IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

People suck....the end

Old 08-03-13, 05:55 AM
SatComm302
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vbb
For the few of you that have suggested that he get a firearm... remember, you can't use deadly force (a gun) to protect your property unless the thief has somehow put you in fear of imminent bodily harm. This means, if your car is parked outside on the street and you are inside your house and happen to see the theft in progress, you can't pull out a gun and start shooting.

Now if someone enters your home to steal or tries to carjack you, different story.
Not if he lived in Texas...
Old 08-03-13, 05:56 AM
SatComm302
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the link. Which one fits the IS-F stock wheels?
Old 08-03-13, 06:47 AM
CUTigers
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Roffles
That's a sorry sight and I'm sorry that happened to you. Your 2010 rims will stick out like a sore thumb on anything but an F so keep a look out. You should be able to replace them for less than 3k shopping here at club lexus. Good luck and I hope you keep her garaged in the future.
Im sure he wants retail price since I assume he is going through insurance. Happened to my Lightning back in the day.
Old 08-03-13, 07:24 AM
GriMan
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dayum!!! That does sucks dude. Sorry to see this. Another reason to garage my F. Good luck fixing it.
Old 08-04-13, 04:47 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BIG thanks guys. Love this forum.

She's in the shop now, they are taking a look under the car where the bricks where. One the bright side I'm getting my front bumper repainted and getting the new 2012 rims(14 spoke)

Oh yeah, she's def getting garaged every night now
Old 08-04-13, 04:57 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF001
Years ago a few morons were trying to steal wheels off of another car that was not garaged. They met my best friend Duke at the time--a 100 pound male Doberman.

That was the end of the attempted theft.
My favorite dog. I wish I had a fenced in front lot now

Originally Posted by dmvp29
1) Get a home security system (with cameras)
2) Get a video recorder for your car
3) Aftermarket wheel locks

I need to do #2 myself.
Security cameras are easily smashed How does #2 work?

Originally Posted by Clownshoes
I have an AR up for sale right now. Nice DPMS heavy barrel job. Would make very short work of a wheel theif. Nice 3-9X40 scope on it.

You're in Florida, you were just standing your ground.
I can't shoot first but they definitely would have had my shotgun up their azz if I heard em

Originally Posted by lexsane
happened to me too but before i had the F. They even unscrewed my motion sensor light above my from door. Now I have high up flood lights, park the car in the garage every night, and i got camera's.
Was going to get a tilt sensor but it will go off if you park on an incline or decline.
If someone really wants your car they will get it but you gotta make it as difficult as possible for them so they will forget you and move on to another mark. sorry bro.. park it in the garage everynight
Yeah these guys just smashed or unscrew the motion sensor on flood lights. I wanna put em high up but next would be on the roof Can you take a pic of yours so I can see where you put em?

Originally Posted by Pqbrown
Freaking Miami. What a ****hole, sorry about your loss bro!

Originally Posted by Juanca
Hey Danny, I'm in shock to see your car like that! I know where you live and your neighborhood is good, I can't see it happening there!

As many people have said, check on eBay, Craigslist, and the local pawn shops. Having your TPMS IDs handy will help in case some wheels are found by the police. Let me know, I have a TPMS reader to get the original IDs from your ECU, and a TPMS scanner to scan on-the-fly TPMS IDs from wheels. Also, I'd consider an alarm with proximity/shock/tilt sensor. A good Clifford will cost you around $400 installed.

Good luck!
Thanks doggy! I wasn't gonna go the alarm route cause the cause is stock but now Im really thinking bout it. I just hate how they always go off in weather