IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

2015 new IS F coupe

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-13, 09:29 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was at JM Lexus in South Florida last week checking our the Golden Opportunity promotion, sales guy was trying to get me in a new Lexus leaving my ISF as a trade in. Since I didn't bite they brought the sales manager, then the finance manager, and then some sort of general manager. I explained that I wouldn't trade in my ISF for any car in the showroom other than the 2 LFAs that they had (given than they drop the price on them at least $300k, LOL). I told him that I'd wait for the upcoming RCF, that's when things got interesting. The general manager looked at me and asked what the RCF was. I noticed that he was trying to see how much information I had. I said that it's well known that the ISF is being discontinued, that the replacement car would be the RCF, a coupe version of the IS line. He interrupted me and said that it is actually based on the LF-CC, mix of the IS and GS frame (I suspect its wheelbase is longer than the current IS). He asked me about HP and I said 450+, he confirmed it and said that it'd be a V8. Then he asked about price, I said it should be in the $70k range, he said "try higher, in the $90k range". That's it guys, information coming from the biggest dealer in the East coast (and arguably the biggest in the US).
Old 08-14-13, 09:34 AM
SCStallion
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It'll be a hot seller. It's more aggressive looking than the M3 for sure.
Old 08-14-13, 01:37 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Juanca
I was at JM Lexus in South Florida last week checking our the Golden Opportunity promotion, sales guy was trying to get me in a new Lexus leaving my ISF as a trade in. Since I didn't bite they brought the sales manager, then the finance manager, and then some sort of general manager. I explained that I wouldn't trade in my ISF for any car in the showroom other than the 2 LFAs that they had (given than they drop the price on them at least $300k, LOL). I told him that I'd wait for the upcoming RCF, that's when things got interesting. The general manager looked at me and asked what the RCF was. I noticed that he was trying to see how much information I had. I said that it's well known that the ISF is being discontinued, that the replacement car would be the RCF, a coupe version of the IS line. He interrupted me and said that it is actually based on the LF-CC, mix of the IS and GS frame (I suspect its wheelbase is longer than the current IS). He asked me about HP and I said 450+, he confirmed it and said that it'd be a V8. Then he asked about price, I said it should be in the $70k range, he said "try higher, in the $90k range". That's it guys, information coming from the biggest dealer in the East coast (and arguably the biggest in the US).
$90K ? No thanks, I rather keep the F and buy a GTR for that kind of money, but thats just me
Old 08-14-13, 01:45 PM
baddis es
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Probably a fully optioned RC-F...or RC-F with dealer mark-up

It'll start in the high 60's and top off in the low 80's IMO...more than that and you're in M3/4-RS5 territory
Old 08-14-13, 01:52 PM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

They won't price it $20k higher than it's rival the M4 unless they are targeting the M6 as it's rival which would be a dumb idea. It will be priced like an M4 I imagine. I bet every dealer has their opinion on the new RC F and all prob claim they have "inside information".
Old 08-14-13, 08:22 PM
lexsane
Pole Position

they don't know nothing. they know as much as we know. They find out the day before we do.
They were just trying to get you to buy something now..thats how they keep the lights on.
Anyway if it's over 70 then I'm getting something else.
Old 08-14-13, 08:45 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Lexus will loose me as a customer once the RC-F is priced over 80K. Hello GT-R!
Old 08-14-13, 09:05 PM
pc1990
Pole Position

Red face

This looks sick! ...The design is aggressive but handsome at the same time. If it does indeed look like this along with the performance bump, i would definitely trade up. Now i just need to save up!!!
Old 08-15-13, 10:55 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

My comment about the pricing (coming from JM Lexus) goes along with the recent article from MotorTrend, I guess not many people have read it.

http://www.motortrend.com/future/con...ew_lexus_rc_f/
Old 08-15-13, 12:37 PM
Endgame
Driver

I saw that article and is what I based my comments on. I guess we will see, but as someone said earlier for that type of money, many will go GTR; unless they want Lexus reliability and the lovely sound of a V8.
Old 08-15-13, 04:08 PM
LexIS007
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Waiting for the new M3/M4 because BMW is definitely going the enthusiast route and offering turbocharged engines across the board (M3, M4, M5, M6, X5M, etc...)....maybe not the most reliable route, but definitely the most enthusiast based route. Toyota learned their lesson with the Supra Turbo aftermarket....great car as it is/was, in today's society, they DO NOT want to take a chance on boosted cars. BMW can because they don't rely on selling cars based on customer service and such....Lexus does! So, imagine a bunch of tuners buying a turbo Lexus and coming into the dealer after blowing their engines and Lexus saying "sorry, we won't fix it." I don't think Lexus wants that kind of publicity....BMW on the other hand has/does/will continue to treat its customers like crap because no matter what BS they throw at their customers, they seem to be coming back for more.
Old 08-15-13, 05:07 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Juanca
My comment about the pricing (coming from JM Lexus) goes along with the recent article from MotorTrend, I guess not many people have read it.

http://www.motortrend.com/future/con...ew_lexus_rc_f/
A lot of people have read that article, and a lot of people pointed out how the article messed up on the pricing. That article is actually base upon the Australian RC-F, and it didn't do an accurate conversion from to US dollars.

It took into account the exchange ratio, but it forgot that cars in AU are generally price higher, ex: an IS-F over there is over 100k. If you do the conversion to US dollars, the IS-F is above 80k, which is not true.
Old 08-15-13, 06:50 PM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by baddis es
Probably a fully optioned RC-F...or RC-F with dealer mark-up

It'll start in the high 60's and top off in the low 80's IMO...more than that and you're in M3/4-RS5 territory
Isn't the RS5 like $75k base?
Old 08-15-13, 08:25 PM
lexsane
Pole Position

Lexus is going to have it priced competitively with the M4. Thats who they are going after. The big reason alot of people went the IS-F route was no gas guzzler tax and a fully loaded F was 10K cheaper than a loaded M3. All the articles and dealer mumbo jumbo is just speculation.
It is just frustrating because I'm trying to plan out my next vehicle but we won't know to much for a least another year
Old 08-15-13, 09:15 PM
MllG0
Driver School Candidate

Has anyone seen this? Could this be a preview of what the 2015 RC-F might look like?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eiBZ...ature=youtu.be

Quick Reply: 2015 new IS F coupe