IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Transmission Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-13, 09:35 PM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have found 3 on car-part.com for under 2k US Dollars, I would contact one of them and find out shipping prices. Cut your losses where you are at.
Old 12-25-13, 10:38 PM
V8TKY
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ming15237
I have found 3 on car-part.com for under 2k US Dollars, I would contact one of them and find out shipping prices. Cut your losses where you are at.
Yh I seen a couple, but I live in UK, do they ship across?
Old 12-25-13, 10:40 PM
V8TKY
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ISFpat
nope. not even close
I was on the aisin website, it says that this gearbox is in gs460 ls460 and isf 😞
Old 12-26-13, 06:04 AM
tgui
Pole Position

You're in a tough spot, mate! How technically enclined are you? Be a hero and mate a GM 6 speed!
Old 12-26-13, 07:13 AM
UCF3
Rookie

Originally Posted by ISFpat
nope. not even close
Dido, the LS460 has the first generation engine and transmission pair. Not sure if the 2012 switched to the new engine/transmission pair.

Just out of curiosity, does the rear wheels spin at all? Perhaps the bodyshop didn't flush the coolant lines all the way with new fluid. At this point I would also examine sensors, like the ABS, Air-Bags, code stored on the ECM.

I am not surprised Lexus Declined the Transmission swap or warranty. If you or the dealership mentions in the notes, vehicle in collision damage, they generally reject warranty claims. In the US bodyshops are supposed to report collision claims (write-ups as well) to CarFax.
Old 12-26-13, 07:14 AM
UCF3
Rookie

Originally Posted by tgui
You're in a tough spot, mate! How technically enclined are you? Be a hero and mate a GM 6 speed!
LOL. rolling on the ground!!!
Old 12-26-13, 07:48 AM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by UCF3
Dido, the LS460 has the first generation engine and transmission pair. Not sure if the 2012 switched to the new engine/transmission pair.

Just out of curiosity, does the rear wheels spin at all? Perhaps the bodyshop didn't flush the coolant lines all the way with new fluid. At this point I would also examine sensors, like the ABS, Air-Bags, code stored on the ECM.

I am not surprised Lexus Declined the Transmission swap or warranty. If you or the dealership mentions in the notes, vehicle in collision damage, they generally reject warranty claims. In the US bodyshops are supposed to report collision claims (write-ups as well) to CarFax.
Ucf3 please read the entire post. OP Please disregard everything he has stated at this point as the vast majority of it is factually inaccurate!
Old 12-26-13, 07:56 AM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by V8TKY
Yh I seen a couple, but I live in UK, do they ship across?
Not sure, but I think it would warrant a call to them too find out. It is an awful lot easier making a new person than it is bringing a dead one back to life! so in conclusion, you need to either take the transmission to a reputable transmission repair facility, and be willing to pay what ever it takes to repair your old unit properly, OR purchase a used unit and have it installed. There are NO CODES in the abs system or the ECM that are going to cause you too have the issues you are describing. Something is clearly messed up here. P.S. have you removed the lines from the transmission yet and flushed them in both directions yet?
Old 12-26-13, 11:53 AM
V8TKY
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ming15237
Not sure, but I think it would warrant a call to them too find out. It is an awful lot easier making a new person than it is bringing a dead one back to life! so in conclusion, you need to either take the transmission to a reputable transmission repair facility, and be willing to pay what ever it takes to repair your old unit properly, OR purchase a used unit and have it installed. There are NO CODES in the abs system or the ECM that are going to cause you too have the issues you are describing. Something is clearly messed up here. P.S. have you removed the lines from the transmission yet and flushed them in both directions yet?
No I haven't flushed the lines yet, I will be tomorrow and how would you flush the lines?
Old 12-26-13, 11:59 AM
V8TKY
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by UCF3

the wheel did move both directions, but after the winging when you put the car in reverse, it has totally stop moving in reverse. I wouldn't be surprised if my solenoid are blocked or something minor is stopping the transmission to work. I would like some tips and guidance from everyone as I shall be checking everything that you helpful guy have stated. Thanks
Old 12-27-13, 04:34 PM
UCF3
Rookie

No I haven't flushed the lines yet, I will be tomorrow and how would you flush the lines?
I'd make sure it wasn't done before.

The dealer or auto repair shop should have a tool for it. It's an air pump that pushes and pulls coolant through out the line. There are some youtube videos out there, but I don't recommend doing it that way.
Old 01-03-14, 11:55 PM
ming15237
Lead Lap

So what are the results too this point?
Old 01-09-14, 04:14 PM
Dv8tion388
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I however i have engine management light, with psc light. i have plugged the diagnostic machine, it came up with solenoid A, B, D performance or stuck.

Ateek
I've seen that code before and Lexus just does a warranty swap of the transmission, because they don't work on the internals of the transmission in the US. Those solenoids are in the trans.
No sure how complex the ISF transmission is, or if you can refresh a IS-F trans through independent shops, but most trans shops that deal with the latest gen of dct's should be able to fix it. Otherwise expect around 8-12k from Lexus for a replacement. In the US, Jacks Transmission seems to be capable of figuring out any transmission, especially if its not related to a performance upgraded trans.

~Dv8
Old 03-29-14, 05:16 AM
V8TKY
Driver School Candidate

Hi guys i am really sorry for not staying in contact, due to being really busy with university. however my F was sorted about a month ago, it cost me £5000 to get the gearbox sorted, its sweet as a nut. i use the car now and then, when it came to installing the front parking sensors, i couldn't find the plug for the wire harness for the front sensor. so this issue is unfixed at the moment, do take into account i have spoke to several members at the dealers and they don't know ****. although i believe the plug is attached with the headlight plug, but i couldn't find anything (chopped/ripped wires). i guess the guys on here have far more knowledge/experience about this car than i ever will, so if anyone could help me i would be grateful.

(Check PSC) Light :/

Ateek
Old 03-29-14, 06:43 AM
jlam86
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Sad to hear about all your problems but I guess it was a gamble to begin with.

Perhaps you can check out this thread
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=734800

Quick Reply: Transmission Problem