IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Vossens Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-13, 09:30 PM
nite
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vossens Question

Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting some CV3's and was wondering which ones are the concave style.

I see on the vossen website pretty much all the front wheels are 9 and the back wheels are 10.5. The back wheels are the ones that look concave (to me atleast).

I had another guy said that number doesn't matter but it's the offset that gives it that concave look.

I'm pretty confused, can anyone clear this up for me?

Also, seeing that EVERY IS/ISF is 20x9 in front and 20x10.5 in back, could I do 20x10.5 all around and give the whole car the concave look?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-05-13, 11:30 PM
Polkman
Driver

I'm rocking 19s CV3s, 8.5 fronts and 10 rears. I do believe if you want the concave look go with the 20s, as the 19s don't seem to be as aggressive looking. However I do prefer 19s over 20s due to the comfort and lighter weight.
Old 08-06-13, 05:29 AM
r45t4m4n
Driver School Candidate

So many better wheels than Vossen. Truthfully I think they are extremely overpriced seeing as they are heavy cast wheels.
Old 08-06-13, 08:22 AM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Id rather find a used set of some jdm wheels but to answer your question the 9" front and 10.5" rear combo is what works best. dual concave all around wont look right unless your stance is perfect and then youd have to run some stretched tires up front and i dont even know if the 10.5" rim would clear the calipers....

so stick with whats proven and what most guys on this forum run
Old 08-06-13, 09:58 AM
Diego@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

20x9 / 20x10.5 is recommended for your car. 20x9 have a slight concave and 20x10.5 has a deep concave for a staggered look. 20x10.5 is not recommended up front because it will sit too aggressive and will require modifications to make it work. Our 20x10.5 +45 will hit the inside control arm up front and the +25 will stick out to much. I heard of a few people going with our 20x10.0 CV3 which comes with a 45 offsets as well, but also had to roll/pull fenders and stretch the tires to make this work. Our recommended setup is perfect for the IS and requires no modifications or use of spacers for a flush look.
Old 08-06-13, 11:41 AM
nite
Driver School Candidate

The reason I ask is I saw a good price for some used ones. He has 20x9 up front and 20x10.5 in rear with 45mm offset. The link is below. Would this be a good fit and will the rears have the concave look?

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/pts/3975606741.html
Old 08-19-13, 07:26 PM
nite
Driver School Candidate

Default tire size

Hey guys, so I ended up getting these CV3's. 10.5 in rear and 9 in front. I bought them used so the tires that came with them are rubbing a bit when 2 people sit in the back. And a very slight rub on sharp turns on the front. My question is what kind of tires should I put on them (front and rear) to make sure I get no rubbing??

The tires that came with the wheels are 285/30/20 in rear and 245/35/20 in front. Thanks in advance
Old 08-19-13, 09:12 PM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Rears are fine jut shave your fenders a little fronts are too tall need a 245/30
Old 08-19-13, 09:21 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Murph145
Rears are fine jut shave your fenders a little fronts are too tall need a 245/30
245/35 is very close to the 285/30 in overall diameter..going 245/30 will leave him with very little tire (pretty much rubber bands). I had 245/30 on before and the ride quality was pretty much sh_t.

IMO you should always run proper sized tires (this include width and sidewall height).. with that being said, if you're rubbing with Vossen specs (they are not aggressive at all.. actually they are incredibly conservative) then you need more camber or raise the car. I don't think the height would be an issue here, Hewitt has Vossens in the same size and is very low.. so camber adjustment to properly dial in the front and have the rears clear the wide 285's.

I am also a big hater on shaved fenders/quarter panels.. leaves your fenders with very little rigidity afterwards. If you bottom out and your wheel kisses the fender, say goodbye to the fender.. same goes with the quarter panel
Old 08-20-13, 05:35 AM
ROK
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Lol smh isfpat don't dole out advice when u really don't know what you're talking about. Thing is he isn't the only one in this thread. Poor form. Op, pm me if u want some good advice.
Old 08-20-13, 06:58 AM
mgzt
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not Vossen? Is it that heavy? Sorry, new guy here and looking for wheels in near future so any advice would be great. Thanks.
Old 08-20-13, 08:04 AM
CUTigers
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ROK
Lol smh isfpat don't dole out advice when u really don't know what you're talking about. Thing is he isn't the only one in this thread. Poor form. Op, pm me if u want some good advice.
if your advice is so awesome, put it out here so OP and others can learn it also..
Old 08-20-13, 10:45 AM
Polkman
Driver

I dislike shaved fenders as well... I love my CV3 19s, however if I were to take my car to the track, I would stick with your stocks.
Old 08-20-13, 11:11 AM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ROK
Have someone PM you for advice? LOL you're still butthurt because I called you out on your lack of knowledge in properly fitting wheels on your car. I actually specified my advice with content and actual experience with the size tires he's trying to run so I KNOW what I'm talking about.

Don't troll my posts when you came in this forum bashing older model year owners, receiving a bad rep then digging yourself a bigger hole when you asked 4 pages of questions on your wheel thread just to get proper fitting wheels THEN going with HRE specs in the end.

Here's my advice for you, stop being pathetic. You have zero credibility and you proved that you're a child that needs other forum members to hold your hand through the process of deciding wheel specs.
Old 08-20-13, 11:55 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ROK
Originally Posted by ISFpat
Have someone PM you for advice? LOL you're still butthurt because I called you out on your lack of knowledge in properly fitting wheels on your car. I actually specified my advice with content and actual experience with the size tires he's trying to run so I KNOW what I'm talking about.

Don't troll my posts when you came in this forum bashing older model year owners, receiving a bad rep then digging yourself a bigger hole when you asked 4 pages of questions on your wheel thread just to get proper fitting wheels THEN going with HRE specs in the end.

Here's my advice for you, stop being pathetic. You have zero credibility and you proved that you're a child that needs other forum members to hold your hand through the process of deciding wheel specs.

Quick Reply: Vossens Question