IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

LED Headlamp Retro Kit (HID to HID/LED)-Lamp Set (Loaded)?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-13, 11:25 AM
Andyfishy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question LED Headlamp Retro Kit (HID to HID/LED)-Lamp Set (Loaded)?

I've purchased a 2009 Lexus IS-F recently. I think that the LED front lamps will look brilliant on my car. However, Lexus told me that the factory LED lamps won't fit on 2008-2010 models of ISF. I searched and searched, eventually I ended up purchasing the LED Headlamp Retro Kit (HID to HID/LED)-Lamp Set (Loaded) from Sewell Parts. Anybody knows if they will fit on my car and are they easily installed? Are professional installation needed?
Old 10-29-13, 12:37 PM
OneSiCkF
Lead Lap

The lights should fit your car with some manual adjustments. You'll get a blinking light on your dashboard due to the LED lamps not having AFS. If you already have HIDs I believe all you need is the stripped version of the lamps. Besides the cost savings, the only other difference is that the loaded versions are for non-oem HID cars.
Old 10-29-13, 07:32 PM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by OneSiCkF
The lights should fit your car with some manual adjustments. You'll get a blinking light on your dashboard due to the LED lamps not having AFS. If you already have HIDs I believe all you need is the stripped version of the lamps. Besides the cost savings, the only other difference is that the loaded versions are for non-oem HID cars.
You need to modify or cut the plastic headlight bumper brackets slightly with a dremel tool. As the dealer throws new parts at everything, they will have no clue, in most cases how or what to do.
Also need to change the turn signal flasher, as you are going from a double bulb to a single bulb.

Do you install research first, and you will have no problems.

Digger08
Old 10-30-13, 02:55 PM
Andyfishy
Driver

Originally Posted by OneSiCkF
I have just contacted Sewell and they will get me the non-loaded one since mine are oem light bulbs... Do you know anyways to take off the blinking light on my dashboard? Also, do you know anywhere's good near LA for installation? Thanks!
Old 10-30-13, 02:56 PM
Andyfishy
Driver

Originally Posted by digger08
You need to modify or cut the plastic headlight bumper brackets slightly with a dremel tool. As the dealer throws new parts at everything, they will have no clue, in most cases how or what to do.
Also need to change the turn signal flasher, as you are going from a double bulb to a single bulb.

Do you install research first, and you will have no problems.

Digger08
do you know anywhere's good near LA for installation? Thanks!
Old 10-30-13, 04:16 PM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Andyfishy
I have just contacted Sewell and they will get me the non-loaded one since mine are oem light bulbs... Do you know anyways to take off the blinking light on my dashboard? Also, do you know anywhere's good near LA for installation? Thanks!
You now have way more work to do by pulling the ballasts from the old bulbs and install in the new ones. Pulling the old ones is difficult, installing them in the new lights is easy provided you don't damage the connectors.

Not close unless by "La", you mean french Quebec !

Digger08