2008-2013 ISF are 0-60 times getting slower - Page 3 - Club Lexus Forums

Log In 

2008-2013 ISF are 0-60 times getting slower

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-05-14, 02:47 PM   #31
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion
 
MRxSLAYx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Aventura, Florida
Posts: 2,148
Default

Both my Fs have been pretty much the same speed. The main difference is the way you have to launch the car.
MRxSLAYx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-14, 05:23 PM   #32
chrisp1
Lead Lap
 
chrisp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: RI
Posts: 582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx View Post
Both my Fs have been pretty much the same speed. The main difference is the way you have to launch the car.
could you elaborate?
chrisp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-14, 06:57 PM   #33
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion
 
MRxSLAYx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Aventura, Florida
Posts: 2,148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisp1 View Post
could you elaborate?
Sure. So the ultimate goal while racing is to put the most power down to the ground for as long as you can.

The reason that people believe that the E-Diff ISFs are faster is that they get out of 1st gear quicker due to the fact that they have less traction. The E-Diff ISFs tend to spin just enough to get out of 1st gear really quickly, thus utilizing more power for a longer period of time.

Though my 2012 car has "too" much traction between 2k-4k rpm, it can handle more load from a stand still. Knowing this, I combat the 2k-4k bog by taking the pre-load to the max.

If you look at most of the high hp cars, non of them dead hook. Dead hooking would most likely pull the car back out of the power band. Instead, they spin just enough to keep the motor happy while propelling the car forward. This video has a good example.

MRxSLAYx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-14, 08:16 PM   #34
chrisp1
Lead Lap
 
chrisp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: RI
Posts: 582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx View Post
Sure. So the ultimate goal while racing is to put the most power down to the ground for as long as you can.

The reason that people believe that the E-Diff ISFs are faster is that they get out of 1st gear quicker due to the fact that they have less traction. The E-Diff ISFs tend to spin just enough to get out of 1st gear really quickly, thus utilizing more power for a longer period of time.

Though my 2012 car has "too" much traction between 2k-4k rpm, it can handle more load from a stand still. Knowing this, I combat the 2k-4k bog by taking the pre-load to the max.

If you look at most of the high hp cars, non of them dead hook. Dead hooking would most likely pull the car back out of the power band. Instead, they spin just enough to keep the motor happy while propelling the car forward. This video has a good example.

http://youtu.be/nSsbZWCic4A
so your using using both feet and revving to roughly what rpm? I tried this method and it seemed to hurt my 60' but i may not have gone high enough in the rpm range
chrisp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-14, 09:16 PM   #35
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion
 
MRxSLAYx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Aventura, Florida
Posts: 2,148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisp1 View Post
so your using using both feet and revving to roughly what rpm? I tried this method and it seemed to hurt my 60' but i may not have gone high enough in the rpm range
Yup, using both feet and bring the rpm up, but I try to modulate smoothly so that I launch as soon as I reach my desired rpm. I dont remember the rpm off hand, but ill launch the car tomorrow and let you know.
MRxSLAYx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-14, 03:34 AM   #36
WillRockwe
Pole Position
 
WillRockwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 367
Default

Couldn't help but remember this video, caused by using both feet in a launch.
WillRockwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-14, 04:01 PM   #37
ISF001
Lexus Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 2,061
Default

ISF001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-14, 04:22 PM   #38
ISF001
Lexus Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 2,061
Default

Here is the ISF versus the new C7--a real world example of how the ISF can easily hold its own against US muscle.

ISF001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-14, 11:41 PM   #39
BluISF
Rookie
 
BluISF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 89
Default

^^Sweet clips of the F doing her thang! She Nasty
BluISF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-14, 12:56 AM   #40
zazzn
Lead Lap
 
zazzn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SF, CA/Canada
Posts: 640
Default

what the hell was in the F that made it trap 121!
zazzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-14, 02:04 AM   #41
jat0223
Lead Lap
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zazzn View Post
what the hell was in the F that made it trap 121!
Headers, exhaust, drag radials and knowing when to shift.
jat0223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-14, 05:43 AM   #42
caymandive
11 Second Club
iTrader: (1)
 
caymandive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: N.Va
Posts: 3,918
Default

HAHA that's my F running against the C7. Those runs sure caused a lot in internet chatter. The F can certainly hold it's own even with an E-Diff! I'm pretty happy with the car as it's never let me down be it on the drag strip or the HPDE track sessions.

Here is the in car footage.


Last edited by caymandive; 02-08-14 at 05:52 AM.
caymandive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-14, 06:56 AM   #43
scamsel
Lead Lap
 
scamsel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: atl
Posts: 550
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by caymandive View Post
HAHA that's my F running against the C7. Those runs sure caused a lot in internet chatter. The F can certainly hold it's own even with an E-Diff! I'm pretty happy with the car as it's never let me down be it on the drag strip or the HPDE track sessions.
caymanydive hittin consistent sub 12's like its NBD!!!.......very nice

Last edited by scamsel; 02-08-14 at 07:02 AM.
scamsel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-14, 06:59 AM   #44
chrisp1
Lead Lap
 
chrisp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: RI
Posts: 582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zazzn View Post
what the hell was in the F that made it trap 121!
Good Density Altitude helps....and the car is a beast
chrisp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-14, 10:21 PM   #45
BluISF
Rookie
 
BluISF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by caymandive View Post
HAHA that's my F running against the C7. Those runs sure caused a lot in internet chatter. The F can certainly hold it's own even with an E-Diff! I'm pretty happy with the car as it's never let me down be it on the drag strip or the HPDE track sessions.

Here is the in car footage.

http://youtu.be/QihpokqnmBU
Very cool. Nice job. What do you run with street tires. 12.2/12.3?
BluISF is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2013 GS350 vs ISF and IS350 : an alternative perspective natnut GS - 4th Gen (2013-present) 41 05-16-16 03:36 AM
LS 400 0 - 60 & 1/4 miles times Lavrishevo LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) 12 11-01-15 05:26 PM
true or not? poster123 IS F (2008-2014) 6 03-22-13 05:40 PM
0-60 and 1/4 mile times with AC VTLexus IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) 15 04-15-08 07:34 PM
0-60 and 1/4 mile jman-is350 GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) 12 10-19-06 10:31 AM


Tags
060, 14, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013, 60, difference, isf, lap, lexus, mile, slow, time, tuned

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:49 PM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved