IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

bnizzle87's IS F Through the Years

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-15, 06:28 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by CK21
Ive been looking into ths and will probably go witht the bulb.
Nice, he's had it for awhile now, and having the full kit will really help. No burning or melting of plastic because the bulbs aren't too hot.
Old 11-29-15, 06:44 PM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
The times I've been to this area, law enforcement do patrol and canvas the area regularly. And I've been told that they will begin shutting down the entryway as early as the beginning of December. While I'm not sure whether it's completely legal- and I do have my reservations while actually going down into the riverbed- we did see numerous photoshoots taking place at the same time. There were even car clubs that met all the way down. A few biker gangs and classic cars showed up after we had completed our shoot, but it was just one of those shots that the guys wanted to have, so we went with it.

As for the yellow fogs, Chris (MM IS F) has HID fogs from DDM Tuning. Sam (Obsidian IS F) is running a 50v fog light, but he doesn't remember exactly where he got it from since it was awhile ago. Some would prefer just to do a yellow overlay, but the bulb itself and its dispersion is very appealing.
thans for the reply man, learned some new ****.. I have been watching those urban outlaw vids and Magnus LOVES blasting over the 6th street bridge and under the bridges. If i ever make my way down to LA in the F im going to try to get a few pics down there..

as for yellow fogs.. i found these on Ebay.. looks pretty close to stock to me. Probably also get a yellow bulb to give it an even more yellow hew..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LX570-RX350-...lVLsEY&vxp=mtr
Old 11-29-15, 07:19 PM
SamIsf23
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
That So Cal lifestyle...

Sinister

Chris and Sam doing that JDM yellow fog right.

Stock-ish.

Some headshots to end the night.

I'd just like to thank Chris and Sam for finding time during their busy schedules for this gathering. Cars come and go, but great friends and camaraderie last forever. We're definitely doing this again!

All great pics! It was really nice spending time with you guys. Glad I came and tfti again
Old 11-29-15, 09:33 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tokenblkgy
thans for the reply man, learned some new ****.. I have been watching those urban outlaw vids and Magnus LOVES blasting over the 6th street bridge and under the bridges. If i ever make my way down to LA in the F im going to try to get a few pics down there..

as for yellow fogs.. i found these on Ebay.. looks pretty close to stock to me. Probably also get a yellow bulb to give it an even more yellow hew..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LX570-RX350-...lVLsEY&vxp=mtr
That's funny. I'm presuming you're more NorCal. I was actually planning a trip with my F up north, as the gf has family up there. It's just about getting that timing right and seeing what she wants to do.

It was something special when the outlaw bikers that flooded the area after our shoot gave us all compliments. They were waiting their turn for shots and finding spots to convene.But I'm not gonna lie...don't want to be on their bad side- that's for damn sure!

As for the fog light housing, essentially that is a yellow housing and bulb. If you're looking at a solid halogen bulb, I would consider one of our vendors here, Xenon Depot. They're really excellent with getting you the right parts.
Old 11-29-15, 09:34 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SamIsf23
All great pics! It was really nice spending time with you guys. Glad I came and tfti again
You know it, brother! Glad we could get some time to just relax and chill out. No responsibilities, nothing to worry about, and hanging out with good friends is something we need to make more time for. We'll do this again real soon.
Old 11-30-15, 06:54 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Man grew up in LA and even used to play in the riverbed but don't know where that is . Looking at the bridge it has to be near downtown . Can you give specific directions
Old 11-30-15, 10:39 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Man grew up in LA and even used to play in the riverbed but don't know where that is . Looking at the bridge it has to be near downtown . Can you give specific directions
We used a gastropub as our starting point, Little Bear. The address is 1855 Industrial St, Los Angeles, CA 90021. From there, it's just two blocks west of it until you reach the area of the bridge. But I strongly suggest not using the Lexus on-board navigation. That thing took us around and around to the point where it was less of a headache to just drive around and search for other spots to take pictures. Finding the bridge wasn't hard; it was maneuvering around the other folks present. On any given day, you'll see artists vagrants, and even police congregating around the area. That's when you know you've reached your destination haha.
Old 11-30-15, 04:53 PM
quarius
Pole Position

So sad I wasn't able to make it. I've been soo wanting to do a photoshoot there. Might have to do it on my own
Old 11-30-15, 09:17 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by quarius
So sad I wasn't able to make it. I've been soo wanting to do a photoshoot there. Might have to do it on my own
Hell no, Jeff! We're gonna set one up again real soon, since the bridge will be torn down starting the new year. Don't worry about missing out. Let's make it happen.
Old 12-26-15, 09:25 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Hopefully everyone had a joyous and festive holiday season.

It was really rough scheduling some free time this month for a true So Cal IS F gathering to end the year, but the only viable date for most ended up being the final weekend of the year. I knew it'd be difficult to gather a large group together. But I am thankful for those who were able to make it: quarius, chris07is, and JISF.

It's become a growing tradition (almost) that we cruise along Angeles Crest Highway for the final get together of the year. As always, it is a treat to reconnect with friends and Lexus F enthusiasts. Between Jeff having his LSD installed to Chris' new wheels and Junior finding out which parts he wants next, it's just fun to share thoughts and help out fellow owners whenever possible.

Onto the pics...

L to R: quarius, myself, JISF, chris07is

JISF's Vertinis and chris07is' VSR wheels

quarius' '08-'09 OEM BBS dropped on KWV3 and my Volk Racing G25 Prism Dark Silver dropped on BC Racing with Swift Springs upgrade

Higher up in altitude, we go!
Old 12-26-15, 09:38 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

Awesome day today, but damn it was cold!!!! Then we had CHP, party pooper as always...other than that great time with the IS F'ers...
Old 12-26-15, 09:44 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Cold, frigid, un-SoCal like weather we were all unaccustomed to when we got to the Mt. Wilson Observatory. I even popped my hood and blatantly left my hand on the Joe Z intake, and it still didn't warm me up. And we all know how hot it gets in the engine bay driving a good 30-45 mins at a time.

Hard parked for sure.

Chris is definitely track ready and has been getting his feet wet this past year, and I'm glad to take part at these events with you. I wouldn't have it any other way than to experience a new track with a friend and F owner. Looking forward to another year of tracking with you brother! And what a nice Christmas gift you got yourself. Can't wait to see them installed soon.

Junior is still getting his mods lined up, and what helps is that he has great owners willing to help him and discuss parts and modding with him. It's not just about "using the search function." The new year should bring about a change in his ride, all for the better, of course.

This guy. What can I say....a great friend and fellow owner. He beat to me to the punch when it came to installing the OS Giken LSD, and after seeing it in person on how potent it is, I know it will be even greater in a more controlled environment at the track.

I know 2016 will be full of track events, mini meets, photo ops, and F gatherings. Heading into my eighth year of ownership (man, I feel old), I am still entirely content with this purchase. It's not just a car to me, and those who know me know full well how much the association with friendships mean to me. I'm truly grateful for all the great bonds I've made with IS F owners both new and seasoned. There may be some slight changes appearance wise for this upcoming year.

2015 has pretty much concluded. I just want to wish everyone a safe New Year's 2016. F owners, SoCal Lexus owners, and friends alike- let's make this new year even greater than the one we leave behind. It really doesn't matter if you're stock or modded, bagged or static, near or far....the Lexus ownership experience will bring together great enthusiasm, and thus, some great times to come.
Old 12-26-15, 09:47 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by chris07is
Awesome day today, but damn it was cold!!!! Then we had CHP, party pooper as always...other than that great time with the IS F'ers...
He was doing his job. We should've brought donuts and lured him elsewhere. But I'm glad everyone made it down ACH safely, despite the hiccup. Not even 5-0 can stop us from coming together and having a good time.

And it was super cold! I didn't mind that. I just hated the loose rocks on the road. That really messed up our drive a little bit. Badges of honor, yes, but expensive ones at that.
Old 12-26-15, 11:46 PM
quarius
Pole Position

I did warn about the rocks and to stay back but in the end that one got me just to end my day early. Such a long drive back on the donut. Oh well, new tires for the track coming soon
Old 12-27-15, 01:39 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

Nice comments. 2016 here we come!

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886

Quick Reply: bnizzle87's IS F Through the Years