IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

C63 owner about to convert

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-13, 09:39 AM
CUTigers
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No tune, not happening considering its been 5+ years. With Headers/exhaust people hit 400whp and some even add some spray to hit 500.

All 2010+ have LSD, all 2011 have LSD+some other cosmetic stuff.

Can always hit up dragtimes to see what people run with different set ups and real world results.
Old 08-03-13, 09:40 AM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

i saw the weistec c63 at the airstrip showdown in cali. omg!!! that thing is ridiculous!!
Old 08-03-13, 09:41 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

definately look at 2011+ ones if you can. They have a big suspension revision that makes it more comfortable to drive but also faster than the previous years. Plus they got the LSD. Then 2012+ got wider wheels
Old 08-03-13, 09:45 AM
CUTigers
Lead Lap

idk why every always hates on the earlier suspension for comfortable. I have zero problem with it, even my gf and other girls say its not that bad that reviews make it out to be.
Old 08-03-13, 09:48 AM
testmetest
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Jordan,

You may want to wait if you can for the new ISF/RCF coming 2015. It will be much nicer (digital display) than the current iterations.

To give you my pros/cons:

Pros:
1. Sounds like sex when you floor it. It's addictive.
2. Bruce Banner / Hulk. Comfortable to use as a daily driver, but when you floor it, drive around the twisties, it turned into the Hulk.
3. It's a sleeper. No one pays attention to it or cares about it. Which suits my personality just fine. I like that it blends in. Ride side by side an M3 on the highway and the M3 will be pulled over.
4. Reliability. I abuse it (Constantly flooring it, etc.) and I'm over 99,000 km (61,500 miles) and nothing is broken, needs replacing etc. I change the tires when they wear and only needed to change the brakes/rotors once.

Cons:
1. I think the exterior styling is a bit dated. (will be fixed with the 2015 ISF/RCF)
2. It's 4 doors (will be fixed with 2015 RCF)
3. Limited aftermarket stuff if that's your scene.

You asked about tuning, I have heard good things about JoeZ exhaust. There are youtube videos if you want to hear it. It adds sounds but not hp is my understanding. Other with more knowledge can correct me.

Regarding your question about parts availability. 99,000km (61,500 miles) and nothing has broken or need repairing. I don't need parts.

The longest I haven't had my car was 2 day when I had my brakes/tire changed along with the 50,000 service. But I think that was because they did the service and were waiting for me to tell them whether to do the brakes or not.

All other times I had same day service for the 10,000 miles, 30,000 mile services, etc. They either gave me loaners, or picked the car up from me (whichever I asked for).

Last edited by testmetest; 08-03-13 at 09:51 AM.
Old 08-03-13, 09:59 AM
NotnFsport
Instructor

i dynoed low...340 to be exact at stock. with joez exhaust and drop in filter..358. after headers ..398
Old 08-03-13, 10:09 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Welcome to the ISF family
Old 08-03-13, 11:55 AM
jordanaf

Originally Posted by amgone75
i saw the weistec c63 at the airstrip showdown in cali. omg!!! that thing is ridiculous!!
Yeah, Weistec has some serious power. The price for Stage 3 Supercharger.........$16K!! But the Weistec cars are beasts. I replace rear tires 3 times a year. Those guys must just eat tires every weekend.

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
definately look at 2011+ ones if you can. They have a big suspension revision that makes it more comfortable to drive but also faster than the previous years. Plus they got the LSD. Then 2012+ got wider wheels
I'm looking at a 2013. Wider wheels though? I guess. What were under the earlier ISF's? I was already running 275's and was trying to put 310's. It was going to be a lot of bodywork, though. The rear quarters in the C63 had zero flare.

Originally Posted by testmetest
Hi Jordan,

You may want to wait if you can for the new ISF/RCF coming 2015. It will be much nicer (digital display) than the current iterations.

To give you my pros/cons:

Pros:
1. Sounds like sex when you floor it. It's addictive.
2. Bruce Banner / Hulk. Comfortable to use as a daily driver, but when you floor it, drive around the twisties, it turned into the Hulk.
3. It's a sleeper. No one pays attention to it or cares about it. Which suits my personality just fine. I like that it blends in. Ride side by side an M3 on the highway and the M3 will be pulled over.
4. Reliability. I abuse it (Constantly flooring it, etc.) and I'm over 99,000 km (61,500 miles) and nothing is broken, needs replacing etc. I change the tires when they wear and only needed to change the brakes/rotors once.

Cons:
1. I think the exterior styling is a bit dated. (will be fixed with the 2015 ISF/RCF)
2. It's 4 doors (will be fixed with 2015 RCF)
3. Limited aftermarket stuff if that's your scene.

You asked about tuning, I have heard good things about JoeZ exhaust. There are youtube videos if you want to hear it. It adds sounds but not hp is my understanding. Other with more knowledge can correct me.

Regarding your question about parts availability. 99,000km (61,500 miles) and nothing has broken or need repairing. I don't need parts.

The longest I haven't had my car was 2 day when I had my brakes/tire changed along with the 50,000 service. But I think that was because they did the service and were waiting for me to tell them whether to do the brakes or not.

All other times I had same day service for the 10,000 miles, 30,000 mile services, etc. They either gave me loaners, or picked the car up from me (whichever I asked for).
Thank you so much for that write up. It is greatly appreciated. I am looking for a sedan, though. It's just really reassuring that all of you so far have beat on your cars and kept them out of the shop. Mine were in and out for various things. It has been frustrating at times. But then you get back behind the wheel and suddenly, all that is forgotten. The C63 is such a beast.

Originally Posted by amgone75
i dynoed low...340 to be exact at stock. with joez exhaust and drop in filter..358. after headers ..398
Former AMG owner, huh? How did you feel about your dyno runs? Even at 398, which i assume takes some money, is a lot lower than I'm used to. But, I really could use a comfortable ride. I am on the highway every other weekend and even at highway speeds, the C63 gets uncomfortable really quickly. It hurts to admit it, but true.

Originally Posted by blitz_714
Welcome to the ISF family
Thank you. I hope to be an owner. I have found it hard to put my hands on one and get my a$$ in the seat. I am curious of production numbers. I have only been able to find one 2013 and it's 80 miles away. It's a 2013 ISF Base, not sure what that means. I didn't know that there are different ISF platforms. I thought that they were all optioned the same. I'm guessing not, now. After reading some stickies and following some of you guys threads, I haven't heard anyone say that, "I sure wish I stepped up and got option 'X' or went with the 'blank' interior with nav." I just haven't seen that yet.

Trying to arrange a test drive this week. Fingers crossed. And I really want to take it out without the salesman.
Old 08-03-13, 11:58 AM
jordanaf

Originally Posted by CUTigers
No tune, not happening considering its been 5+ years. With Headers/exhaust people hit 400whp and some even add some spray to hit 500.

All 2010+ have LSD, all 2011 have LSD+some other cosmetic stuff.

Can always hit up dragtimes to see what people run with different set ups and real world results.
No tune, not happening? That's a real bummer, especially after 5 years. No spray for me.

Good to know I don't have to fork over $2k+ for an LSD, like the C63. It is always an add-on. there are packages to get you one, but again those packages cost money. So in the Merc world, you always have to pony-up for an LSD.
Old 08-03-13, 12:59 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

First of all, welcome and I got take my hats off. Most people do not consider another brand or keep an open mind about things.

I think the rest of the crew here covered everything I would. I think it really comes down to what you want to do next.

It sounds like you know your stuff when it comes to building (I mean modding) an AMG vehicle.

The F does not have have that kind of aftermarket support, but as others mentioned, it's very very reliable and comfortable to drive.

The 2nd gen is around the corner, but I feel you should at least test drive a 2012 or a 2013 to get an idea how the car behaves, etc.

I got to drive my buddy's stock C63 some months ago, and I did like it. It was a BEAST on steroids, I can only imagine what that car can do with 600 RWHP.

Either way you go, have fun with the next project.
Old 08-03-13, 01:04 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Jordan: Welcome to the forum. As many have said, if you switch from the C63 to the ISF, you'll be giving up power for reliability. With the major bolt ons for this car, you're looking at around 410whp (or roughly 500 at the crank). If you're coming from a car with close to 600 at the wheels, I fear you're always going to feel like the car is a little slow/underpowered. There aren't too many cars out there that will make the ISF seem weak, but a modded C63 or GTR are definitely two of the more common ones.

If you're looking for a Japanese performance sedan, this is definitely the car to buy. If you're looking for way better gas mileage, you'll find it here. To me, and to just about everyone here, the reliability is worth the lack of aftermarket support. Plus the car is super rare. You'll come across car guys who have never even heard of the ISF, much less seen one. That's pretty cool. And anyway, I've got more than enough power to get me in trouble, so more would be cool, but never really in use. This car will pull hard well into the triple digits without running out of breath.

In short, the car is worth a hard look, but test drive one to make sure you can live with the power difference than what you're used to.
Old 08-03-13, 02:19 PM
tgui
Pole Position

500HP at the crank with all the bolt ons with the ISF. Not too shabby but not the beast levels of output you can get from a C63/CTSV and so forth.

Considering how the ISF was a skunkworks type projects, its amazing how reliable the car is. How the hell do the Germans **** it up with their cars?! At some point in my life I want to own a C63, M3, M5, S7 and so forth, but not until they get their act together. My wife has a lady boner for a new 5 series now but I told her that I would only support her getting a non-turbo just because of the issues seen with their turbo engines.

(let it be known I'm not a controlling husband, she has a PHD, makes good money, its just me that has to deal with **** when it breaks)

What was the topic?
Old 08-03-13, 05:09 PM
roswell
Pole Position

Love this thread, great infos guys.. Keep them coming!
Old 08-03-13, 05:40 PM
NotnFsport
Instructor

im very content with the power i put down. its just frustrating that theres no tune for US ecus. but i love the F and im sure you will too hit me up anytime for more info
Old 08-03-13, 05:49 PM
ariescrown
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Can someone help me. I am a new member who has an important post to make but I don't know how to do so. Thanks,

Quick Reply: C63 owner about to convert