IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Strange night Modded 2001 Camaro SS, E90 M3, late model Camaro SS 2010+

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-13, 06:22 PM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts
Default Strange night Modded 2001 Camaro SS, E90 M3, late model Camaro SS 2010+

I don't know what's been going on but lately at least once or twice week some knucklehead want's to race, and it's different types of cars german, imports, domestic you name and drivers ranging in age from 20's to 50's, funny thing 50yr old are usually in domestic cars lol, normally I don't even bother but damn these three were shall I say special.

2001 SS Camaro first driver time 12:05am - I was driving into work late last night after midnight, I see white car make quick right turn he comes racing down gets right on my ***, so I go to middle lane he follows, I then get into right lane and what does my new buddy do yep he follows. This goes on for mile or so when we get to light he starts to revving, I pull off nice and easy. He continues same antics persistent little ***** I think to myself we stop at light and I say to myself well just under mile to highway it's straight shot not car in site, so ask my young friend what mods he's done, with smile and cocky attitude he tells me it's 2001 SS with cams, manifold, headers, exhaust and tune I say in my best impersonation of Darth Vader from Star Wars Impressive lol He asked if I had mods I told him just headers and exhaust no big deal. I know these cars well had Camaro and TA back in 90's Now I could tell he was not running very large cams and evens with the mods he has your looking at roughly 40whp gain, the LS1 put out 325hp with drive train loss around 290hp. Now add 40whp he picked up some where in neighborhood of 330whp -340whp. I ask from dig or roll he said from roll so we take off from 30mph I was in second by top of third gear it was over pulled him hard by 4th it was done. My young friend no longer had smile on his face but he did say nice car it sound great I told him thanks jump on highway and started heading into work.

E90M3 second driver time 12:13 - heading south bound in middle lane cruising around 70mph in left lane E90 M3 rips by doing over 100mph he hits brakes and slow down and starts to pace me in left lane, I say to myself here we go again I slow down he slows down I speed up he speeds up. I was coming up to my exit so I indulge him we slow to 40mph then punch it, F pulls him by car half I then shut it down at that point put on my signal light and hit exit ramp he follows. He rolls down his window complements me on F and sound it makes. I tell him thanks I ask him what mods he tells me Meisterschaft exhaust, he ask if I had any mods done on F I tell him yes PPE headers, JoeZ exhaust no cats, intake he tell wow no wonder your car pulled so hard I tell him thanks again light turn green he turns left I turn right.

Late model Camaro SS 2010 to 2013? time 12:23 - I jump off highway to avoid some construction as I'm heading toward pkwy a black Camaro SS starts to chase me down and tailgating me, revving switching lanes back and forth, getting on my side revving I'm like WTF it's not even full moon had enough. We merge onto ramp the SS is right on my tail as soon as we enter pkwy I punch it, once again no cars in front of me its straight run for mile half. I stay on it until over 1/8 mile ahead of him think I surprised him lol then slow down to 60mph get into right lane, Well SS is no longer tried to chase me down when he does finally catch up he then speeds up and does ricer fly by then turns off at next exit classic.

What a crazy night all of this occurred in less than 30mins now I'm not condoning my action nor promoting spirited driving, I always made sure there was NO traffic of any kind in front or in back of us before proceeding it help being so late and on Tuesday night. Just wanted to pass on my experience last night such very strange night.
Old 09-25-13, 06:50 PM
Oreo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol you had yourself a fun filled night! Way to let everyone know what the F is all about.
Old 09-25-13, 06:54 PM
FD3SISF
Lead Lap

At least you have a fun night.
Old 09-25-13, 06:59 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

The 01 ss has ls1..which always made 350hp and 375tq.....and they only have one cam

Suprised.you beat that one, unless the guy was bsing you. If he had a cam, headers, heads, tune he was probably making over 460hp easily at the crank.
Old 09-25-13, 08:17 PM
imp0rted1
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
The 01 ss has ls1..which always made 350hp and 375tq.....and they only have one cam

Suprised.you beat that one, unless the guy was bsing you. If he had a cam, headers, heads, tune he was probably making over 460hp easily at the crank.

agreed. a friend of mine has a LS1 T/A with the same setup putting down 440whp. the car is no joke.
Old 09-25-13, 08:25 PM
Weapon F

2001 Camaro SS made 325hp/350tq and Camaro Z28 made 310hp/340tq Trans Am Ws6 325hp/350tq all used same motor
Old 09-26-13, 04:10 AM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

http://www.camaroz28.com/forums/ls1-...sheets-134486/

Nope. All ls1 motors were the same minus different intake manifolds. All made 350hp and around 365 torque. Later in the ls1 life all ls1s got the ls6 block with ls1 heads (241) I beleive.

The difference in numbers was from a marketing perspective as not to canabalize corvette sales.

Regardless your car is running strong to beat that guy..congrats!
Old 09-26-13, 06:27 AM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

damn, why can't I ever have some fun! haha. nice runs weapon! LS cars regardless are no joke with a cam and Bolton's. well done.
Old 09-26-13, 07:52 AM
tgui
Pole Position

No one really bothers with me. About the only car I can remember was a 2010 5.0 Mustang. It was close! Nice guy too. We both gave the thumbs up Well, then there was the V10 M5. Ok, I guess I remember an STi in there. Not too many for owning the car for 3 years.
Old 09-26-13, 08:01 AM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds like you had a fun night haha.
Old 09-26-13, 09:18 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

He continues same antics persistent little ***** I think to myself we stop at light and I say to myself well just under mile to highway it's straight shot not car in site, so ask my young friend what mods he's done, with smile and cocky attitude he tells me it's 2001 SS with cams, manifold, headers, exhaust and tune I say in my best impersonation of Darth Vader from Star Wars Impressive lol He asked if I had mods I told him just headers and exhaust no big deal.

Its pretty funny that when someone wants to race or acts like a ***** their all of a sudden Mr. nice guy after you beat them.. SMH....
Old 09-26-13, 10:52 AM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

sounds like the 36 chambers. challenge after challenge
Old 09-26-13, 11:14 AM
Weapon F

Originally Posted by Oreo
lol you had yourself a fun filled night! Way to let everyone know what the F is all about.
Originally Posted by FD3SISF
At least you have a fun night.
Originally Posted by BS ISF
damn, why can't I ever have some fun! haha. nice runs weapon! LS cars regardless are no joke with a cam and Bolton's. well done.
http://www.camaroz28.com/forums/ls1-...sheets-134486/

Nope. All ls1 motors were the same minus different intake manifolds. All made 350hp and around 365 torque. Later in the ls1 life all ls1s got the ls6 block with ls1 heads (241) I beleive.

The difference in numbers was from a marketing perspective as not to canabalize corvette sales.

Regardless your car is running strong to beat that guy..congrats!
Thanks guys have to admit I did have fun just so crazy all three within 30min trip to work. Since I work nights roads are generally empty for the most part which allows for little more fun. I've run across some very cool cars at night in last three months.
Old 09-26-13, 11:24 AM
Weapon F

Originally Posted by tmf2004
He continues same antics persistent little ***** I think to myself we stop at light and I say to myself well just under mile to highway it's straight shot not car in site, so ask my young friend what mods he's done, with smile and cocky attitude he tells me it's 2001 SS with cams, manifold, headers, exhaust and tune I say in my best impersonation of Darth Vader from Star Wars Impressive lol He asked if I had mods I told him just headers and exhaust no big deal.

Its pretty funny that when someone wants to race or acts like a ***** their all of a sudden Mr. nice guy after you beat them.. SMH....
So true!!! I was told this when I first got into cars "remember there always someone out there faster than you so know your limits be cool and have fun it just car".
Old 09-26-13, 02:05 PM
GBFisFun
Driver School Candidate

Good advice... and man, that does sound like a fun night. Good job being careful too...

Quick Reply: Strange night Modded 2001 Camaro SS, E90 M3, late model Camaro SS 2010+