IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Lurking around for a while finally dream came true

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-13, 08:10 AM
MyisFly
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lurking around for a while finally dream came true

Finally im an owner of a usb 2011 isf. And I am nothing but impressed couldn't ask for anymore performance reliability and classy at the same time. I do have some questions though. For those rolling 20's does it kill the ride do you think I should stick with 19's? KW3 coilovers I find are little high in price are the BX coilovers that bad are springs too bouncy I want to compliment with a nice ride and not have to worry about anything. Anybody know where I can buy the cwest front lip without waiting 3 months? And the aftermarket steering wheels does it feel like the wheel was meant to be there or does it feel awkward I like the feel of the stock steering wheel but I like the look of the aftermarket ones. That's about all I can think off right now ill post some pics any info would be appreciated I look to mod pretty quick I ordered the takeda intake before I even had the keys to the car along with the black chrome grill surround.
Old 08-20-13, 08:20 AM
Boma
Lead Lap

Congrats on your purchase! Most people have had good success with BC coilovers with Swift springs. As far as steering wheels, I haven't heard of a complaint yet. Sadly most wait times on JDM ISF products will be especially long since our parts aren't in huge demand compared to others.

One tip for your new black pearl grille surround, protect it with an extra layer of good clear coat or at least a clear bra of some sort because it may start chipping and peeling after a while. I've seen black pearl emblems get messed up just from normal daily driving.

Last edited by Boma; 08-20-13 at 08:26 AM.
Old 08-20-13, 08:34 AM
gshyu
Rookie

Congrats on the purchase! USB is such a cool color.

My .02 on the steering wheel is since it's your connection to the vehicle, feel is more important than looks.
Old 08-20-13, 08:36 AM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

congrats on the purchase and welcome to the F family.
Old 08-20-13, 08:38 AM
CUTigers
Lead Lap

pics or it didnt happen

welcome!
Old 08-20-13, 08:38 AM
MyisFly
Driver

Originally Posted by Boma
Congrats on your purchase! Most people have had good success with BC coilovers with Swift springs. As far as steering wheels, I haven't heard of a complaint yet. Sadly most wait times on JDM ISF products will be especially long since our parts aren't in huge demand compared to others.

One tip for your new black pearl grille surround, protect it with an extra layer of good clear coat or at least a clear bra of some sort because it may start chipping and peeling after a while. I've seen black pearl emblems get messed up just from normal daily driving.
Thanks for the info I might of thought twice about the grill surround if I knew about it fading.
Old 08-20-13, 09:04 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Congrats and Welcome
Old 08-20-13, 09:15 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Welcome to CL and congrats on the F! Lexus has tweaked it with each passing model year, and it certainly is a great feeling owning one. The black pearl look is still pretty sick with the USB. A good clear coat would protect it enough from fading.

As Boma stated, it'll be hard to get any part from Japan for our cars in a short amount of time. Toms, which has a distributor here in CA, seems to be the exception. Many F owners have received their parts in a week's time (when in stock), but when they aren't, waiting can be between 2-3 months.

And the BC Racing coilovers are a fine upgrade, no matter what year IS F. FIGS, a vendor here on the forums, has an option for BC Racing coils with the Swift springs, and they do make the roads more bearable and not too jarring on the body. It's a great compliment to the F. I strongly considered KW, and its performance is top notch. Great reviews left and right. My only problem would be if they ever needed to be re-valved or repaired. Some of my BMW friends said it was a nightmare sending the coils, which meant they footed the bill for shipping to Germany, and waiting as long as 4 months to get everything resolved. Meanwhile BC can be repaired in the US and I heard turnaround time is less than a business week.

Enjoy your F, and do post pics when you get the chance!
Old 08-20-13, 09:50 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

congratz and welcome to the USB F Club! have a question where did u get the black chrome grill surround and how much was it?
Old 08-20-13, 10:38 AM
GriMan
Pole Position

Congrats and WELCOME. no pix???
Old 08-20-13, 11:00 AM
Wakemaker8
Driver

Woohoo another Texas F, Hope to see you around
Old 08-20-13, 01:34 PM
MyisFly
Driver

I got the grill surround from carson tuned and I tried to post pics but it wouldn't upload I guess I will go with the BC coilovers the KW are too expensive to me.
Old 08-20-13, 01:35 PM
MyisFly
Driver

it was 290 shipped
Old 08-20-13, 04:31 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

USB is a sweet color! Congrats on the F and Welcome bro!
Old 08-20-13, 10:27 PM
GBFisFun
Driver School Candidate

Congrats. The F is Fun!

Quick Reply: Lurking around for a while finally dream came true