IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Law Enforcement & your ISF

Old 07-09-13, 02:08 PM
kdm
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Law Enforcement & your ISF

9:15pm.

I was driving around town with my F on the left lane of a two-lane road.

Speed limit: 50mph
Speedometer: ~40mph.

There were about seven cars in front of me (the car in front was going slowly). Before I tried to merge onto the right lane, two cop cars zip by. The first cop car continues going but the one behind it suddenly slows down and cruises next to me + near my right tail light for a good 10 seconds (probably checking for license plate? I just have the dealership name plate since I haven't gotten my license plates)

Then, he pulls away.

"What was that?" I thought. "Was he keeping an eye on me?" I murmured to myself.

My friend, who was sitting on the passenger seat, told me the cop looked at him before he took off.

What do you all think? Do you think the cop was keeping an eye on me because of the type of car I was driving? Keep in mind I was going well under the speed limit.

Have any of you experienced a similar case like this one?
Old 07-09-13, 02:09 PM
CUTigers
Lead Lap

State patrol did that to me and then pulled me over for window tint haha

He was most likely just looking to see if you had a current still valid new car temp plate.
Old 07-09-13, 02:18 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This happens all the time to everyone. I don't think you're that special.
Old 07-09-13, 02:58 PM
bradhop15
Driver

I'd say either the dealer plate still on the car got his attention, or he might know what an ISF is. If you were passing a cool car you liked would you slow down and look at it? Maybe he was a car guy. He could have stopped you if there was an issue. The no plates is a perfect reason.
Old 07-09-13, 03:14 PM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL you are paranoid cops always check out cars for issues or possible citations you didnt get pulled over so dont sweat it
Old 07-09-13, 03:15 PM
lilcop17
Driver

Plate or the car, when I see a lambo I get up n stare at it
Old 07-09-13, 04:09 PM
GriMan
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CUTigers
State patrol did that to me and then pulled me over for window tint haha

He was most likely just looking to see if you had a current still valid new car temp plate.
Same thing happen to me. I had to take out my font window tint which i was bum out about. He spend more time asking about my F than giving me my fix it ticket. Lol. Anyways, the cop was prolly looking for something to pull you over.
Old 07-09-13, 08:42 PM
kdm
Pole Position

Well yeah I know it happens all the time. It's just the first time it explicitly happened to me and it was rather intriguing haha. Also, since driving an F, I'm more self-conscious about my speed. Since it's a faster and sportier car, I'm sure cops are more observant about it. Oh well, some paranoia on my part definitely played a big factor...
Old 07-09-13, 10:10 PM
stick
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bradhop15
I'd say either the dealer plate still on the car got his attention, or he might know what an ISF is. If you were passing a cool car you liked would you slow down and look at it? Maybe he was a car guy. He could have stopped you if there was an issue. The no plates is a perfect reason.

^^^This....... I know because I'm in law enforcement...... and I'm into cars........ and maybe your dealer plate would have gotten my attention too...... or he was just checking out your car.
Old 07-09-13, 10:20 PM
allst4risf
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

most cops are car guys he probably checking ur ride out.
Old 07-10-13, 01:00 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by bradhop15
Speaking like a true CHP
Old 07-10-13, 01:02 AM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

got pulled over in my is-f because of the temp tag
Old 07-10-13, 05:57 AM
MDISF
Driver School Candidate

LOL this happens all the time. Perhaps your car fit the description of a suspect car. Dispatchers can be very generic with suspect descriptions sometimes.

Funny story: I remember I had a birthday party at a local bar. As soon as my party arrived in the lobby this 6'7" heavy set black dude with a red hat walks out without paying his tab. The bar tender came out running after him but he fled. The bar tender then called the cops and gave a really great description of the suspect including facial features, race, shoe brand, shirt type, hat etc.. I specifically remember the bar tender saying that the suspect had on a bright red Red Sox baseball hat. Next thing you know the cops show up and try to arrest my buddy! He is physically fit Latino, about 5'8" and was wearing a red Santa-clause hat!

Point of sharing my misadventure: cops sometimes get vague descriptions from dispatchers. Perhaps someone said "suspect is driving an f-sport"
Old 07-10-13, 11:35 AM
daedalus
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know about you guys but the ISF is a total sleeper. Nobody (except car people) give the car a second glance here. Everyone thinks it's an IS250 with wheels. The cops don't give me a second look and i'm not running a front plate on it.

Pop in the yellow 911 turbo though and I get pulled over for no front plate every other week. Cops don't profile... yea right.
Old 07-10-13, 11:44 AM
CCLSVTF
Driver

Originally Posted by ISFpat
This happens all the time to everyone. I don't think you're that special.
+1....... What he said.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Law Enforcement & your ISF