IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

What Would U Guys Do?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-13, 12:04 AM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the future I'd probably fly one way over to wherever my car is and then drive the car back myself. That's definitely something you should consider.
Old 09-02-13, 04:34 AM
WillRockwe
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dmvp29
In the future I'd probably fly one way over to wherever my car is and then drive the car back myself. That's definitely something you should consider.
That's what I did, even though it was a 1300 mile return trip that took three days. I loved having the time to get to know the car.
You did the right thing. Who knows what else they didn't disclose about the car? Why in the world would the headlights be foggy?
Old 09-02-13, 06:32 AM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No idea why a 2011 would have fogged up headlights. I tried to tell the new car manager on the phone that if he would let me take the car to the Lexus dealer in Tampa to have them look at the car's headlights and figure out what is wrong then I would still consider doing the deal. I told him maybe the previous owner swapped them out for 2012 lights and didn't have them installed correctly. His response was "I'm done dealing with u so put Mario(sales guy) back on the phone and give him keys back to car so u can stop wasting our time." I haven't heard from the pre-owned manager yet, he was really cool during the buying process so I'm interested to hear what he has to say.
Old 09-02-13, 02:59 PM
tripp
Driver School Candidate

Hey, it is your money. You have the right to be picky. If I were going to buy a 40k+ car I would have to see it in person. I went through a similar search back in april and just decided to buy a previous model year with 4500 miles.
Old 09-02-13, 03:09 PM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Based off of the managers attitude I would walk away! If you feel it is necessary call the corporate office and let them know how you have been treated. IMO, that is not how you treat a customer that YOU (the sales person) were dishonest too from the start.

The previous owner could have tried to sand the headlights to remove the pitting and or scratches.
Old 09-02-13, 03:14 PM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

wait it out, be patient and see what the used car manager says.

if you asked for the vehicle to be free of blemishes, then by all means. I would also fully report the delivery dicks attitude, I have never had that experience with a Lexus dealer. BMW yes.

I learnt very quickly with my first ISF that the paint is very very soft and chips easily, thats why I had the entire front end wrapped on my new ISF. not just part way up the hood and fenders, the ENTIRE front.
Old 09-02-13, 08:04 PM
Allout
Driver School Candidate

For what an is-f cost fogged up headlights are not exceptable. But that could possibly be worked out with a price reduction or replacement of headlights by the dealer. The real deal breaker for me would be their bad attitude. Your buying a 40k plus car and they can't be more respectful.
Old 09-02-13, 08:31 PM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Allout
For what an is-f cost fogged up headlights are not exceptable. But that could possibly be worked out with a price reduction or replacement of headlights by the dealer. The real deal breaker for me would be their bad attitude. Your buying a 40k plus car and they can't be more respectful.
x100000

I'd walk away from the deal unless the used car manager corrects the headlight issue and fixes the chis AND kisses some *** and apologizes all over himself for the rudeness of the guys you dealt with... That would **** me off!!!
Old 09-02-13, 08:39 PM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

Used car manager called me today and was unaware of what went down, wanted to know why deal fell thru. I explained to him what happened and he was very cool as he has been thru whole deal. He said he knew the new car manager involved and said guy can be a real idiot when it comes to customer service. He also said he would be having sit down with sales guy and getting to the bottom of it. I did ask why as sales manager did he not notice how bad the headlights looked during walk thru that I asked him to do prior to delivery. He said he should have noticed and apologized and said he will have service guy see why they are like that tomorrow when service re-opens after holiday weekend. He said if he can get dealership to install new headlights would I still do the deal. I will see what he says but I have kind of lost the excitement over the car now because of all this.
Old 09-02-13, 08:50 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

^ Install new headlights, or have someone clean them up? How can you even tell? Just more questions to throw into the mix... then it all boils down to how bad do you want the car after that... GL with your decision bro
Old 09-02-13, 10:40 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

I'd walk away from this deal. It is always best to check several cars before making a decision. PATIENCE is the key to getting the right car.
Old 09-03-13, 10:51 AM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

Pre-Owned sales manager who has been really helpful has agreed to fix everything to my standards from the chips in hood to the fogged headlight covers to anything else that I need done. He apologized time and time again for this happening and said car should have been gone over thouroughly before driving it down. He pulled commission from sales guy who was belligerent to me and my wife and is taking $$ off price of car for my trouble. I'm going through with the deal because of his level of service and commitment. I wish all Lexus employees were like him. I'm short I should have car by Monday at the latest. I appreciate everybody's input on this, at first I was really leaning on canceling the deal but now I feel like everything is where I need it to be.
Old 09-03-13, 11:54 AM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrd916
Pre-Owned sales manager who has been really helpful has agreed to fix everything to my standards from the chips in hood to the fogged headlight covers to anything else that I need done. He apologized time and time again for this happening and said car should have been gone over thouroughly before driving it down. He pulled commission from sales guy who was belligerent to me and my wife and is taking $$ off price of car for my trouble. I'm going through with the deal because of his level of service and commitment. I wish all Lexus employees were like him. I'm short I should have car by Monday at the latest. I appreciate everybody's input on this, at first I was really leaning on canceling the deal but now I feel like everything is where I need it to be.
Now that is great service. The manager really owned up to his employee's mistakes. If the car gets fixed to your standard and has the exact specs you wanted, that is a good deal.
Old 09-03-13, 04:03 PM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome, Glad it will all work out!

Like any place of business you will find both ends of the spectrum. You are lucky one of the better ones was involved with your sale.
Old 09-03-13, 04:10 PM
jdm_altzza
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Glad it worked out for you man...There can be douche bag sales guys out there.. I personally have experienced it. 1st they want to be your friends and treat you nice but after you sign that contract, they turn on you if there's any issues in the next couple of days of new ownership. Hopefully this is not the case for you...

Good luck man!

Quick Reply: What Would U Guys Do?