Search this Thread

Old 08-09-13, 09:56 PM
gshyu
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by quarius
Welcome and enjoy!

Sounds even so much better when mods are added
Haha a little soon to start thinking about mods! Maybe the first time I get walked by a chipped 335, S4 or C-class!
Old 08-10-13, 02:40 AM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats and welcome bro!
Old 08-10-13, 08:57 AM
boostftw
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

congrats you got the best color.
Old 08-10-13, 11:05 AM
powermungr
Rookie

Congratz! Its a great car. I love the color too.
Old 08-10-13, 11:28 AM
gshyu
Rookie

Re: the color

Not that I had much of a choice among CPO ISFs with the right price and appropriate mileage... But I'm really glad I got Mercury Metallic. My first choice would've been Starfire Pearl (or even Ultra White). Obsidian would look very Batmobile when clean, but my two previous cars were black and what a nightmare they were to try and keep clean...

Anyway, loving the car! Taking the fiancée down to SD for lunch! Have a great weekend!
Old 08-10-13, 05:34 PM
ISFNYC
Driver

congrats and what a great deal
Old 08-10-13, 08:23 PM
jjpb5
Driver School Candidate

I actually just purchased the same color from Eskridge Lexus in Oklahoma this past Thursday. It does have high milage, but I couldn't pass up the deal. I unfortunately have to wait for them to ship me the car now. It is an 08 with 90k miles, but I got the car for $27000.00 out the door. Now I need to decide whether to put my 2012 headlights from my IS350 or sell them for a Joe Z exhaust.

Joined the ISF Family Tonight!!-forumrunner_20130810_212139.png
Old 08-10-13, 08:32 PM
gshyu
Rookie

Congrats on the purchase! A Lexus with 90k miles should still have a bit of kick to it. Enjoy the car, I have so far, that's for sure!
Old 08-11-13, 05:58 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Great purchase/find! I have an 09 w/ 28K miles and this car is rock solid for being +4yrs old. You have a car that will last you as long as you want it. It also seems we have similar tastes in cars, as I used to have a 335i and 2 different S2000s. I enjoyed things about each of those cars, but I can easily say that the ISF is my favorite. You'll hear that "total package" thing get thrown around a lot, but it is true. The car has a great blend of performance, luxury, reliability, practicality and exclusivity. It is really, really hard to imagine another more well-rounded car.
Old 08-12-13, 09:48 AM
gshyu
Rookie

Originally Posted by vbb
Great purchase/find! I have an 09 w/ 28K miles and this car is rock solid for being +4yrs old. You have a car that will last you as long as you want it. It also seems we have similar tastes in cars, as I used to have a 335i and 2 different S2000s. I enjoyed things about each of those cars, but I can easily say that the ISF is my favorite. You'll hear that "total package" thing get thrown around a lot, but it is true. The car has a great blend of performance, luxury, reliability, practicality and exclusivity. It is really, really hard to imagine another more well-rounded car.
Haha yeah, I find that as S2000 owners "grow up" (we adrenaline junkies never really grow up...), we'll either go to a Z4M, M3 or for the not as well compensated like myself, the 335i. Then, BMW will end the honeymoon stage very abruptly with us and soon we'll be well acquainted with their Service Department. Before long, we'll have had enough and revert back to Japanese reliability.

Acura doesn't have anything to offer at this time, Infiniti's motors are bulletproof, but their transmissions are hit or miss... That's when we rediscover the car we might have written off when it was first introduced due to it not being offered with manual transmission... Not exactly the worst thing since age has eaten away the cartilage in our left knee anyway... A few test drives later, we notice that Toyota has also developed their own version of the "VTEC sensation", and I don't mean "VVT-i"... I'm referring to what happens when the 2nd intake opens up in the ISF.

Sold.

That's my story, anyway.
Old 08-12-13, 11:10 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by gshyu
Haha yeah, I find that as S2000 owners "grow up" (we adrenaline junkies never really grow up...), we'll either go to a Z4M, M3 or for the not as well compensated like myself, the 335i. Then, BMW will end the honeymoon stage very abruptly with us and soon we'll be well acquainted with their Service Department. Before long, we'll have had enough and revert back to Japanese reliability.

Acura doesn't have anything to offer at this time, Infiniti's motors are bulletproof, but their transmissions are hit or miss... That's when we rediscover the car we might have written off when it was first introduced due to it not being offered with manual transmission... Not exactly the worst thing since age has eaten away the cartilage in our left knee anyway... A few test drives later, we notice that Toyota has also developed their own version of the "VTEC sensation", and I don't mean "VVT-i"... I'm referring to what happens when the 2nd intake opens up in the ISF.

Sold.

That's my story, anyway.
Not too far off from mine. I got a brand new RSX-S in my mid 20s (first car on my own, before that I was driving hand-me-downs through college and grad school). I was looking hard at a used S2000 vs. a new RSX-S and ultimately the new car factor and utility of the RSX-S won me over. Drove that for 2 years and then decided I really should have gotten the S2K b/c I wasn't married, didn't have kids, and didn't need utility. Drove that for 2 years, got married, and then bought a beater as my daily while the S was my auto-x/weekend car. Kept it another year, wife got pregnant, figured I'd need something with some utility afterall, sold the beater and the S for a brand new 335i the first year they came out in 2007. Picked out all the options, color, everything and followed the build online through BMW's program which was ultra-cool. Got "acquainted" with the service dept and the problems of the N54, and after 2.5 years decided Japanese reliability was where it was at. Got another S2000 and leased a new TSX as my daily. Loved that combo for awhile, then slapped a turbo on my S2000. We had another kid, and the last year I had my S2000 I think I drove it 2500mi total. Realized I was just letting it waste away, plus used S2Ks were going for good prices, so I sold it, traded in my TSX and got the ISF.

That's my story.

The ISF gives me all of the utility I had with the 335 and TSX, all of the speed of my boosted S2K, and all the reliability of my TSX and NA S2000... all rolled in to one package.
Old 08-12-13, 02:22 PM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ROK
you can absolutely tell on "local roads". if you guys ever take a turn quick, it plants itself and puts power down with great traction. if you ever go on mulholland and drive with alacrity with your buddies (lots of fun), you can most definitely sense the superior setup in the '10 and even better 11+.
Same shocks and springs for the 2008-2010. No Difference. Part doesnt change until 2011.

Just so info is accurate.

And welcome to the F world. Love the car. wash her wheels often brake dust will pile up, Save your money on the exhaust ...go str8 to the headers if you want more power. then do the exhaust.
But if you want some nice "audio" get a axle back exhaust save your dough, enjoy the meaner sound....then GO STR8 FOR THE HEADERS! when u get the $$ up

Last edited by NYC ES3; 08-12-13 at 02:30 PM.
Old 08-12-13, 02:34 PM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by vbb
Not too far off from mine. I got a brand new RSX-S in my mid 20s (first car on my own, before that I was driving hand-me-downs through college and grad school). I was looking hard at a used S2000 vs. a new RSX-S and ultimately the new car factor and utility of the RSX-S won me over. Drove that for 2 years and then decided I really should have gotten the S2K b/c I wasn't married, didn't have kids, and didn't need utility. Drove that for 2 years, got married, and then bought a beater as my daily while the S was my auto-x/weekend car. Kept it another year, wife got pregnant, figured I'd need something with some utility afterall, sold the beater and the S for a brand new 335i the first year they came out in 2007. Picked out all the options, color, everything and followed the build online through BMW's program which was ultra-cool. Got "acquainted" with the service dept and the problems of the N54, and after 2.5 years decided Japanese reliability was where it was at. Got another S2000 and leased a new TSX as my daily. Loved that combo for awhile, then slapped a turbo on my S2000. We had another kid, and the last year I had my S2000 I think I drove it 2500mi total. Realized I was just letting it waste away, plus used S2Ks were going for good prices, so I sold it, traded in my TSX and got the ISF.

That's my story.

The ISF gives me all of the utility I had with the 335 and TSX, all of the speed of my boosted S2K, and all the reliability of my TSX and NA S2000... all rolled in to one package.
So all in all - lets just face it.

POUND for POUND nothing can F with the F!
Gotta Love it!
Old 08-12-13, 03:22 PM
ISF4TRACK
Driver School Candidate

Nice find and great pickup. I ditto those who recommend headers first over exhaust. It's a difference you can feel right off the bat.

Enjoy your new ride!
Old 08-12-13, 03:55 PM
raceism
Rookie

welcome and congrats!!

Quick Reply: Joined the ISF Family Tonight!!