IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

bnizzle87's IS F Through the Years

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-15, 11:12 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Our #tbt...

Another opportunity to hang out with some great friends, and we all were able to make it work. IntegresS (Jenn), viperrx (Mike), and I all grew up around the same area and really try to make an effort to squeeze some car time in our ever so busy lives. Call us the SGV kids, and, even though one of us has since moved a bit further away than our beloved 626 area code, our ties to one another remain strong.

While we didn't get that many shots collectively, a few shots stood out during this particular mini shoot.

IntegresS' Forgestar F14s in Highlighter Yellow. #blendout

As viperrx and I wait for our always fashionably late gal pal....

A shot of viperrx's Volk Racing TE37s in custom gunmetal, which are FS if anyone is interested.

For some reason "Abbey Road" comes to mind whenever I revisit this shot.

Summer is still very young, with plenty more good times left to be had under the sun. More of these mini meets and shoots will be taking place, and I'm definitely looking forward to getting to know more of the Club Lexus family and reconnect with some usual faces. And anyone who knows me knows that the modding isn't over. I do have a few more parts lined up waiting to be installed, and I'll provide my feedback post installation.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the F family BBQ is coming up, as well as a visit from a fellow F'er across the pond. More to come...
Old 08-03-15, 01:17 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

I haven't been able to update this thread in awhile, so here are some recent pics. The SoCal IS F BBQ featured 13 members, ranging across every color except Matador Red Mica. Here was our first group shot before more arrived later on in the day.

To see each owner's modding taste in the flesh made it all worthwhile. The same IS F front look has its variations, and they all look pretty darn sick.

My Obsidian.

DJsISF's Starfire Pearl.

Geoff4x4's Ultra White.

ISF4Life's Mercury Metallic.

quarius' Smoky Granite Mica.

Frank's Ultrasonic Blue Mica.

chris07is' Mercury Metallic.

Up next is "Meet the Brit!" PDP180180 (Pete) will be visiting SoCal, so it is only fitting that we make him feel at home and not have that homesick feeling as he misses his F.
Old 08-03-15, 01:24 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

quarius' new fender lights.

Trying to cool off in the underground parking lot.

My attempt at recreating the WALD International IS F front image.

quarius' front end. Apparently, I'm the odd one out with the non LED headlamps...

...but I do think about taking the plunge every now and again.

Those who know how much I care about the details know that nothing comes without time and dedication. We can appreciate the end result much more that way.

Summer isn't over yet, which is good because there will be more chances to hang with the CL guys and gals.
Old 08-24-15, 12:10 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Yesterday (08.23), a few of the IS F guys from LA, OC, and SD gathered at Lexus of Escondido for a mini meet and to lay groundwork for potential meets at the dealership. It was my first visit to the actual location, and it is breathtaking. The staff was cordial, the location was clean and spacious, and there wasn't a feeling that a bunch of guys with cameras, camera phones, and Kody weren't out of place. kwikfilms on IG was able to coordinate this meeting and the Social Marketing Coordinator welcomed us with a full tour of the facility and all the many amenities that truly put other dealerships to shame. It's not just a car buying experience when you visit Lexus of Escondido; it's a full on luxury experience in of itself.

Sunday funday cruising with these hooligans (quarius, joshhleee, ISF4Life)

I think this is the first time I've seen all three IS F wheel options in one shot: (L to R)- '10-'11, '12-'14, '08-'09

Geoff4x4 and RX7 RAGE rockin' the AG and Weds Sports respectively.

Kody forced me to take a shot of his new centercaps. Not bad, and adds some more of that CF look around his IS F Evolution.

Very aggressive Vertini wheels. Clearance is minimal.

Sometimes life is black and white...

The second set of pics are coming up.
Old 08-24-15, 12:21 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

It was a hot one today. Had to cool down for a bit. Lexus of Escondido just happen to have their tech bays open.

Photo ops after dining at the dealership's on site restaurant, Vintana.

Rooftop parking. Wish we could've stayed for sunset shots, but it was a long day. Productive, but long.

Much thanks and appreciation to our contact, Justin (Social Media Coordinator) for making this a wonderful experience.

Kody and I got some coordinating to do for future meets ourselves. Let's roll!

Blue because Orange is the new Black.

Looking forward to further dialogue with these guys on future meets, gatherings, and the such. Till next time...
Old 08-24-15, 12:26 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Lolz , very nice like always Brian more pics please lolz. Send me some too lolz.
Old 08-24-15, 01:23 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ISF4life
Lolz , very nice like always Brian more pics please lolz. Send me some too lolz.
You know it bud! You got mail.
Old 08-24-15, 07:37 PM
RX7 RAGE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice shots
Old 08-24-15, 09:49 PM
frank1015
Driver

Received 104 Likes on 25 Posts

Good looking cars right there Brian! Great shots...
Old 08-24-15, 10:28 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RX7 RAGE
nice shots
Thanks, Gene! Great seeing you again. The USB with the gold Brembos look good together.

Originally Posted by frank1015
Good looking cars right there Brian! Great shots...
Much appreciated, Frank. I'll never be a pro at this, but it's just fun to get together and hang out, talk cars (among other things), and just enjoy each other's company.
Old 09-15-15, 01:45 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Early Sunday morning cruises just tend to soothe the soul for a bit, especially with great friends. IntegresS, viperrx, and I once again reunited for some #LexusLove, but more importantly to see where life will lead us. Career paths, the thought of getting older, and shifting priorities in life are all things that came into discussion, but one this remains constant....we still love our Lexus vehicles.

2012 Nebula Grey Pearl 2IS F-sport - 2008 Obsidian IS F - 2015 Obsidian RC F

Black never goes out of style. Never.

Cars may come and go, but the meaningful friendships are the ones that shall forever live on.

(L to R): 2IS stock rear spoiler - RC F activated rear spoiler - molded WALD trunk spoiler

There are plenty of more pics. Individual shots to come as well.
Old 09-15-15, 02:00 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Mike's Nebula Grey Pearl back to stock form.

A strong possibility this will become Jenn's new Batmobile 4.0. We shall wait and see....

Not the flashiest of Fs, but damn, do I still love mine.

Thankful for the great friendships that came about from car chat and Lexus. And to think, we used to share the same halls back in our HS days.

Still got a nice cake.

A quick comparo between the RC F and IS F rears....

I do remember distinctly when Yaguchi-san, Chief Engineer of the IS F, RC F, and upcoming GS F, arrived at Lexus Headquarters a few years back to discuss changes in the then-next F performance model, some ideas that, as a group in which I was a part of, were the third brake light relocation, bumper-integrated parking sensors, and L-finesse tail lamps. I have always been a fan of the third brake light being near the roofline as opposed to just stuck behind the rear windshield. The parking sensors are just a minor gripe, especially when applying wax and trying to clean off the entire area without leaving residue. And L-finesse tail lamps were being discussed as essentially the next look within the F performance and F-sport lines. The quad exhaust tips remain the iconic derivation of the F performance line, and while some may not like it, it is surely unique and very bold with each F model.
Old 09-15-15, 02:05 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

And for kicks, my plans for the future....

I don't have all the parts lined up yet, but with great vendors on the forums, it won't be long till I get to test out some of the great engineered and track/race proven parts. Obviously the look of my F will be much different than its current state, and there are already a few inquiries from local members about my next wheel setup. It's not even a teaser (yet) since Japanese manufacturers takes awhile to ship parts over here.
Old 09-15-15, 03:37 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

Oh yeah..track ready....baller status..
Old 09-15-15, 09:47 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Not even bud! I really liked how Speed Freaks explained to me about the LSD, how Figs constantly teaches me more about suspension components, and yes, I also need to preserve the PSS as my street tires. I don't think I'll get all the parts by our next track day, but it should all come together early next year. Looking forward to hiring a new course with you and maybe some other F members, too.

Quick Reply: bnizzle87's IS F Through the Years