IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

My custom exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-13, 05:34 PM
kbtoiz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My custom exhaust

Hi guys! I just wanna share some pics of a custom exhaust that I got installed on my car last Tuesday. I decided to get a exhaust built and went looking for prices. I found a muffler shop in the area, called Supreme Muffler Shop.(Shot out to them excellent service). They quoted me for a fair price and decided to do it.

It was decided to cut after the secondary cats, install the Magnaflow X-pipe and to Magnaflow mufflers with no resonators. It took them a couple of hours to do everything. They convinced me to paint the pipe black and give it a stealth look.

When it was done this is how I really felt The car sounds amazing!! I'm very happy with it!!

I don't have a video right now, but when I get it I'll upload

Oh, I still got the big *** resonator and mufflers. I wanna sell them so shoot me a PM and make me a reasonable offer.

Alright, thanks for viewing! Share your thoughts
Attached Thumbnails My custom exhaust-rsz_20130702_170205.jpg   My custom exhaust-rsz_20130702_170025.jpg  
Old 07-08-13, 07:28 PM
scamsel
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

hmmm, sound clip or it didn't happen.
Old 07-08-13, 07:57 PM
Frank1298
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ready to hear.
Old 07-08-13, 08:01 PM
kbtoiz
Pole Position

LOL I have a crappy one. The guy when he took the car down, he rev a lil bit even though I told him to floor it down! But if you guiys got instagram look for supreme muffler. They uploaded a small clip there.
Old 07-09-13, 08:17 AM
scamsel
Advanced

Originally Posted by kbtoiz
LOL I have a crappy one. The guy when he took the car down, he rev a lil bit even though I told him to floor it down! But if you guiys got instagram look for supreme muffler. They uploaded a small clip there.
hmm, why not just film it on phone, post to youtube for all to enjoy!
Old 07-09-13, 09:40 AM
Vervish
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

Any power bump - what does the butt dyno say?

In for sound clips..
Old 07-09-13, 01:23 PM
kbtoiz
Pole Position

Alright guys! Here are the vids!!!!!!
One was after the install, the other vid I just went to the park and record it.

I thought that they were pretty bad cuz I record them from my cell, and the sound was crappy on my cellphone. But after I uploaded it sounds great!!!

Enjoy!!!!

Old 07-09-13, 01:29 PM
kbtoiz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Vervish
Any power bump - what does the butt dyno say?

In for sound clips..
The butt dyno feelt the difference. I just went with 285 tires on the back, and I could not get the traction light to come on very often when I hit the gas. But after the install, very easy you can see the traction kick in. You can really feel the difference.
Old 07-09-13, 02:15 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

That sounds fantastic man. Seriously, it may be the best sounding exhaust at idle and rev that I've heard yet for this car. It isn't raspy at all and doesn't sound obnoxiously loud either. It adds to the deep, beefy sound of the V8 perfectly. Post a sound clip from inside the cabin so we can hear what it sounds like with the windows up. Does it drone?

Given the fact that you've retained the cats, it probably didn't add a whole lot of power, but it definitely gets an A+ on the sound.
Old 07-09-13, 02:47 PM
Vervish
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

Sounds awesome - congrats!
Old 07-09-13, 03:02 PM
jdm_altzza
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Very Nice, I also have a full custom Magna flow exhaust set up on my F.However my tips are also costumed just like the Greddy Exhaust.
Old 07-09-13, 04:17 PM
scamsel
Advanced

wow man, that sounds fantastic! and thanks for taking the time to post the vids.

the first vid such a tease though, baaaaaarely revving it, ha
Old 07-09-13, 04:39 PM
spddemon
Pole Position

👍 this set up sounds really good! When you get chance take a video from a dig and a drive by.
Old 07-09-13, 08:20 PM
kbtoiz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by vbb
That sounds fantastic man. Seriously, it may be the best sounding exhaust at idle and rev that I've heard yet for this car. It isn't raspy at all and doesn't sound obnoxiously loud either. It adds to the deep, beefy sound of the V8 perfectly. Post a sound clip from inside the cabin so we can hear what it sounds like with the windows up. Does it drone?

Given the fact that you've retained the cats, it probably didn't add a whole lot of power, but it definitely gets an A+ on the sound.
Thanks vbb. I might didn't get a lot of power, but I feel like it gain some. I told them I wanna get rid of the secondary cats, but they told me about Louisiana is going to be like Cali on emission laws
I will get them replaced with hi-flow cats when the headers comes in the future.

Drone... Well I really don't know what you guys call drone. I had an automatic 1988 Supra and that MF was loud, made me hate it cuz it was sooo loud inside that cabin. So comparing to that, not even close!!! The sound get a little deep when is on manual on 8th gear and floor it down from 1600k to 1800k, only on that range it get lil loud, after that, you feel close to the stock exhaust again. The wife didn't even noticed this weekend when we drove to Austin TX. Not once complained. She approved it

Originally Posted by Vervish
Sounds awesome - congrats!
Thanks men!

Originally Posted by jdm_altzza
Very Nice, I also have a full custom Magna flow exhaust set up on my F.However my tips are also costumed just like the Greddy Exhaust.

I was thinking about going with the tips also but the mufflers available at the shop were one outlet and I didnt wanted to wait .

Originally Posted by scamsel
wow man, that sounds fantastic! and thanks for taking the time to post the vids.

the first vid such a tease though, baaaaaarely revving it, ha
LOL Thanks men! A big tease it was! I was making him signal to floor it down. I couldn't believe he missed that chance

Originally Posted by spddemon
👍 this set up sounds really good! When you get chance take a video from a dig and a drive by.
I will take it. Will try on my days off. Thanks!