch on ISF-lc818_2.jpg
Old 03-19-14, 06:21 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think being concerned about 10 or 20 pounds is about as silly as it gets.
If the car isn't a track car then it's even more silly.
Get some wheels you like and don't worry about a small amount of weight.

Now that I got that out............
Old 03-19-14, 08:16 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Yeah, silly like the guy complaining about losing to what he thought was a slower car because he was running heavy 20" wheels.
Old 03-20-14, 04:19 AM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Yeah, silly like the guy complaining about losing to what he thought was a slower car because he was running heavy 20" wheels.

Yeah that's not going to work...
Old 03-20-14, 05:36 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Fellow CL ISF owners, I am reaching out to see what u think of my next possible MOD.
Personally, I think your selection looks nice, but I wouldn't go with heavier wheels. There are enough selections out there where you can find a good balance, IMO. Also, it's not just the wheels which are going to be heavier, but also the tires, which are the furthest of the rotational mass.

I've succeeded in removing close to 65lbs of rotational mass, and the car is much more responsive and fun to drive. Eventually, the weight certainly does add up, especially on a car this heavy to begin with. Considering what people pay and do for power, it only makes sense to pay attention to how you use it.
Old 03-20-14, 08:04 PM
TTechLexus
Lead Lap

Post up picks as soon as you install! Can't wait to see!
Old 03-20-14, 08:21 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

this is a funny tread... NO my wheels are heavier, no yours! ha ha. i had 20s and went back to 19s. heavier, ride worse, crap tire selection...

Quick Reply: Rohana RC10 20 inch on ISF