IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Anybody have their front bumper resprayed?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-13, 08:01 AM
RCM83
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anybody have their front bumper resprayed?

If so what did it set you back? I'm thinking about getting mine done, as I near the 50k mark I'm starting to notice some pitting down there that is bothering me.
Old 08-18-13, 08:22 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RCM83
If so what did it set you back? I'm thinking about getting mine done, as I near the 50k mark I'm starting to notice some pitting down there that is bothering me.
brand new bumper pre painted from sewell is aroud $530 with shipping.
Old 08-18-13, 08:22 AM
daedalus
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

just the front bumper at a reputable shop should run around 500-700. I got charged 2500 for the front bumper, hood, and both fenders.
Old 08-18-13, 10:03 AM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggu
You have a link for that? I might do this myself because my bumper is hammered.
Old 08-18-13, 10:07 AM
RCM83
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by daedalus
just the front bumper at a reputable shop should run around 500-700. I got charged 2500 for the front bumper, hood, and both fenders.
that is a lot....do you have any pictures?

Has anyone actually ordered a painted bumper from Seawell? I'm wondering how good the color match is but honestly that might be a better deal to just order a new one for that price, I'm sure I could sell my old one on ebay for a hundred bucks or something since it's not damaged or anything
Old 08-18-13, 10:56 AM
daedalus
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RCM83
that is a lot....do you have any pictures?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...tail-it-6.html
Old 08-18-13, 11:09 AM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Biggu
530 is without shipping. Shipping is pretty high for a bumper. My buddy bought one from Sewell and shipping was 150+ to Cali
Old 08-18-13, 11:13 AM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

^ that's not bad as long as its oem and painted I know shops out here want $600-800 to paint the front bumper. Mine has dents from larger rocks so I'd rather get a new one and have it clear bra'd before I install it
Old 08-18-13, 12:14 PM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

I'm having mine resprayed right now along with my good, part of an insurance claim cause a dumbass guy driving a dump truck didn't lock his back gate and dumped his auto parts salvage all over the highway. Got lucky and only had rock chip damage on bumper and a couple of nicks in the hood. I should have car back tomorrow and will let u know how it came out. Car is MM in color so I hope silver matches up.
Old 08-18-13, 02:29 PM
tomkirklan
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a local shop that takes care of me. I bought a bumper from Sewell, when it got to me it had a huge scratch so I had it resprayed. I just recently pulled the bumper off my car and dropped it off at the paint shop. They prepped and sprayed it for 350.00
Old 08-18-13, 04:17 PM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tomkirklan
I have a local shop that takes care of me. I bought a bumper from Sewell, when it got to me it had a huge scratch so I had it resprayed. I just recently pulled the bumper off my car and dropped it off at the paint shop. They prepped and sprayed it for 350.00
This is a killer deal!! Well depending on their work... I would assume they do good work if you are you going back. Care to share the name of the shop? My front bumper has lots of rock chips and pitting. I also got some decent rock chips on my hood. I was considering ordering a new bumper as well but shipping came out to over $200!!!
Old 08-18-13, 06:47 PM
RCM83
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tomkirklan
Is this the same guy that did your wheels Tom? That is a very good price as long as everything matches up well. I'm gonna have to get that guys info from you
Old 08-19-13, 05:45 AM
nonford
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was quoted $1200 from the Lexus Collision Center. But, I also wanted to fill the license plate mount holes. Needless to say, I fabbed it with with two inserts for the time being. Looks good, but I think eventually I'll just get a new one from Sewell. Since I am local, I'll swing by and avoid the shipping, making it even better. Thats a very generous price by them and you cant't beat it.
Old 08-22-13, 05:46 PM
COisF
Rookie

For those who bought the painted Sewell bumper...how was the finish compared to the original paint? I have the license plate holes filled currently with plugs, but figure I may just order the part from Sewell and take care of some rock chips too. Just deciding between the Sewell pre-painted piece or a re-spray as well...
Old 08-22-13, 06:16 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I had mine done for $500 including deleting the plate screw holes. I don't like the idea of buying a new bumper and dead paneling. Every paint color has variations throughout production so it's a gamble as to weather or not it will match perfectly where it meets the fenders edge.
When my painter did my bumper cover he avoided respraying the areas that meet the other panels. He just fans the paint towards those edges and clear coats the whole thing. That will transition a minor shade variation enough to keep it unnoticeable.
My car is an 08' MM with 44k and you can not tell that I had the cover filled and sprayed. My goal was to loose the plate screw holes and fix a few stone chips.

Quick Reply: Anybody have their front bumper resprayed?