IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

bnizzle87's IS F Through the Years

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-15, 10:31 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by quarius
I did warn about the rocks and to stay back but in the end that one got me just to end my day early. Such a long drive back on the donut. Oh well, new tires for the track coming soon
haha Chris was showing me the damage it did to his wheels. I inspected mine late at night, but I'm hopeful nothing caught onto the wheels.

You jinxed it with the donut talk. Time to paint it while it's out. A murdered look might not look bad with those 135s lol. But it definitely could've been a better day for you bud. I'll take a rock over some dumbass in the middle of the road any day. Expect a message in the upcoming days about that...

Originally Posted by joshhleee
Nice comments. 2016 here we come!
It's going to be bigger than 2015. Looking forward to seeing you next year, Josh.
Old 12-27-15, 05:47 PM
Tapangb
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great pics! I'd love to meet up with you all but probably won't be until I get back from deployment. Regardless, let me know when's the next meet and I will try my best to make it.
Old 12-27-15, 09:58 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tapangb
Great pics! I'd love to meet up with you all but probably won't be until I get back from deployment. Regardless, let me know when's the next meet and I will try my best to make it.
No worries BJ. There will be more meets coming up for sure. Stay safe overseas!
Old 01-19-16, 12:12 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

The first "holiday" of the year, and I was able to get some time with some old friends. Always a fun time to just shoot the breeze with guys and gals whom I've known for awhile and are fortunate to have in my life beyond cars. And it's certainly never a dull moment with them.

The location....DTLA. We were hoping for less people, but apparently others felt that because of this holiday, there would be less people driving or on the roads. We thought wrong entirely. Our initial plan was to visit the 6th Street Bridge one last time, but there were quite a few questionable characters that took over that spot at various times when we checked, requiring some police presence. And honestly, we didn't want to deal with that drama.

Onto the pics....

The new RC200t F-sport. I must say, it definitely had more pep than the RC350 F-sport, for those interested in getting one.

I'll be owning this precious vehicle for eight years in this upcoming month, and I still love it to death. Changes are underway, however.

4GS F-sport meets IS F. Skipper front lip versus AutoCouture front lip. Great distinction and each adds some more detail on some pretty well crafted cars from the factory.

Pre and Post Spindle Grille....

More to come.
Old 01-19-16, 12:22 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

What I always like is the group shots. I know they're not really anything spectacular, but to me at least, it's all about gathering friends and hangin' out. Yes, the cars are there, and there's always great dialogue among one another, but seeing how each of these friends have progressed in their car choices over the years has been fun. And we definitely look out for one another when it comes to finding parts and what mods should be next. Let's face it, MLK Day is pretty much "I have a dream..." for anyone who wants a positive change in their life, and there are few greater changes than having great friends beside you.

I guess this is what my car would look like "dumped". Not a bad look, but not for me. I appreciate all builds, but I still enjoy the performance of this car greatly.

The wheel lineup. Not exactly....three stockies and one set of monoblock forged Volk Racing G25 Prism Dark Silver wheels.

One of my favorites from the day...the birds ready to take flight, and the troopers ready to take to the roads.

Hope everyone had a great start to the New Year. As mentioned earlier, changes are coming to this build, and I'm looking forward to more time with great members and owners and just having a blast when we get together.
Old 01-19-16, 12:47 AM
isfdude
Lead Lap

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm not sure if any of the is200t or is300t can take the rc350 as on the track the rc350 was ahead the whole time on the track.
Old 01-19-16, 01:08 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Lexus definitely has a few engine options now. There are those who swear by the NA, while a growing bunch still want the modability of a turbo variant. I'm just glad there are more options available to choose from in keeping with the competition.
Old 01-19-16, 11:20 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Looking great dude.

Glad to hear you have plans for this year, I've got a load of things I'm hoping to do this year too!

My birthday was yesterday. Share it with MLK Day. Nice.

Hopefully I'll be back in LA soon. Be great to see you and the guys again.
Old 01-19-16, 06:57 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Looking great dude.

Glad to hear you have plans for this year, I've got a load of things I'm hoping to do this year too!

Looking forward to seeing you again, Peter! And happy belated birthday to you, my friend. Always love seeing the progressions in your build thread.

And much thanks. I figure, I might as well change some things around now, before the concept of ball and chain becomes a reality. After what we talked about last time you were here, I immediately ran through my mind of what I really need....scratch that.....want for this car.
Old 01-19-16, 07:08 PM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Looking great dude.

Happy belated Birthday brother!
Old 01-20-16, 07:10 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
Looking forward to seeing you again, Peter! And happy belated birthday to you, my friend. Always love seeing the progressions in your build thread.

And much thanks. I figure, I might as well change some things around now, before the concept of ball and chain becomes a reality. After what we talked about last time you were here, I immediately ran through my mind of what I really need....scratch that.....want for this car.
Originally Posted by SoulFreak
Happy belated Birthday brother!
Cheers guys.

Sadly I'm not too happy with my belated birthday gift from the wife!

Called me on my train to work this morning to say she'd damaged my F.

The family Audi had a diesel pump failure just before New Year's Eve, and isn't due back till Friday at the earliest. I offered to let her use my car to get to work and back till it's done.

Not clear what damage has been done, but she is saying it's a scrape on the passenger side doors?! God knows how she did it!

I asked her to text me some photos so I can assess the damage, but haven't received anything so far?! Just hoping that's not a sign in itself!!

Still, I'll get it sorted out soon enough. Just a question of whether it will be worth going through the insurance, or paying for it out of our pockets. Not good after having to find close to $2K to get the Audi repaired!!!

Rant over! Lol.

Needed to vent!
Old 01-20-16, 10:20 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Cheers guys.

Sadly I'm not too happy with my belated birthday gift from the wife!

Called me on my train to work this morning to say she'd damaged my F.

The family Audi had a diesel pump failure just before New Year's Eve, and isn't due back till Friday at the earliest. I offered to let her use my car to get to work and back till it's done.

Not clear what damage has been done, but she is saying it's a scrape on the passenger side doors?! God knows how she did it!

I asked her to text me some photos so I can assess the damage, but haven't received anything so far?! Just hoping that's not a sign in itself!!

Still, I'll get it sorted out soon enough. Just a question of whether it will be worth going through the insurance, or paying for it out of our pockets. Not good after having to find close to $2K to get the Audi repaired!!!

Rant over! Lol.

Needed to vent!
That is unfortunate, Peter. I know how hard bad she must feel because I saw the look in my sweetie's eyes when she scratched my car. But the main thing is that she is safe. The repair is fixable, though costly, but I wouldn't want to live with the guilt that I made my significant other afraid of me for something as menial as a car.

Hold that woman and let her her know how glad you are that she is still in your arms. And if she gives you some extra lovin' because she feels so guilty, well....happy belated birthday gift from her to you
Old 01-20-16, 10:34 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Wives are replaceable , the f is not lolz
Old 01-20-16, 01:11 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ISF4life
Wives are replaceable , the f is not lolz
This cracked me up!!
Old 01-20-16, 01:19 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

So initial impressions, scrape is relatively minor. May even come out with some mopping.

Got another problem though!

Same day as the scrape, she managed to curb up one of my pristine and now discontinued Wedsports SA67's!

I did joke and say if she wanted a divorce then she only had to ask! Lol.

Don't take it out on my baby!

Think it's repairable, but guessing they'll need to repaint the other three to get a proper colour match? Will find out on Friday when I visit my rim shop.

Day has been awful! Praying the Audi is fixed by Friday!!

I've not been too tough on her. She knew how much I cherish my car. Been upset about it all day bless her!

May go with a different colour if I'm getting them re-done. Thinking darker anthracite or maybe black?

Will keep the blue band though. Think that makes them design wise.

Quick Reply: bnizzle87's IS F Through the Years