IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

What can i do to my wheels to protect them from getting stolen

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-13, 04:09 AM
FraganciaF
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What can i do to my wheels to protect them from getting stolen

Hey, what's up guys I just purchased a set of new wheels and this is the only isf in the borough with this wheels the cvt from vossen how many lug locks should I put to make sure they don't leave my car in the caliper even tho my car is parked in the garage .. Thanks anyone got any good ideas that I could uses..like putting more locks to the wheels or something
Old 11-06-13, 04:39 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Best idea ever
Old 11-06-13, 05:20 AM
yjk1975
Pole Position

Those locks aren't much protection either. They just hammer a socket on it and it comes right off.
Best protection is to just be careful. I always try to park where I can keep an eye on my car. Garage should be safe enough.
Old 11-06-13, 05:40 AM
FraganciaF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Thank u guys for ur help oh i see cuz they told me to buy this locks "gorillas" something like that they said those were good ones sand hard to come off .. I was thinking in putting like 2 locks on each tires at least so is would be not easy to them to take them off cuz if would take them some time.. I know garage should be fine but what's gonna happen when I go to a club,lounge or any restaurant u know we be in there for hours so they could do whatever in that time
Old 11-06-13, 05:41 AM
J2K
Pole Position

Get an alarm with a tilt sensor.
Old 11-06-13, 05:45 AM
FraganciaF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by yjk1975
Those locks aren't much protection either. They just hammer a socket on it and it comes right off.
Best protection is to just be careful. I always try to park where I can keep an eye on my car. Garage should be safe enough.
Oh I see yea but what when I'm at the club,lounge or any restaurant lol that's when they do whatever in that time .. I was thinking on putting like 2,3 locks on each tire just to make it harder on them I know I would take them quite some time to take them off lol that would give me time to caught them in the action and **** them up lol 💪💪👊
Old 11-06-13, 05:51 AM
FraganciaF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by yjk1975
Yea thanks I know they gonna brake them no matter what but gotta try to make it harder in them I bought this "gorillas" locks they told me those are really good .. But I was thinking on putting at least 2,3 locks on each tire that would make it super harder on them cuz when we go out to clubs,lounges stuff like that that's when things happen
Old 11-06-13, 06:02 AM
FraganciaF
Pole Position

I'm new here lol I don't really know much how to use this jeje
Old 11-06-13, 06:21 AM
SteeveJobs
Driver

The Ray's 2 piece lug nuts seem pretty good. Pricey though.
Old 11-06-13, 06:38 AM
Sean
Lead Lap

Definitely get an alarm as suggested if you're ever parking in places where this would worry you.
Old 11-06-13, 10:18 AM
thekhmer
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

2way alarm with tilt sensor no locking lug will protect u just makes them take a little longer on stealing it
How about a camera? I've been looking into installing a blackvue living in Cali drivers here suck *** and I've had my fair share of rear ends(drivers think I'm at fault when obviously I'm not even insurance thinks same) also had my share of hit n runs in parking lots. This is why we can't have nice things :'(
Old 11-06-13, 10:33 AM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by thekhmer
2way alarm with tilt sensor no locking lug will protect u just makes them take a little longer on stealing it
How about a camera? I've been looking into installing a blackvue living in Cali drivers here suck *** and I've had my fair share of rear ends(drivers think I'm at fault when obviously I'm not even insurance thinks same) also had my share of hit n runs in parking lots. This is why we can't have nice things :'(
2way alarm with tilt sensor is crap... car alarm goes off, people don't even pay attention any more unless its an annoying honking horn alarm. I had the 2 way paging alarm system with the clutch autolock on my integra and thieves still found a way to steal my car while my paging remote didn't pick up anything while I was sleeping.
Old 11-06-13, 10:36 AM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A vendor here is selling rimlox. The guarantee is amazing with free wheel replacement if your wheels are stolen and rimlox are installed correctly. I have never heard of them but apparently they have around for a while.

Here is the link: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...by-rimlox.html
Old 11-06-13, 11:05 AM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
hahahahahaha. I cant stop laughing. I have everybody in my office looking at me weird now.
Old 11-06-13, 11:07 AM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Best piece of mind, make sure your insurance is paid up. Use a reputable insurer.
If someone wants your wheels they will get them.

Quick Reply: What can i do to my wheels to protect them from getting stolen