IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Just test drove an ISF and I am SOLD !!! Need some help !!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-14, 07:09 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Just test drove an ISF and I am SOLD !!! Need some help !!

I have been a long time Lexus guy and have owned a GS350 and currently have an LS460. I love the LS. The refinement and luxury are unmatched in the Lexus line up but I have longed for better handling and a more communicative driving experience for a while. I saw a low mileage ISF pop up on the radar and went to test drive it today. I WAS BLOWN AWAY !!!! This car is everything I have wanted my last 3 cars to be. I have modified cars in the past to gain the added power and handling, but what a great package when you leave the tuning and engineering to the people at Lexus. The power in this car is awesome . The handling makes the LS seem truly like a boat , and the induction and exhaust noise alone is enough to buy the car for. I am thinking I am going to take my car down in the morning and trade it in.

I know you have probably heard this a million times but what do I need to watch for. Also wanted to ask if you guys think after market warranties are as good as the Lexus extended warranty . Any input would be appreciated.

The only thing that is making me want to wait a couple of days is to find out what the service date is from Lexus. The people at the dealership are giving me the date of the original registration. I am assuming its accurate but since the car was originally registered 46 months ago that would mean I have 2 months left to extend the warranty through Lexus. Is the original date on the car fax an accurate "in service date". i want to come home with the car tomorrow but want to check the in service date. Its going to take an act of serious strength to not take the car home tomorrow . Any suggestions or input would be great.

BTW the car is a 2010 with 21k miles for 42k. Seems like a decent deal and the car looks pretty good minus some minor chips in the front bumper and hood. Gonna need a clear bra.
Old 02-08-14, 07:15 PM
pheonix72
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Go to Lexusdrivers.com and register. Then enter the VIN and you should be able to see the service histories of the car. The In-service date should be the date that it registered to the first owner.
Good luck and Congrats.
Old 02-08-14, 07:40 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by pheonix72
Go to Lexusdrivers.com and register. Then enter the VIN and you should be able to see the service histories of the car. The In-service date should be the date that it registered to the first owner.
Good luck and Congrats.
Thanks so much. The registration date on the car fax is 4/15/2010. I am assuming I have time to extend the warranty through Lexus . Id rather do that than the third party route .
Old 02-08-14, 08:56 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Hope you get it... GL
Old 02-08-14, 10:56 PM
BluISF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Hope you get it... GL
Ditto.
Old 02-08-14, 11:29 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I haven't heard of any real issues regarding the 2010 IS F. It's still under warranty, which is good, but definitely research for an extended warranty for peace of mind. From what I heard, the go to goy on the forums for extended warranties might not be available anymore, so searching for alternatives and comparing costs might be in the immediate future.

Best of luck, and do post pics of your F when you do get it.
Old 02-09-14, 12:03 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Hope you get it... GL
Originally Posted by BluISF
Ditto.
Originally Posted by bnizzle87
I haven't heard of any real issues regarding the 2010 IS F. It's still under warranty, which is good, but definitely research for an extended warranty for peace of mind. From what I heard, the go to goy on the forums for extended warranties might not be available anymore, so searching for alternatives and comparing costs might be in the immediate future.

Best of luck, and do post pics of your F when you do get it.
Thanks guys!! I will make sure it has an extended warranty but want to see if I can still extend through Lexus. If not I will need to go the third party route. Apparently they are getting more popular. Fingers crossed .
Old 02-09-14, 09:28 AM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Is the car certified? (CPO)

According to Kelley Blue Book, it it's in Excellent condition for that year and mileage it would go for $47,000 (assuming it has Navigation). I'd plug it in, in your zip code.

I would try to squeeze the most out of them as far as warranty, otherwise the price makes it sound it may not be certified.

I would shy away from aftermarket warranties. I had one on my Honda Accord, and when the things started breaking, the warranty company did everything they could to deny my claim. IMO, best to work with the factory warranty.

If the wheels are in pristine condition, the wheel and tire package makes sense to me with this car. (Wheels are painted, sealed and baked and are $2,000 each)

Aside from mechanically having this car inspected, I would check all the body lines and paint. Go over all the maintenance records as well.

If you're happy with everything, pull the trigger.
Old 02-09-14, 03:57 PM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

And can't hurt to make sure every door, trunk and hood has the original sticker w/VIN...takes 30 seconds and if the car has had one of these ever replaced, the sticker won't be thereand you'll know it's had a significant repair.

Now go get it! How can you hold off???
Old 02-09-14, 09:22 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

GOT IT !!!!!!! I am loving this car. My wife lost her mind when she drove it. She launched the car from a stop sign and had it to 85 before the next stop sign. The car is still very quiet when cruising and becomes and ANIMAL when you hit that throttle. It is everything I have wanted my last three cars to be in one way or another.
Old 02-09-14, 09:28 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Congrats! Continue to enjoy the beast!
Old 02-09-14, 10:15 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Congrats..... So you traded in the LS? Lets see some pics up tomorrow...
Old 02-10-14, 12:57 AM
kdm
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pics or didn't happen..! :P
Old 02-10-14, 09:27 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Congrats!!! and welcome the F family !!! Beast mode is on daily lolz
Old 02-10-14, 02:48 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
The car is still very quiet when cruising and becomes and ANIMAL when you hit that throttle.
That sounds familiar.

Congrats and enjoy the ride!

Quick Reply: Just test drove an ISF and I am SOLD !!! Need some help !!