IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

bnizzle87's IS F Through the Years

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-16, 10:18 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

The tail-end of summer hasn't been all too kind to me, resulting in three angels rising up to the heavens. While they're in a much better and more pleasant place, the one thing that I'm constantly reminded is to never take family for granted. That's right...."I don't have friends, I got family." This IS F family, one cultivated with respect, admiration, and assimilation, is essentially my second family. Let's face it, I'm chill with everyone, F owner or otherwise. I've made some many great friends from this forum alone, but it's more than just checking out someone's ride online or liking a picture. It's about going beyond the keyboard, meeting up, conversing, stirring dialogue (both clean and vulgar haha), and enjoying each other's company. Yeah we own the same cars, each individualized to our liking. But what bonds us is that we still choose to hang around one another by choice because we do have a genuine care for one another.

A bit later than we had liked, but the annual IS F BBQ did take place today in not so sunny Dana Point. Rain....yes, rain....did put a slight damper on our day, but the laughter, meeting new members, and great food all added up to be a very fun Sunday afternoon. No one is ever excluded from these gatherings, and to whoever can attend, it always makes for a great turnout. Onto the pics....

Kody ended up taking pics of the food:
-drinks, utensils, and dining essentials (Miqueaseli)
-homemade chips and salsa (frank1015)
-Vietnamese friend rice (ISF4life)
-Vietnamese spring rolls (jspecvtec)
-Pad Thai (bnizzle87)
-homemade tamales (Myveilsidegts)

Nothing stinky about the dishes today. It ended up being a potluck of each member's ethnic upbringing. Cool idea for future BBQs.

While there were no tri tip sandwiches to munch on today, these titanium tips sure got me thinking about a new purchase. Frank mated his Greddy exhaust with the PPE headers, and....IT. IS. SICK!

Manny has his sights on a new caliper color, just as much as the great food provided today. Any suggestions?

While he may have brought homemade tamales, Ricky sure didn't purchase a homemade (replica) front lip. This C-West front gives the front a more aggressive look.

At least 416 ponies in each ride, yet no dry pavement to do any fun pulls. At least we were all safe and sound getting there and back home.

Everyone had a great time. The wives and kids in attendance sure made this a family filled day. Never a dull moment with these guys, and I'm proud to call each one a part of my family. Until next time...
Old 10-23-16, 11:18 PM
scorpionge
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Love those rides!!!!
Old 10-23-16, 11:23 PM
scorpionge
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
On Friday, we were fortunate enough to catch up again with Pete from the UK. Seeing a brother from halfway around the world is never dull and always a welcoming sight. A rare Friday night meet this was, and it actually was a pretty decent turnout.

A brand new look for Fahd's Infrared RC F. What can I say....the Rowen kit, the air ride, the new wheels- the guy plays hard! Good to see you again, bud!

Enough of that underground garage heat. Time to find some fresh air, and hopefully a nice location to shoot more shots of the cars.
OH GOOD GRIEF... That RCF looks amazing...
Old 10-24-16, 12:35 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Yup! Fahd really got some great parts on his RC F. The Rowen parts alone are definitely some of the finest Japanese parts I've seen on any car.
Old 10-24-16, 12:50 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Nice pictures Brian
Old 10-24-16, 01:56 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

Saw the video on fsport society....lol..sux that I missed this gathering...next time bud...
Old 10-24-16, 11:04 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ISF4life
Nice pictures Brian
It's always nice to take a couple shots of each gathering. I'm glad everyone had a great time, especially the wives and kids. Us owners were pretty deep in constant conversations too.

Originally Posted by chris07is
Saw the video on fsport society....lol..sux that I missed this gathering...next time bud...
It's all good brother. There will be more. We gotta make sure you sync your schedule so that you don't keep missing out.
Old 10-24-16, 02:19 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Awesome photos Brian, thanks for always providing us with great shots at all of our events.
Old 10-24-16, 03:48 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Always great seeing you, Don! Next up....some research at a coffee shop. I should be thanking you for pics lol
Old 10-24-16, 09:44 PM
frank1015
Driver

Received 104 Likes on 25 Posts

Great pics Brian! Good seeing everyone again... Especially "Steve" lol...
Old 10-24-16, 09:59 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Somewhere, Ricky is thinking...."Why the hell did I go to this meet?!" haha. But I'm so glad everyone had a pleasant time, especially yours and Manny's wife and kids. It was really a great location with very few cars passing by so the kids had more area to roam.
Old 10-24-16, 11:28 PM
Miqueaseli
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Awesome times with you all this weekend. Nice meeting Don and Nam thanks for holding the area for us . El Steve can't catch a break lol. Hey I was nicknamed guy with 3 kidz by Kody at the meet the brit part 1 meet .
Old 10-25-16, 12:28 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Just be glad those are the nicknames, Manny. It's better than being called "freeloader", "n****"", or anything else Commander Kody spits out. You and Frank both have lovely wives and children. I can see how great fathers and husbands you are.
Old 02-05-17, 03:29 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Happy Lunar New Year to everyone! More somber times than joyful ones to start this year, but things are progressing ever so slowly. I was able to have the FIGS Front LCA Precision Track Grade Rear Mounts installed and have been gaining feedback on the streets before I test them out on the track. And given our unusually rainy weather patterns here, especially on days when the track would've been available, I am really itching to see how much more impact and responsive with the track tires. So far: NVH has slightly increased, though not unbearable, but that was to be expected. The steering response, however, has improved greatly. Even with just street tires, braking is controlled on a much higher degree and acceleration and steering are more precise as well. A few more items are already set to be installed, and not a moment too soon, as finally So Cal can return back to normal with its dry tracks and I can test out these LCAs and the other parts ordered through FIGS.

I wanted to gauge reaction from a friend who knows how my F behaved prior to having these LCAs installed compared to after, so I went to visit my friend bakalag (Eric) down in San Diego. A few tests on the backroads, and he continually asked me what I had done to the car. His response to how the acceleration felt more in control and how steering was instantaneous and precise prompted him to wonder if it was more than just adding these zero deflection mounts.

I wasn't able to take any pictures of the installation itself, but Eric and I did have another opportunity to take some shots. While I maintain that this car can easily handle both street and track duties, I've been thinking of changing things up both exterior and interior wise. It could be the mod bug wanting to bite me again, or it could be a little bit of complacency with this month being the 9th year of owning my IS F. But one thing is for sure- I am never bored with this car, and there is always something more to learn about her as well as pushing my comfort level of driving.

Believe me, they were clean two hours prior. LA to OC traffic, construction, and a detour through some unusual roads really got my wheels dusty.

Some Black Pearl love.

A gloomy day ends with a ray of sunshine.

New friends to make, all the while connecting with old ones....new experiences to enjoy, while never forgetting those that got us here....it should be a great year. While not everyone is partaking in the Lunar festivities, I do wish everyone has a great start to this year. And if anyone is feeling rather generous, this fella can always use a red envelope .
Old 02-07-17, 07:32 AM
mindcrime
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

did you change the front lip?

Quick Reply: bnizzle87's IS F Through the Years