Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice car! I've always like them.
Old 11-13-13, 07:23 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by 94SupraTT
Nice car! I've always like them.
Thanks! I't a great car all around. The first in the F performance line will always be special and historic in fabricating this heritage over time. But I still wish I had a MKIV Supra TT
Old 12-14-13, 04:19 PM
peyman
Lexus Test Driver

clean looking isf bro. i liked the story about the saleman schooling the other guy, lol!!
thanks againf or the suggestion on the rear molding im taking my car to this shop in a week , im excited especially after seeing how sexy your rear looks and what a nice job they did
Old 12-14-13, 04:31 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

That pic with the Datsun Z is great!!!
Old 12-14-13, 06:49 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by peyman
clean looking isf bro. i liked the story about the saleman schooling the other guy, lol!!
thanks againf or the suggestion on the rear molding im taking my car to this shop in a week , im excited especially after seeing how sexy your rear looks and what a nice job they did
You're definitely welcome, my friend! I know it won't do anything performance-wise, but it will look sick.

Originally Posted by Gymkata
That pic with the Datsun Z is great!!!
Thanks, buddy! The Z's heritage is something to really take in. The evolution from Datsun to Nissan's production models year after year is pretty neat to see, and my friend is really lucky to have found one with such low mileage and in its original condition without too much wear and tear. He's one of the students I mentored a few years back and we just got on the topic of cars, and been friends since. We're planning to do another shoot soon. He's waiting on some parts for his ride, which are vastly more rare than anything for the F. Hopefully soon...
Old 12-14-13, 08:24 PM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Great pictures and narrative! Your F is beautiful.

Random q - in the last picture with the FRS/BRZ, is the rotor glowing red or is that just a reflection?
Old 12-14-13, 09:25 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

That's a brake light from Flipside909's 3IS F-sport reflected onto the FRS' rotor. We didn't realize it at the time, but it does look pretty cool- although, so would a BBK on those rides.
Old 12-14-13, 10:21 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

While I had wished today was smooth sailing in not having any trouble with cops, there were many lurking for that quick ticket to hand out. Never has a sign meant so much....

Name:  DSC08325_zps3effde1e.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  98.3 KB

Mr. Officer: So what's going on here? 15 IS Fs parked all together. Must mean trouble...

Name:  DSC084901_zps86d80173.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  88.2 KB

Us: That's right, officer. You're outnumbered 15 to 1. Whatcha gonna do now?

Name:  DSC085021_zps347ffacc.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  71.7 KB

This pretty much summed up the IS F meet and cruise today. I was hoping to get the gang together for shots of all of our rides together, but limited space at the stopping point prevented that from happening. Overall, it was a great meet. I was able to put more faces to the rides and CL handles, had a great cruise, chilled with some great people, and concluded with some of the F family members dining at Neptune's Net. #RIPPaulWalker

Looking forward to more of these meets/cruises!
Old 01-27-14, 11:19 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

From this past Sunday's meetup in the OC...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94534502@N05/12185070064/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/94534502@N05/12185338453/
r0shiro and I shooting the breeze

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94534502@N05/12167652594/
[L to R]: audis886 - me - qtrann - RVCAis250 - r0shiro - whitebeast - kentaro

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94534502@N05/12167236485/
Great meeting some more of the CL community and matching faces to the screennames here. Fun turnout with some really chill owners.
Old 01-28-14, 02:18 AM
ULTSISF
Lead Lap

Very nice, similar story happened when I got my G37s back in 08 with a salesman. Car looks good
Old 01-28-14, 10:09 AM
peyman
Lexus Test Driver

nice rear end shot, my cars in the shops right now, cant wait to get it back! crap gonna be there for like 2 months
thanks for recommending me to your guy, hes real cool dude to work with.
Old 01-28-14, 10:27 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Keep up the good work Brian :P
Old 01-28-14, 05:50 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ULTSISF
Very nice, similar story happened when I got my G37s back in 08 with a salesman. Car looks good
Thanks! Everyone has had a unique story, and while mine didn't get off to the best start, it sure ended the way I wanted it. Honestly, it wouldn't have deterred me from getting the F. I was just drawn to it from the very beginning.

Originally Posted by peyman
nice rear end shot, my cars in the shops right now, cant wait to get it back! crap gonna be there for like 2 months
thanks for recommending me to your guy, hes real cool dude to work with.
Definitely find something to keep you busy. Two months is a pretty long time, but it'll be worth it. Then time for a photoshoot! It'll all come out great in the end. They're super meticulous over there. Dont' forget to snap some pics when you're there visiting- kind of like a progression from start to finish of what's being done.

Originally Posted by blitz_714
Keep up the good work Brian :P
Thanks, Kody! Looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the So Cal IS F community for some more meets.
Old 01-28-14, 10:39 PM
Rossi
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

Hey Brian,
Your Wald spoiler mold job is hands dawn the best I have ever seen.
Love you choices, the lip, diffuser and of course the trunk :-)

I really appritiate your kindness answering my PMs in the past.
Today, I read your OP..... Just heartwarming.
I am happy your thread surfaced. Really enjoyed reading it.
Old 01-29-14, 01:20 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rossi
Hey Brian,
Your Wald spoiler mold job is hands dawn the best I have ever seen.
Love you choices, the lip, diffuser and of course the trunk :-)

I really appritiate your kindness answering my PMs in the past.
Today, I read your OP..... Just heartwarming.
I am happy your thread surfaced. Really enjoyed reading it.
No problem at all, Rossi! CL has always been a place to share info and help out a fellow owner who's looking to achieve his or her vision for the Lexus. Each person will mod to his or her content, and that's what makes it all fun. And what really makes it great is that we all as members get to see it come to fruition through these build threads and even asking the CL community for help and/or advice on stuff. It's what makes this forum so great. Since getting the F and meeting more enthusiasts not just of Lexus but of cars in general continues to be fun and exciting.

Honestly, I spent a good two years sketching out my plans for the F. Contacting suppliers, debating where to have the work done, and constantly keeping up to date with all the aftermarket availability for the F, all the while saving up and choosing to go the authentic route, has been economical for me. I've always said that when you make a decision, make it the final one because it'll cost you more in the long run and you'll waste more time getting to your intended result. It's just great to see the vision that I had when I first bought the car up until this current point of ownership, and how everything had come together just right. It's that rewarding feeling I hope everyone gets when they mod their cars the way they want. And, as always, I look forward to interacting with the CL community. Small meets, large crowds, even the random sighting- it's all what makes my experience with this forum so cool.

Quick Reply: bnizzle87's IS F Through the Years