IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

bnizzle87's IS F Through the Years

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-16, 03:59 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by tronim
My Mark Levinson AMP just died on me. I really don't want to put any more money into having to fix or buy another one- will this setup allow me to bypass that ML junk and/or allow me to just choose another amp?
It would depend on the double din of your choice. With mine, there is a built in amp that is sending 50 watts in 4 channels, so it really boosts the sound in the front speakers. But it isn't a cost effective approach in simply replacing the factory amp. Not everyone will agree that having two screens is best for the car, but it all depends on the user. I have noticed a clearer sound with a more auditory satisfaction in comparison to just the ML system. This was noted at Beat-Sonic as well.
Old 06-16-16, 11:58 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Summer has just started. Good weather, good temps, and still good company to be shared. While I was unable to attend the all Lexus F Meet at Lexus Escondido this past weekend, a few F members still wanted to get together a few days after to just chat and become better acquainted.

There was one IS F owner who drove all the way from Calgary, Alberta (freakin' Canada!) for the meet. That was pretty impressive in my book. NadineISF (Nadine) is pretty new to Club Lexus, but has owner her 2009 Obsidian F for awhile now. Prior to her coming down to the States, we had been corresponding about parts and what's available for her to mod on her F. One looming idea was the RR Racing OBD tune. It just so happens that RR Racing would be in attendance at the F Meet, so why not knock out her first trip to California with a brand new tune for the F. Needless to say, she's yet another very content owner with the increased performance of her F.

And joining us for this little mini gathering were my close friends quarius (Jeff) and Starbox (Liz). Onto the pics....

Obsidian is a hard enough color to keep clean, but Nadine certainly gives her F some much needed TLC while traveling across the border. She definitely hearts her IS F and it really shows.

20" Gold STR Performance wheels vs. 19" Prism Dark Silver Volk Racing G25 wheels

Just your run of the mill 2008 SGM IS F with 2012 headlights, 2014 fog lights, KWV3 coilovers, OS Giken LSD, and a few track days on its resume. One of the most underrated IS Fs there are.

Liz's galaxy wrap with the Spec D taillights have a nice futuristic flow to the car, a 2006 IS250. They go really well together.

A DIYer at heart, Jeff's LED lights in the fender well is a nice unique touch to his car.

Nothing beats a fun time with Lexus owners. Helping one another out when it comes to products, maintenance, and overall care for our cars, as well as getting to know one another beyond what we own is a great way to build friendships. Anyone who knows me knows that I will probably drop whatever I'm doing to help a friend in need or at least get them in the right direction for help if I'm physically unavailable.That's what makes this community so strong- there's no personal gain; just reassurance that there's someone that you can count on. Good friends are hard to find, almost as hard as legit female car enthusiasts.
Old 06-17-16, 12:20 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

The fun part about getting to know new members is that they want to know more about your ride and what mods you have. NadineISF ended up extending her stay in the US a few more days. We had been discussing the benefits of the tune for the IS F, and what better way to break it in than with a canyon run. Nothing too crazy, of course, but when she told me that there are no roads that are anywhere close to exhiliarating where she lives, this was an absolute must. Yes, So Cal has its In N Out, its beaches, its many F meets, but most importantly it has a few nice backroads that really push the car to its limits without losing sanity.

We ended up going to Glendora Mountain Road, as Angeles Crest HIghway was closed off at the time. Her F is equipped with an intake, a custom exhaust with titanium tips, and most recently the OBD tune. She adamantly admitted that it was the most fun she's had since she's owned the car, which definitely is a nice way to end her stay here. Twists, turns, rapid acceleration, and above all else, ZERO cop activity!

She's working on a tire size that keeps her content with the ride quality but also doesn't look so raised in the rear. Her plans include lowering the coilovers and taking the advice of members from the F meet on rolling fenders for added clearance room in the fender wells.

She wanted to outduel me with her custom halos within her headlight housing. It emits a multitude of colors, just like the finish of my Volk Racing G25s.

She definitely has one very loud exhaust set up. It completely decimates the sound of my Joe Z exhaust/PPE header combination. Those titanium tips are a nice touch on any car, especially the IS F.

Always fun to see women interested in cars for what they are, and not just using it for quick fame or attention.

It was an absolute blast getting to know another IS F owner, and a female one at that. I only know a handful of them, all I've met personally, and each one adds a little something more to the F community. Wishing Nadine a safe trip back to Calgary. I really don't know that many people who would make the trek to So Cal from afar, but many did for the F Meet, including her. This just tells me one thing....no excuses for having a meet in other states! Honestly, it makes me think of setting something in a completely different surrounding than we are generally accustomed to in terms of meets and gatherings.
Old 06-17-16, 09:41 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 140 Likes on 72 Posts

^^^ this is what its all about.
Mike
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 06-17-16, 10:22 PM
Miqueaseli
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Colorado then Brian lol lots of Fs and close to other souther states . Let's do this .
Old 06-18-16, 01:25 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by FIGS
^^^ this is what its all about.
Mike
I'm slowly going broke because of you, Mike haha. But you have been such a huge help in getting the right parts to me and making sure my build for a more performance-oriented IS F remains potent and without any issue. I'm certainly looking forward to providing first hand feedback of all the track goodies when everything is finally installed.

Originally Posted by Miqueaseli
Colorado then Brian lol lots of Fs and close to other souther states . Let's do this .
I might need to head up anyway, Manuel. I've been itching to meet Mike and see his operations over at FIGS.

But in terms of a meet, I have a few ideas in mind, hoping it can fit into a good number of F members' schedule and their wanting to partake in a further meet location. You know me, I'll leave it up to the group to decide and we go from there. If there is enough interest, it will happen. I'm just looking forward to seeing a strong group roll together beyond our normal confines of SoCal. Hell, if Canada, Rhode Island, and Pennsylvania make a trip to attend a single IS F meet here, we should be able to host something for other F members in other regions to come out and enjoy as well. Let the planning stage commence...
Old 06-18-16, 08:43 AM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 140 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
I'm slowly going broke because of you, Mike haha. But you have been such a huge help in getting the right parts to me and making sure my build for a more performance-oriented IS F remains potent and without any issue. I'm certainly looking forward to providing first hand feedback of all the track goodies when everything is finally installed.

I might need to head up anyway, Manuel. I've been itching to meet Mike and see his operations over at FIGS.

But in terms of a meet, I have a few ideas in mind, hoping it can fit into a good number of F members' schedule and their wanting to partake in a further meet location. You know me, I'll leave it up to the group to decide and we go from there. If there is enough interest, it will happen. I'm just looking forward to seeing a strong group roll together beyond our normal confines of SoCal. Hell, if Canada, Rhode Island, and Pennsylvania make a trip to attend a single IS F meet here, we should be able to host something for other F members in other regions to come out and enjoy as well. Let the planning stage commence...
Well, If there was a good reason I would say it might be best suited for the PIT Rally on Aug 14th. We will be working with them to improve the venue this year and it would be great to have an all IS-F run group or 2 even.
https://pitrally.com/cchillclimb/
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 06-18-16, 11:53 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

Nice Brian!!

You should convince her to be more active on Club Lexus!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 06-19-16, 11:34 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by FIGS
Well, If there was a good reason I would say it might be best suited for the PIT Rally on Aug 14th. We will be working with them to improve the venue this year and it would be great to have an all IS-F run group or 2 even.
https://pitrally.com/cchillclimb/
This certainly sounds like a blast. August is a pretty relaxed month. It would be awesome to just have another IS F present for an event like this. Time to start planning!

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Nice Brian!!

You should convince her to be more active on Club Lexus!

-Josh
I think there's a Canada section that she'll be more active in. After seeing the many mods we have here, she's convinced on continually modding hers even more. Good and bad, I guess.
Old 06-20-16, 08:26 AM
Sameer89
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Love seeing the passion you have towards the F community! Unfortunately the size of our community isn't as large as it is in SoCal, but it's awesome to see another fellow enthusiast looking out for others; as I feel the same way.
Old 06-20-16, 12:30 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sameer89
Love seeing the passion you have towards the F community! Unfortunately the size of our community isn't as large as it is in SoCal, but it's awesome to see another fellow enthusiast looking out for others; as I feel the same way.
Definitely! It's never about having more parts than anyone else or flaunting anything. There is camaraderie and a genuine care for one another. To give guidance, support, and an unbiased perspective means a lot to any member. And having been an owner for so long, it's great to see that enthusiasm with the new owners who are just getting started. Hosting meets, coordinating track days, and gathering together on random occasions... It's what makes the group fun and engaging.
Old 06-20-16, 06:44 PM
Lakersfan
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful cars man. Nice job
Old 06-20-16, 10:14 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lakersfan
Beautiful cars man. Nice job
Thanks my man! Diggin the screenname! Things are looking up, and it starts with the Draft on Thursday.

As for the cars, I try to gather some local friends for gatherings, shoots, and cruises. Occassionally, there will be some people who take an interest and want to meet up from social media, and it's just always a good feeling when we exchange stories and ownership experiences. This was no different. Of course, the majority of people I'll be fortunate to interact with will most likely be in the greater Southern California area, but it's a treat to meet with others as well.

Being an owner and Lexus enthusiast doesn't just stop when one is offline.
Old 06-29-16, 05:11 PM
bakalag
Intermediate

Received 403 Likes on 118 Posts

Some pics of this car....

Old 06-29-16, 09:56 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Always looking out, Eric! Great shots. I wish we had done more with that last backdrop. There will be more opportunities for sure.

Quick Reply: bnizzle87's IS F Through the Years