IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

2011 ISF 16k miles, $53k, deal or no deal

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-13, 10:45 PM
webhed
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2011 ISF 16k miles, $53k, deal or no deal

So I just got back from checking out a '11 ISF at a BMW dealership.

BLUF

$52,995 + $1578 tax and $195 fee,

Got offered 19,500 trade in for my 06 GS430 (27K miles)

Should I jump on it? Here's the cars.com ad

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1

3 wheels has significant curbage and had previous "frontal damage" as stated on the carfax report.

Last edited by webhed; 07-26-13 at 10:56 PM.
Old 07-26-13, 10:56 PM
farpetrad
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If there's damage to the front end and three wheels not worth it IMO.
Old 07-26-13, 11:40 PM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Not a deal I'd pass on it
Old 07-26-13, 11:49 PM
9aristo
Pole Position

i'd let that car sit, and let the dealer lower it's asking price on par with it's value.

reported accidents mess up the value of the car - with matters related to trade-in, insurance claims, etc.

if I were in your financial situation, i'd be looking at the new GS.
Old 07-26-13, 11:51 PM
9aristo
Pole Position

i just noticed you were in hawaii. Makes the F rarer I suppose. I would still avoid being pressured into this specific IS-F.

I'd wait for another used F, or get the new GS/IS!
Old 07-27-13, 12:15 AM
webhed
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 9aristo
i'd let that car sit, and let the dealer lower it's asking price on par with it's value.

reported accidents mess up the value of the car - with matters related to trade-in, insurance claims, etc.

if I were in your financial situation, i'd be looking at the new GS.
You make a good point regarding significance of what any type accident does to the value of the car. I'm actually gonna use that strategy of letting the car sit maybe another week or 2. Then walk back in to the dealer for my next offer(s)

Originally Posted by 9aristo
i just noticed you were in hawaii. Makes the F rarer I suppose. I would still avoid being pressured into this specific IS-F.

I'd wait for another used F, or get the new GS/IS!
This is the only downfall with being on this rock, there's not too many opportunities like this one on getting a decent deal on an ISF. As far as the new GS or IS, I"m pretty much set on the ISF.
Old 07-27-13, 12:59 AM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by webhed
You make a good point regarding significance of what any type accident does to the value of the car. I'm actually gonna use that strategy of letting the car sit maybe another week or 2. Then walk back in to the dealer for my next offer(s)

This is the only downfall with being on this rock, there's not too many opportunities like this one on getting a decent deal on an ISF. As far as the new GS or IS, I"m pretty much set on the ISF.
Get one shipped to you! Plenty of my friends did this when they moved there! Find one you really liked and the cost of shipping isn't so bad
Old 07-27-13, 04:31 AM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll sell you my ISF for $54k and you cover shipping from Guam to Hawaii. No accidents, the car is garage kept with low miles, aftermarket parts, and all stock parts included..

Here's the link: http://micronesia.craigslist.org/cto/3889103887.html

Let me know, shoots bro!
Old 07-27-13, 06:01 AM
IsfClyde
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SexyLexus
I'll sell you my ISF for $54k and you cover shipping from Guam to Hawaii. No accidents, the car is garage kept with low miles, aftermarket parts, and all stock parts included..

Let me know, shoots bro!
That's an awesome deal for your car. Someone pick this beauty up
Old 07-27-13, 07:05 AM
GriMan
Pole Position

If you want a clean F, Shipping from Cali to hawaii is gonna cost you bout $1100. Just a thought.
Old 07-27-13, 10:03 AM
webhed
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1SexyLexus

Let me know, shoots bro!
Nice car man, clean and simple which is just the way I want it. Not sure what shipping is like from Guam to Hawaii but it sure is tempting. Still, I'd want to test drive it though so that's another cost for round trip airfare, or maybe take a MAC flight, lol.
Old 07-27-13, 10:05 AM
webhed
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GriMan
If you want a clean F, Shipping from Cali to hawaii is gonna cost you bout $1100. Just a thought.
Yes, just like MK4Sup_isF mentioned as well I am definitely consider that option. Need to sell my GS430 first before looking out of state.
Old 07-27-13, 10:34 AM
GriMan
Pole Position

Dayum!!! I just check shipping rates from guam to hawaii. All i can say is, its very pricey. $4k +. Ouch. 1sexylexus, why are you selling your F? Your F Looks good bro.
Old 07-27-13, 11:03 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

As others have said, that's not a deal I'd jump on given the damage/repair. See if you can get it for $51K out the door... or make them give you a few grand more on your trade. Your trade has very low mileage.
Old 07-27-13, 04:21 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Thanks guys! and to the OP sorry not trying to thread jack LOL

Originally Posted by IsfClyde
That's an awesome deal for your car. Someone pick this beauty up
Thanks bro, I just wish others here on Guam thought the same, then my car would of been sold a long time ago. Most people out here cant afford a beauty like the F, let alone a fixed up one.

Originally Posted by webhed
Nice car man, clean and simple which is just the way I want it. Not sure what shipping is like from Guam to Hawaii but it sure is tempting. Still, I'd want to test drive it though so that's another cost for round trip airfare, or maybe take a MAC flight, lol.
Thanks bro I try to keep the F clean and simple looking. A wolf in sheep's clothing MAC flights to Guam are frequent and would be easier from Hawaii to Guam, but Guam to Hawaii, you would have a little of a wait. You can check out the Andersen AFB PAX Terminal Flight schedule, spacing and availability. My asking price is $54,000, but that is negotiable, minus the rims, I should be able to sell for $52k with the stock Neiman Marcus wheels PM me if you are that interested and ill hook you up bro.

Originally Posted by GriMan
Dayum!!! I just check shipping rates from guam to hawaii. All i can say is, its very pricey. $4k +. Ouch. 1sexylexus, why are you selling your F? Your F Looks good bro.
Since the shipping from Guam to Hawaii is roughly $4k (That should factor in the container, shipping fees, insurance, and maybe importation tax?) <- but not too sure about that one.

I'm selling just to sell. Ive had the car for alil over a year and only put 4,7XXmi on the car. So I barely drive it at all, if any. Its just a carshow winning garage queen No rush to sell though, just trying to help a brother out.

Quick Reply: 2011 ISF 16k miles, $53k, deal or no deal