IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

PLEASE HELP!! Stolen wheels. Linea Corse Dynas powder-coated gray.

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-13, 08:17 PM
seanphan
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn. Good to see these guys will get what's coming to them soon
Old 11-07-13, 11:02 PM
SPoon22
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SUSPECT HAS BEEN IDENTIFIED BY THE DETECTIVES AND IS NOW A FUGITIVE.

First and foremost, I would like to extend my thanks and gratitude to those who took their time out of their busy schedule to help me out. You guys made this possible and I cannot begin to show you guys how grateful I am. Hopefully someday I can return the favor for each and every one of you.

On to the story...

Today, my friend's friend was able to obtain the suspect's phone number. I quickly called the police (non-emergency number) and requested the watch commander as my friend had recommended. Unable to get a hold of the watch commander I explained my situation to the operator and told her the urgency of the situation. The operator told me she would forward the suspect's phone number to the reporting officer who in turn was supposed to give all the information to the detective. I requested the operator to expedite the case since it was not on the detective's desk. The operator agreed to expedite the file and told me that a detective will be in touch shortly. A couple of hours go by and the detective finally calls to inform me that they have contacted the suspect and arranged to meet later in the evening. The detective also tells me to expect another call to identify the wheels after the suspect is detained. So a couple of hours fly by and no calls come. In the meantime, my friend messages me and tells me that the suspect emailed him to follow up on the wheels. I told my friend to hold off on responding until I heard back from the detective. Fifteen minutes later the detective's partner calls me to explain the current situation. The suspect drove around the lot they were supposed to meet suspiciously. Eventually, the police gave chase and in the end the suspect evaded the police. The detective told me the suspect was driving like an “idiot” going 100 MPH through red lights. The police called off the chase due to safety precautions. They were mere inches from apprehending the suspect!!! Anyways, the suspect got away and the detectives proceeded to the suspect’s home. Apparently, the suspect lived with his parents and has a record. I feel absolutely horrible for his parents who have to constantly deal with his crap from what I have heard. The suspect’s parents just paid off the car he was recklessly driving in. They pleaded to the police for them not to impound the vehicle. It is quite sad that the parents are held responsible for their full grown child’s actions. The parents admitted to seeing the wheels in the suspect’s possession. All in all, the parents messaged their son to turn himself in with no seccess. The police also issued an ultimatum for the suspect to turn himself in exchange for a few charges dropped. This concludes tonight’s dramatic turn of events. I been at work since 5 AM and been dealing with this on the side. I am sorry if I do not totally sound coherent, but I had a long day.

Bottom line, WE FOUND THE THIEF!! Thanks again for everyone’s effort and support!!
Old 11-07-13, 11:10 PM
jcoon350
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm so happy that this ***----'s identity was found so quick. Usually, it'll take a couple days and then it'll be a cold case. Also, so happy to see so many people come together to help out a complete stranger. =') There's still a bunch of good people out there in the world!

Last edited by jcoon350; 11-07-13 at 11:13 PM.
Old 11-07-13, 11:14 PM
SPoon22
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jcoon350
i'm so happy that this ***----'s identity was found so quick. Usually, it'll take a couple days and then it'll be a cold case. Also, so happy to see so many people come together to help out a complete stranger. =') there's still a bunch of good people out there in the world!
thank you miss raccoon lover!!
Old 11-07-13, 11:22 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

A great ending to a series of events that shouldn't have needed to happen in the first place. There is no remorse for thievery, especially seeing the aftermath of how the thief dismantled the F and had it on the floor completely. He'll be charged and you have your wheels back, but there are others who haven't been so fortunate to recover their wheels or vehicles from theft. No place is safe is the moral of the story, and it just makes me more paranoid about where I park my car, fearing of whether or not I'll come out to see it stripped or on blocks when I should be enjoying the time with family and friends. Stay safe everyone, and to the OP, mount them bad boys back on and continue enjoying your F!
Old 11-07-13, 11:24 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

damn glad to hear everything is working itself out
Old 11-07-13, 11:35 PM
ThaifightR
Driver School Candidate

wowzers, talk about crazy. haha

Hope the thief gets caught soon.
Glad to hear that his identity was confirmed. That's much more than what other victims of theft could say.
Old 11-07-13, 11:36 PM
SPoon22
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
A great ending to a series of events that shouldn't have needed to happen in the first place. There is no remorse for thievery, especially seeing the aftermath of how the thief dismantled the F and had it on the floor completely. He'll be charged and you have your wheels back, but there are others who haven't been so fortunate to recover their wheels or vehicles from theft. No place is safe is the moral of the story, and it just makes me more paranoid about where I park my car, fearing of whether or not I'll come out to see it stripped or on blocks when I should be enjoying the time with family and friends. Stay safe everyone, and to the OP, mount them bad boys back on and continue enjoying your F!

Will do as soon as I repair the body and the whole bottom of the car.
Old 11-08-13, 12:45 AM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow I'm very glad to hear the good news, He can't run for forever, dirtbag like this will eventually get arrest for something else too. If he is smart, he will turn himself in. There is no running now that the police has all the info they needed regarding him.
Old 11-08-13, 01:06 AM
mIS
Rookie

This is ****in awesome! They'll get him soon enough for the way he defiled your is-f. Good Jon CL crew!

Originally Posted by SPoon22
SUSPECT HAS BEEN IDENTIFIED BY THE DETECTIVES AND IS NOW A FUGITIVE.

First and foremost, I would like to extend my thanks and gratitude to those who took their time out of their busy schedule to help me out. You guys made this possible and I cannot begin to show you guys how grateful I am. Hopefully someday I can return the favor for each and every one of you.

On to the story...

Today, my friend's friend was able to obtain the suspect's phone number. I quickly called the police (non-emergency number) and requested the watch commander as my friend had recommended. Unable to get a hold of the watch commander I explained my situation to the operator and told her the urgency of the situation. The operator told me she would forward the suspect's phone number to the reporting officer who in turn was supposed to give all the information to the detective. I requested the operator to expedite the case since it was not on the detective's desk. The operator agreed to expedite the file and told me that a detective will be in touch shortly. A couple of hours go by and the detective finally calls to inform me that they have contacted the suspect and arranged to meet later in the evening. The detective also tells me to expect another call to identify the wheels after the suspect is detained. So a couple of hours fly by and no calls come. In the meantime, my friend messages me and tells me that the suspect emailed him to follow up on the wheels. I told my friend to hold off on responding until I heard back from the detective. Fifteen minutes later the detective's partner calls me to explain the current situation. The suspect drove around the lot they were supposed to meet suspiciously. Eventually, the police gave chase and in the end the suspect evaded the police. The detective told me the suspect was driving like an “idiot” going 100 MPH through red lights. The police called off the chase due to safety precautions. They were mere inches from apprehending the suspect!!! Anyways, the suspect got away and the detectives proceeded to the suspect’s home. Apparently, the suspect lived with his parents and has a record. I feel absolutely horrible for his parents who have to constantly deal with his crap from what I have heard. The suspect’s parents just paid off the car he was recklessly driving in. They pleaded to the police for them not to impound the vehicle. It is quite sad that the parents are held responsible for their full grown child’s actions. The parents admitted to seeing the wheels in the suspect’s possession. All in all, the parents messaged their son to turn himself in with no seccess. The police also issued an ultimatum for the suspect to turn himself in exchange for a few charges dropped. This concludes tonight’s dramatic turn of events. I been at work since 5 AM and been dealing with this on the side. I am sorry if I do not totally sound coherent, but I had a long day.

Bottom line, WE FOUND THE THIEF!! Thanks again for everyone’s effort and support!!
Old 11-08-13, 02:48 AM
toky916
Pole Position

Well that sucks would love to see him behind in the cop car but they do eventually get him he they can't hide forever it could take some time but at least it good that they identified him. All I have to say stupid idiot people scoop so low now days trying to make easy money while the rest of us work ! When I read post like this I just get me pissed off same way when people park next to you and are careless about the car next to them.

Ps you might what to contact him back he must be in a rush to get those wheels off his hands as long as he thinks your not a cop you should be fine just bring your own back up like a nice taser or bat I would take both just to zap the **** out of him lol .
Old 11-08-13, 03:02 AM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to know you have some resolution to your missing wheels and hopefully you get them back soon. Keep us posted.
Old 11-08-13, 03:19 AM
DaSyce
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Glad you got some closure, hopefully they apprehend the suspect. Hopefully he gets at least some jail time.
Old 11-08-13, 03:55 AM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sucks what happened but Awesome that you got it all figured out! Hopefully this will get this dirtbag off the streets for a while.
Old 11-08-13, 05:03 AM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 187 Likes on 104 Posts

This is great. A+ to CL and locals.
Although this thread was very successful, for future reference maybe we shouldn't publicize these things as much since the thief could have easily checked lexus forums and stayed down low.
Given the circumstances and nature of the situation though, it is unlikely a wheel thief would think 1 inch outside of the box anyway to cover his footprints xD

Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP!! Stolen wheels. Linea Corse Dynas powder-coated gray.