IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Isf power question

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-14, 04:11 PM
yishin
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Isf power question

I have a isf with joe z intake tube with oem filter and pts exhaust n sikky heaher
The car has now about 3000miles its 2014
And here is my question i do drive the car in
Either sports mode and just floor it or
Sports mode with manual shift
But again why am i having lack of power over
Stock m3 with dct which is 2012
Or 370z nismo
Getting smoke by 335i with mods
Or just to get by with new mustang bos ??
What da hell ... I have not dyno the car but am i suppose to be this slow? Or is the car need to be more break in ?
I installed my mod and i drove like 1000mile plus
Or possible some exhaust or something leaks so i loose power what do u guys think ?
Old 02-02-14, 05:53 PM
fstpassat
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Good god, work on the English bud. You should have zero issues with a 370Z and be right there with an M3 DCT with you being bone stock. With mods, you should pull the M3 and outright rape the 370Z. 335's can be very fast, so it depends on what they have done and if they are running an E85 mix or not.

Where in Georgia are you?
Old 02-02-14, 06:26 PM
sleepyray
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't really do much about the English part lol
A lot of IS-F drivers tend to be Vietnamese, Chinese or Korean. As English is our second language...and we have different level on the grammar and spelling... My English is pretty broken as most of y'all can tell lol
Let's try our best to understand and help this fellow F driver out lol.
Old 02-02-14, 06:48 PM
revolut1on
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does it feel slower than before the mods were put in? Did you reset the ECU?

I know for a fact that my 2011 started to pull harder when it hit around the 5000 km mark.

I have smoked a 370Z and pulled head to head with what seemed like a modded E46 M3 and also head to head with a stock E92 DCT M3.
Old 02-02-14, 07:14 PM
yishin
Driver

Originally Posted by sleepyray
A lot of IS-F drivers tend to be Vietnamese, Chinese or Korean. As English is our second language...and we have different level on the grammar and spelling... My English is pretty broken as most of y'all can tell lol
Wow really ... I had no problem with buying my isf or any issue getting things done in usa so far.. Dont be a fuking ***
If u have no clue how to resolve this **** ..
If u wanna make comments on some ppl background plz just GTFO here n do that **** in local meet and see what happen

Last edited by yishin; 02-02-14 at 07:21 PM.
Old 02-02-14, 07:19 PM
yishin
Driver

Originally Posted by revolut1on
Does it feel slower than before the mods were put in? Did you reset the ECU?

I know for a fact that my 2011 started to pull harder when it hit around the 5000 km mark.

I have smoked a 370Z and pulled head to head with what seemed like a modded E46 M3 and also head to head with a stock E92 DCT M3.
Well i cant really say the power difference between b4 n after mods but what i can tell is i lost my low tq power i guess due to the no cat pipe thing ? Some people tell me i get more high end power due to mods but overall i feel i lost power and 5000km and 3000mile pretty much same??
So i think my engine is broke in already ...
U mentioned about reset the ecu? How do u reset the ecu ?
Old 02-02-14, 07:45 PM
yjk1975
Pole Position

Originally Posted by yishin
Wow really ... I had no problem with buying my isf or any issue getting things done in usa so far.. Dont be a fuking ***
If u wanna make comments on some ppl background plz just GTFO here n do that **** in local meet and see what happen
I think he was backing you up. Did you get the starting problem solved? You should look into a throttle controller. I have a Apexi. I have the same mods as you. Different brands, ppe, Borla, etc. Apexi was my favorite mod.
Old 02-02-14, 07:53 PM
revolut1on
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just disconnect the negative terminal on the battery and reconnect after a few minutes, should reset it.

I find if you leave the gearbox in AUTO it will shift earlier and slower. Make sure you switch to manual shifting next time you give the M3 a run.
Old 02-02-14, 08:00 PM
yishin
Driver

Originally Posted by yjk1975
I think he was backing you up. Did you get the starting problem solved? You should look into a throttle controller. I have a Apexi. I have the same mods as you. Different brands, ppe, Borla, etc. Apexi was my favorite mod.
Lexus dealer could not duplicate the issue so nothing fixed but my wife download bunch over 100 music into usb
N plays music on my f but that usb stick is lil messed up cos car dose act w.e with this new usb with bunch download such as not playing or mute the music for this fix i have to reconnect the usb or restart the car cos i am guessing maybe this files in isb has spyware or virus that may act the car immobilizer? On i am not sure
Old 02-02-14, 08:21 PM
sleepyray
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I am sorry that you misunderstood me and took it the wrong way Yishin.

I was NOT trying to make fun of you or being racist at all; I am an Chinese myself who came to the US late and have to learn English as my second language; my English is still not good at all and have hard time from time to time trying to explain myself.

I met alot of members here on the forum and they happened to be Asian. And i took a wild guess from your user ID here as well.

I have NO DOUBT about your ability of getting things done and be successful in the United States. You work hard, you play hard, it's the name of the game. All I did was tell others to try our best to understand your questions and provide advices since we all share same love on the same car.

And no, I would not make any negative comments on people at all, that's just not classy and not a nice thing to do.
But if someone want to start a fight with me in a local meet for no reason. I am pretty confidant that I can defend myself just fine, so don't worry about me

At this point, I don't need to provide you any knowledge on why your car may feels slow since other members already said it all.

Drive safe and have fun.

Last edited by sleepyray; 02-02-14 at 08:42 PM.
Old 02-02-14, 08:54 PM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Lexus dealer could not duplicate the issue so nothing fixed but my wife download bunch over 100 music into usb
N plays music on my f but that usb stick is lil messed up cos car dose act w.e with this new usb with bunch download such as not playing or mute the music for this fix i have to reconnect the usb or restart the car cos i am guessing maybe this files in isb has spyware or virus that may act the car immobilizer? On i am not sure
Whut? Are you saying you think the USB stick has a virus and its affecting your car?

Digger08
Old 02-02-14, 10:43 PM
Boma
Lead Lap

I don't think the USB stick would have anything to do with the performance of your car, virus or no virus although that scene from Independence Day comes to mind.

Seriously speaking though, our cars should not have any problems running against the Z. The M3 and 5.0s and even modded 3 series are more difficult to predict depending on mods and driver ability, though it is in our favor stock for stock.

I may have missed it somewhere in the thread but what kind of tires are you using? Perhaps you may need a set with more grip. Tire pressure and any extra weight in the car can also influence the performance. I would have to agree with the use of a throttle controller which makes a big difference in throttle response. Use the paddle shifters while in sport mode to get the most out of it.

Good luck, hope this helps.
Old 02-03-14, 12:13 AM
IronNam
Pit Crew

Received 83 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by sleepyray
I'm Vietnamese, I tried to translate. Sorry if I couldn't help

Wait, where's my IS-F? :'(

Does the owner have driver mod?
Old 02-03-14, 01:07 AM
Stuno1
Driver

I know you didn't dyno the car before the mods but doing it now will identify any flat spots or issues with the power delivery of the car chap.
Old 02-03-14, 03:03 AM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

the car shifts the fastest and has the most throttle response in sport mode. if you are racing anything you should be in sport.

Quick Reply: Isf power question