IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

PPE header & CEL

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-14, 05:33 PM
awkkwrd
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPE header & CEL

Hello, on saturday i took my car out and suddenly after parking the car got a little shaky and eventually the famous cel popped up. I'm assuming this can be a result of my ppe headers and such. The roads were a little wet when i drove it. With that being said, i scanned the codes and basically got:

Random misfire detected —> P300
Misfires on cylinder 2/4/6/8 —> codes p0302/4/6/8
System too rich bank 2 —> p0175
o2 sensor signal stuck rich bank 2 sensor 1 —> p2198

I've driven this car on and off for about two months now after the header install with no problems at all but none of the times were the roads as wet as on saturday. I've searched around but haven't seen anyone with o2 codes in conjunction with misfires (unless i just suck at searching lol)

I'll be bringing it to a shop soon which a friend of mine will look at but I want to figure out some stuff to let him know to look at. I know it can be wiring touching the header maybe or the o2 sensor crapped out but i'm pretty sure water has something to do with this. Can anyone chime in with what may be the problem? Any help is appreciated.
Old 03-11-14, 06:41 PM
ToothDoc
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After a year and a half, I got a CEL with my PPE headers. I got the P2241 Bank 2 Sensor 1 oxygen sensor.

I suppose my O2 sensor is shot. Just have to figure out which side - right or left. Whether is the one on the header or the midpipe on the Borla.
Old 03-11-14, 06:45 PM
awkkwrd
Rookie

Did you ever get it fixed? My car got the cel and went right into limp mode and ran like crap lol So i gotta get it fixed asap since spring is near. :/
Old 03-11-14, 06:52 PM
ToothDoc
11 Second Club

It just happened today. It works normally but it won't engage first gear, traction control, VDIM, etc. are all disabled. So now I can drift and spin out w/o having to turn off traction control. LOL

I just got the readout from the Lexus dealership but they won't fix it because of legal issues and having no cats. I'm assuming it's the cheap O2 sensor and not the A/F sensor so it's probably on the midpipe. Don't know if I should just replace both or really try to figure out which one it is. So far I haven't been able to find out online yet. Still searching...
Old 03-11-14, 07:29 PM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by awkkwrd
Hello, on saturday i took my car out and suddenly after parking the car got a little shaky and eventually the famous cel popped up. I'm assuming this can be a result of my ppe headers and such. The roads were a little wet when i drove it. With that being said, i scanned the codes and basically got:

I've driven this car on and off for about two months now after the header install with no problems at all but none of the times were the roads as wet as on saturday. I've searched around but haven't seen anyone with o2 codes in conjunction with misfires (unless i just suck at searching lol)

I'll be bringing it to a shop soon which a friend of mine will look at but I want to figure out some stuff to let him know to look at. I know it can be wiring touching the header maybe or the o2 sensor crapped out but i'm pretty sure water has something to do with this. Can anyone chime in with what may be the problem? Any help is appreciated.
We see bad AF (Air Fuel Ratio) sensors on toyotas cause this sort of issue quite often. So in conclusion you are going to first be looking at the wiring on the bank 2 front sensor, and if all appears well I would suspect a bad sensor or a defective o2 simulator if that is what you are running.
Old 03-11-14, 08:03 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Seems like this is getting more common. I have read about this on another forum
Old 03-11-14, 08:11 PM
awkkwrd
Rookie

Originally Posted by ming15237
We see bad AF (Air Fuel Ratio) sensors on toyotas cause this sort of issue quite often. So in conclusion you are going to first be looking at the wiring on the bank 2 front sensor, and if all appears well I would suspect a bad sensor or a defective o2 simulator if that is what you are running.
Ah okay, I'll have him focus on that and hopefully it solves the issue. Thanks.

I8ABMR, if you have the link can you link me to that thread so i can read it?
Old 03-11-14, 08:27 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Just reset your ecu, mine went away. & if you need new o2 sensors , pm me, i have brand new oem ones.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 03-11-14, 08:52 PM
awkkwrd
Rookie

Originally Posted by joshhleee
Just reset your ecu, mine went away. & if you need new o2 sensors , pm me, i have brand new oem ones.
Nope reset ecu didn't work. Haha, thanks but my friend already has sensors for me. You've been trying to get rid of them for some time now hey lol.
Old 03-11-14, 09:10 PM
PPEHeaders
Sponsor

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Sounds like your sensor has gone bad or the wiring extension has burnt on the exhaust. Bank 2 Sensor 1 is the sensor that is in the header on the passenger's side.

The O2 conditioner does not disturb the front O2 sensors so you can rule that out.

I would change out the sensor, reset the ECU and re-check.
Old 03-11-14, 09:12 PM
PPEHeaders
Sponsor

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by ToothDoc
After a year and a half, I got a CEL with my PPE headers. I got the P2241 Bank 2 Sensor 1 oxygen sensor.

I suppose my O2 sensor is shot. Just have to figure out which side - right or left. Whether is the one on the header or the midpipe on the Borla.
Bank 2 is the passenger side, sensor one is the one in the header.
Old 03-11-14, 09:20 PM
ToothDoc
11 Second Club

Oh crap, just ordered the wrong item then. LOL
Old 03-11-14, 11:26 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Nope reset ecu didn't work. Haha, thanks but my friend already has sensors for me. You've been trying to get rid of them for some time now hey lol.
Lol seriously fml.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 03-14-14, 04:53 AM
ToothDoc
11 Second Club

now the cel mysteriously went away on its own.
Old 03-14-14, 06:15 AM
ISFGEORGE
Rookie

Just had the same issue happen.. CEL and traction light were on. Couple days later it just went away.

Quick Reply: PPE header & CEL