IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

IS F, IS F SPORT & FR-S Night Shoot in DTLA

Old 10-28-13, 07:55 PM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I think those yellow wheels look stellar. I don't think I'd have the nuts to roll with em, but they're sick on that car!

Edit for disclaimer: I mean they're a bit flashy for me because I'm a bit shy about that kinda stuff...but they look amazing and I love it!
Old 10-28-13, 09:23 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
Pics turned out amazing, Ryan! Always a pleasure to reconnect with you, whether at events or these impromptu shoots. We have got to do this again soon
My pleasure. It was a lot of fun. Haven't done a night shoot in such a long time. We'll do something again very soon.

Originally Posted by kdm
The last shot is simply breathtaking.
Thanks. Downtown LA has a lot of breathtaking views.

Originally Posted by LOLM3
Awesome, pictures turned out great! I like how the G25s have that oil slick color to them in certain lighting.
Thanks. The G25's do have that very luminous prism clearcoat finish found only on certain JDM wheel finishes.

Originally Posted by Defratos
nice pics
Originally Posted by tmf2004
great pics
Originally Posted by ihadboost

Pics are solid man.
Originally Posted by sleepyray
Beautiful pictures!!!!
Originally Posted by LexusNN
Awesome shots, nice collection
Many thanks.

Originally Posted by 1BAD4DR
Hey flipside first of all nice car and amazing photos.

Im close to LA and wouldnt mind hanging out with you guys/gals if you pm me. Thanks
Originally Posted by Luis3rD
great pics! I've been wanting to do a shoot in downtown LA. I'm tired of my usual spots.
Thanks guys. I will keep you all in mind on the next opportunity.

1BAD4DR, I will extend the invite to you under one condition, that you keep your personal beef or issues with others elsewhere. We're all here for the love our for one thing...our Lexus cars.

Originally Posted by iH8RICERZ
OOOH I really like that CF AC lip!
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
Yeah. It's RAYS/Volk Racing's new Prism Dark Silver finish, available currently for the G25 and G27. Sizing is 19x8.5 and 19x9.5, as that is what's currently offered from RAYS. As much as I wanted to go a bit wider, it wasn't a necessity for me.

Here's what they look like in the daytime.

lol There's no secrecy here. It's an AutoCouture lip that I purchased brand new from a previous F owner who purchased it directly from AutoCouture's facility in Japan. He and his wife were moving and did not need the F anymore, and I didn't feel like waiting for the one lip I really wanted for my car. The finish isn't primer; it's bedliner spray, as I got tired of the chipping and paint scraping from driveways and steep inclines.

From what I understand through Carson Toyota/L-Tuned Parts, AutoCouture no longer makes this lip, but LEMS Japan has pretty much an identical mold that they've produced in a carbon fiber form. The AutoCouture lip was MSRP $750, and LEMS Japan, well known for their carbon fiber products, has it listed for much more.

Originally Posted by vbb
Nice cars, all of them. Normally I wouldn't be in to the neon green wheels look on something classy like a Lexus, but it actually kinda works on the new 3IS. Pictures are sweet too.

Great reference to Regulators in the first line of your post too. I wonder how many caught that, lol!
Hahaha yes! Good eye. Thanks, it definitely fits the "Blending Out" theme for the 3rd Generation IS.

Originally Posted by dannyk8232
I think those yellow wheels look stellar. I don't think I'd have the nuts to roll with em, but they're sick on that car!

Edit for disclaimer: I mean they're a bit flashy for me because I'm a bit shy about that kinda stuff...but they look amazing and I love it!
Yeah that's the beauty of modifying cars. It's like a blank canvas you can personalize to your tastes. Forget what everyone else thinks.

Last edited by flipside909; 10-28-13 at 09:46 PM.