IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

What would you pay - this ISF?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-13, 12:39 PM
whattheF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would you pay - this ISF?

Looking to buy an ISF? What would you pay for this?

08 SFP - 41K miles - $37K asking

Concerns are the accident and modification (KN intake).

Thanks.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...gIndex=3&Log=0
Old 07-15-13, 12:46 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think 34k is about the max I would pay for this due to the accident. Make sure you inspect the repaired side to make sure the lines are straight and color matches with the rest of the car.
Old 07-15-13, 01:27 PM
whattheF
Driver School Candidate

34k out the door?
Old 07-15-13, 01:30 PM
Sello
Pole Position

33k out the door that's about what I paid similar mileage no accidents
Old 07-15-13, 03:05 PM
whattheF
Driver School Candidate

That's a great deal sello.

Dealer won't budge on price, crazy.

So the search continues...
Old 07-15-13, 05:03 PM
scamsel
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by whattheF
That's a great deal sello.

Dealer won't budge on price, crazy.

So the search continues...
hey whatthe, i have the guys email for that F (if you wanted), its on consignment at that dealer (still, i believe). owner told me he'd do 36, assuming he still owns it he might go lower now, but i thinks not much

the accident was the driver side passenger door replaced, painted, and quarter panel repainted. fyi
Old 07-15-13, 05:07 PM
05Mdriver
Driver School Candidate

there are enough of these that I would def look to buy one with no accident history.. it may cost more up front, but will help with resale later.
Old 07-15-13, 05:51 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

This is a $48k buy in Philly. Given the accident, I think the price is quite fair--a great buy--if it was properly repaired. Have an independent Lexus dealership give it a glance for a small cost if you are serious.
Old 07-15-13, 06:45 PM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

Don't let the intake sway you in the least. Intakes do nothing on these cars but they sound FANTASTIC. I know mine is hurting me but I love the sound. I had the K&N previously and it sounds incredible so don't worry about that as a sign they abused the car at all.

The only bolt-ons we can really do are intake, exhaust, and headers. And all (even all at once) are just fine since the ECU adapts.

FWIW I paid $37k for an 08 SFP with around the same mileage about 1 1/2 years ago. It had lots of paint chips up front but having the dealer uninstall the mods on my trade-in for free made me net a good chunk. And I bought a 3rd party warranty for about $2k so I was about $41k with taxes out the door. Mine had a clean title though.

When I was looking...there weren't too many ISF's on the market. They're still rare since so few are selling so a dealer sticking to a price is not unrealistic.
Old 07-15-13, 07:40 PM
CUTigers
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ISF001
This is a $48k buy in Philly. Given the accident, I think the price is quite fair--a great buy--if it was properly repaired. Have an independent Lexus dealership give it a glance for a small cost if you are serious.
$48k? good gosh thats pricey. I got my 08 with 4,000 miles on it this year and it was 5,000+ cheaper. The 11s with mileage on them were going for 48-50. I would travel to buy one if they are that expensive there lol
Old 07-16-13, 04:39 AM
whattheF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by scamsel

hey whatthe, i have the guys email for that F (if you wanted), its on consignment at that dealer (still, i believe). owner told me he'd do 36, assuming he still owns it he might go lower now, but i thinks not much

the accident was the driver side passenger door replaced, painted, and quarter panel repainted. fyi
Thanks but didn't seem like they'll go much lower. Due to the accident and how much I dislike buying a car that has been repainted, my offer would be quite lower.
Old 07-16-13, 05:08 AM
whattheF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by anxiouz
Don't let the intake sway you in the least. Intakes do nothing on these cars but they sound FANTASTIC. I know mine is hurting me but I love the sound. I had the K&N previously and it sounds incredible so don't worry about that as a sign they abused the car at all.

The only bolt-ons we can really do are intake, exhaust, and headers. And all (even all at once) are just fine since the ECU adapts.

FWIW I paid $37k for an 08 SFP with around the same mileage about 1 1/2 years ago. It had lots of paint chips up front but having the dealer uninstall the mods on my trade-in for free made me net a good chunk. And I bought a 3rd party warranty for about $2k so I was about $41k with taxes out the door. Mine had a clean title though.

When I was looking...there weren't too many ISF's on the market. They're still rare since so few are selling so a dealer sticking to a price is not unrealistic.
Understood. It's just that there is a known heatsoak issue with the kn intake. I rather buy stock and modify to my liking.

Yeah, there aren't too many in the market locally. Searching for the right one to buy is difficult at the moment, I really want to wait and not make an impulse buy.
Old 07-16-13, 01:37 PM
fyeah
Driver School Candidate

Not sure if you posted a budget here or not (didn't find one) but there is an 08 at a dealership in my area with less than 20k miles. It's USB. I'm sure they would come down some on the price as well.

http://www.autosourcedallas.net/web/...Texas/7999400/
Old 07-16-13, 04:43 PM
whattheF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by fyeah
Not sure if you posted a budget here or not (didn't find one) but there is an 08 at a dealership in my area with less than 20k miles. It's USB. I'm sure they would come down some on the price as well.

http://www.autosourcedallas.net/web/...Texas/7999400/
Thanks, but way out of my budget. I'm shopping in the $33k-37k range.
Old 07-17-13, 08:13 AM
Looxs
Driver School Candidate

You can just buy mine! Haha

Quick Reply: What would you pay - this ISF?