IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

bnizzle87's IS F Through the Years

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-16, 12:29 AM
blackisF08
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

i just read all 20 pages of this amazing build of yours, let me start by saying congratulations on your build. your car looks amazing and very well done, i remembered looking at volk g25 on the F when i was looking to buy mine and yours was definitely the inspiration to get mine. you have really done an amazing job at modding your F. now on to the questions lol

how are the bc with swift spring holding after a few years? what rate did you go with?

how is the sound with the new beat sonic and new head unit installed?

by the way i can't stop drooling over your molded wald trunk
Old 09-03-16, 02:29 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Much appreciated, my friend! We share the same love for black Fs, but I won't be first nor the last to state this....she does require constant maintenance to keep her looking shiny and swirl-free. I still love the Volk Racing G25s. Had a few offers to let them go, but I'm picky when it comes to wheels, so it'd be hard to find a replacement without thinking it through for a very long time. Couple that with either getting a custom set or even having them shipped from Japan- it would take nearly a quarter to one-half a year to have them in my possession. I'm definitely grateful to have members seek my advice and aid when it comes to helping them with their builds, and to have my build as a thought for your own- that's just really special. I know I have a few close friends and OG members here on Club Lexus who I religiously asked about certain mods (including the molded WALD trunk spoiler) or where to turn to for shop help or even just the randomest question, and they've helped me unconditionally. I can only do the same with both new and old F owners and help others out. It can be something as basic as a PM here or face to face at a meet or gathering. Helping others is what I always try to do.

Always happy to answer any questions about the F. So no worries there.

1) BC Racing with Swift Springs were purchased through FIGS and set to 16k (front)/ 12k (rear). I absolutely love this setup! I've driven a friend's IS F on the street with the standard 14k/10k respectively, and the turn in was a bit less responsive due to slightly more body roll. His was a more compliant ride for sure, and I genuinely gave thought to having a slightly less stiff suspension for the sake of passengers, as I transport older family members from time to time. And to be honest, I don't hear any complaints, especially with the elders. The ride is firm yet smooth still, and compliant with road conditions. Get a cute girl in the front seat and purposefully go over roads that are slightly bumpy, and soon she'll realize what the hell you're doing It's not jarring or unbearable, and it certainly doesn't take away from the driving experience by creating unwanted back pain or ailments. I've had this set up for a few years now, and it is a great all around recommendation for street and track application. But it doesn't mean I still don't check out the Penskes or Ohlins from time to time haha.

2) Beat Sonic was more than accommodating in setting up my Pioneer AVIC-8100NEX double din headunit to mate with its Integration Unit (MVX-140L). I do feel the sound has more bass response and the unit has custom sound adjustments to better satisfy my ears. The graphic EQ really make the customizing a breeze. The Bluetooth connectivity, Android Auto (Apple CarPlay when certain people are in my car), and MirrorLink all in one entertainment solution were probably the largest selling points for my getting this particular product. I honestly don't know much about the car audio world, and this was a gateway to learn more and get a sense of where the stock sound and infotainment system lack and which areas can be improved.

The saying holds true..."I am not the smartest , but I surround myself with competent people." -Henry Ford
Old 09-19-16, 12:26 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

So....it's the final weekend of summer. Nothing spectacular since it'll still be friggin' summer weather here in SoCal for a few more weeks. But it was one of the more opportune weekends to chill with some IS F owners. A casual gathering, as always, and some photo ops if possible. Commander Kody wanted to take a cruise, however. But not on one of the more majestic roads that this region has to offer....instead, for food. No one was going to object, and he tends to find some nice spots wherever we roam as a group.

The initial meetup included the following:
-Darron (DJsISF)
-Josh (Meraki Autoworks)
-Kody (ISF4LIFE)
-Manny (Miqueaseli)
-Ricky (Myveilside)
-Sean (smt6)
-myself

Unfortunately, Manny had to take off and tend to his family. But props to him for still coming out for a few hours to hang with the group, or as he calls it....the quiet time away from family. After a light dinner, we decided to hit up some of the local shooting points that DTLA has to offer. Enough talk- time for pics!

There's always something unique and different with each IS F that attends these meets, but together, we're still one pretty close group.

Planes, trains, and automobiles...

Enjoying our urban surroundings.

Some of the guys needed to head out, but the rest of us were just getting started.
Old 09-19-16, 12:48 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Pretty much these next set of shots are more individual showcases. Each one was parked with no direction, and we just wanted to see how the shots came out. Honestly, this spot has some really fun angles and lighting to work with no matter which direction you're shooting from. Up first- smt6.

Sean is still new to the IS F community, but he's already done a fair amount of work to his ride. Updated LED headlamp, Seibon vented hood, and a very unique look of a 3IS F-sport front end with fog light housing are what he has currently. A rear diffuser and perhaps new wheels will be next in line for him.

Myveilside comes up next. Ricky's the only one of our bunch this night with a MY12; everyone else had one of the early years, though it was hard to tell which year was which with all modding and upgrading we've done through the years. Upgraded fog lights and a C-West carbon fiber front apron are on his ride. Next up- suspension.

Old 09-19-16, 01:10 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

ISF4LIFE....need I say anymore? The guy literally has everything that could be produced for the F on his ride. Interior has been upgraded to black alcantara. Exterior sports the WALD International front apron, TOMs rear diffuser and side skirts. He even customized the California state legacy plate. What's next for Kody? New wheels.

And lastly, myself. Honestly, the car isn't perfect. It does have its detractors, but none that will ever change how connected I am with her. What's next for my build? No parts to source, as I do have a few track items waiting to be installed. Just going out and enjoying her, whether it be a nice cruise, attacking the track, or a fun road trip. I recently lost a rather young family member who was into cars himself, and that just reminds me to enjoy what I have right now. Tomorrow is never a guarantee. Yeah, spending all the time and money to make the car accelerate, corner, and handle better is worthwhile (mainly because I do enjoy the researching and dialogue with vendors on this forum) but more importantly, allowing yourself time to enjoy what the car is meant to do, and that is provide a quality driving experience. Who knows....maybe someone will finally spot me in the SoCal spotted threads. I know most of the SGV can hear me already

And, lastly, gotta have the standard group shot to end the night.

Old 09-19-16, 01:29 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Wow , came out great Brian we had pretty damnn good time with the food and the mini meet awesome scenery and F's
Old 09-19-16, 01:33 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Nice! I wish I could've dropped by but I was working this weekend then, got sick.
Old 09-19-16, 01:46 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ISF4life
Wow , came out great Brian we had pretty damnn good time with the food and the mini meet awesome scenery and F's
It won't be long until we get to gather the F family again. Good choice on the light dinner. Zero complains from anyone, despite the hard parking.

Originally Posted by ba2sy
Nice! I wish I could've dropped by but I was working this weekend then, got sick.
You're always invited, Fahd. Do get better first. There will be more meets to come.
Old 09-19-16, 05:35 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Looks great Brian.

Great selection of different F's you have.

So, bit off topic, but I'm going to be back in LA/West Covina in a couple of weeks. My buddy is heading out to something called Oldcella? So he's having to ditch me earlier than originally intended!

Any chance you guys are around on Friday 7th October for a meet? Could grab a bite to eat and a few drinks or something like that?

I'll probably be staying at the Fairmont hotel, so can either cab to any venue or someone could swing past and pick me up if that's ok?

My flight back to the UK isn't till 17:50 on Saturday 8th October, so I could do a breakfast meet that day if it would work better for you guys??

Hoping I might actually get to meet Josh this time round! Lol.

Will also bring a copy of the magazine with my feature in for you guys to see.

Let me know if you can do anything chaps.

Cheers!

Pete
Old 09-19-16, 08:24 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

Dang, sux that I missed this gathering...anyway, maybe next time around.
Old 09-19-16, 09:10 AM
davidcausa
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

damn wish manny woulda text me haha
Old 09-19-16, 09:55 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Looks great Brian.

So, bit off topic, but I'm going to be back in LA/West Covina in a couple of weeks. My buddy is heading out to something called Oldcella? So he's having to ditch me earlier than originally intended!

Any chance you guys are around on Friday 7th October for a meet? Could grab a bite to eat and a few drinks or something like that?

I'll probably be staying at the Fairmont hotel, so can either cab to any venue or someone could swing past and pick me up if that's ok?

My flight back to the UK isn't till 17:50 on Saturday 8th October, so I could do a breakfast meet that day if it would work better for you guys??

Cheers!

Pete
I'll definitely see what works for those two days, Peter.

I'm going to let the guys know now to see when they're available. It was pretty chill last time around, but hopefully temps will be just a tad cooler for this next meet up.
Old 09-19-16, 09:55 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

Nice Brian! Damn, I should of stuck around.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 09-19-16, 09:58 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by chris07is
Dang, sux that I missed this gathering...anyway, maybe next time around.
There will be more, Chris. We still got that track day to plan out.

Originally Posted by davidcausa
damn wish manny woulda text me haha
No worries bud. I'll plan out some more little meets. Finding different areas to cruise around and shoot is always fun.

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Nice Brian! Damn, I should of stuck around.

-Josh
Literally as soon as you and Darron left, it was not even 10 minutes that we searched this spot. Had a few cops drive past us before we left, but Kody and I think they were just patroling the train area.
Old 09-19-16, 10:09 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Looks great Brian.

Cheers!

Pete

we socal F'ers always welcome u :P damn Britts :P lolz we can do dinner, most of us working on Saturday unlike you :P maybe we can have the BBQ set up for that weekend lolz

Quick Reply: bnizzle87's IS F Through the Years