IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISS Forged Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-13, 05:20 AM
mikedtrd
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well when I ordered it back in May I knew I wouldn't receive the exhaust for a few months but didn't expect the wait to be this long... and it seems ISS Forged can't commit to a finish date.

I'll give them a call today
Old 09-26-13, 08:48 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

AFAIK ISS discontinued the QES but not the DES. They also discontinued the Ti tips.

I'm not sure about current pricing but I paid WAY less than $2K early last year. Also ISS owns an 08 ISF that they use for test fitting their exhaust, wheels, and any other part that they come up with.

Is there really high demand for ISF exhausts? I don't think so, try to get 20 people on a GB and it'll take months! Parts for our ISF are not in high demand, the aftermarket is so small that the few companies that come up with something are taking a risk.
Old 09-26-13, 08:59 AM
ULTSISF
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The DES is discontinued also, they are doing their last run on the exhaust. I spoke to the owner of ISS personally he mentioned there was not enough demand with the exhaust that's why the long wait/reason for discontinuing the exhaust. I'm a fair believer that if a GB of 10+ gets together they won't have a problem building it they just won't take the time to build 1-2 exhaust. Those that ordered exhaust should have their by October/Nov a friend of mines is listed to received one and mentioned to me ISS said sometime in October. Hope this helps with all the confusion.
Old 09-26-13, 09:18 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Too bad that they discontinued the DES, it's a great looking exhaust, it sounds awesome, and quality is top notch. Since I have PPE headers plus the DES, my tips are all black, and I haven't cleaned them up because they look good as matte black. This past weekend, after the car wash, I decided to get the black out of the tips, but I was afraid to find them rusted, yellowish, etc. After spraying degreaser and using a rug towel, the tips shine like I installed the exhaust yesterday, a perfect chrome shine! No signs or decoloration, great quality. I've had the exhaust for 17k miles and the headers for 13k miles, no leaks at all, good power increase, I couldn't be happier.
Old 09-26-13, 11:42 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by ULTSISF
The DES is discontinued also, they are doing their last run on the exhaust. I spoke to the owner of ISS personally he mentioned there was not enough demand with the exhaust that's why the long wait/reason for discontinuing the exhaust. I'm a fair believer that if a GB of 10+ gets together they won't have a problem building it they just won't take the time to build 1-2 exhaust. Those that ordered exhaust should have their by October/Nov a friend of mines is listed to received one and mentioned to me ISS said sometime in October. Hope this helps with all the confusion.
Well this news really sucks b/c I was just doing a full comparison b/t the ISS systems and the Joe-Z. I want the Joe-Z sound, but the ISS look. I like the full pipe look of the ISS coming out of the bumper, whereas Joe-Z still employs the stock tips.

FWIW, I was on the ISS site yesterday and it said nothing about the discontinuation. And for anyone who cares, here's what I came up with:

ISS QES - $2,750 + shipping. Dyno tested gains of ~30-37 whp.
ISS DES - $2,250 + shipping. Dyno tested gains of ~25 whp.
Joe-Z - $1,599 (nothing about shipping stated). Dyno test show ~20 whp.

Lastly, here's a fantastic video with 14 different I/H/E setups from the Dover Mega Meet in April; just in case anyone wanted to hear how each one sounded.

Last edited by melbitoast; 09-26-13 at 11:45 AM.
Old 09-26-13, 11:48 AM
ULTSISF
Lead Lap

^^unfortunately it is discontinued and I'm afraid it will become one of those "rare" items that everyone wants down the road.
Old 09-26-13, 11:59 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

^^unfortunately it is discontinued and I'm afraid it will become one of those "rare" items that everyone wants down the road.
Well that really stinks.

Does anyone know if the Joe-Z exhaust has the option to have full pipes from the muffler the extend out to where the stock tips are (i.e. ISS look)?
Old 09-26-13, 12:09 PM
ULTSISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by melbitoast
Well that really stinks.

Does anyone know if the Joe-Z exhaust has the option to have full pipes from the muffler the extend out to where the stock tips are (i.e. ISS look)?
I hope joeZ is working on that idea.
Old 09-26-13, 01:55 PM
LOLM3
Pole Position

Well that really stinks.

I am working with Vivid Racing and FIGS to produce an exhaust that will be a good alternative to those wanting the ISS exhausts (it will be like the Greddy where the OEM tips can be retained or the add on ones supplied could be used) and with the inclusion of EV! We will have a thread posted soon to see if there's any interest!

Last edited by LOLM3; 09-26-13 at 01:58 PM.
Old 09-26-13, 01:57 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well that really stinks.

Nope.. you're better off buying a whole new muffler which will literally waste a good Joe Z exhaust lol
Old 09-26-13, 02:07 PM
ULTSISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LOLM3
I am working with Vivid Racing and FIGS to produce an exhaust that will be a good alternative to those wanting the ISS exhausts (it will be like the Greddy where the OEM tips can be retained or the add on ones supplied could be used) and with the inclusion of EV! We will have a thread posted soon to see if there's any interest!
Hopefully it doesn't cost an arm/leg
Old 09-26-13, 02:19 PM
LOLM3
Pole Position

Hopefully it doesn't cost an arm/leg
Depending on your options and if Titanium becomes an option then...
It will be competitively priced that's for sure.
Old 09-26-13, 02:51 PM
ULTSISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LOLM3
Depending on your options and if Titanium becomes an option then...
It will be competitively priced that's for sure.
True that