IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

low tire pressure

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-13, 10:44 AM
farpetrad
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default low tire pressure

So I get in my car to goto lunch and I notice my tire pressure light is on. I get out and. Heck all four and cant press in on any so not sure to tell which is low other than a pressure gauge which I left at home or goto the dealer. I didnt see any nails or anything to indicate a leak, can I just add air to see which tire or do I neex to go get nitrogen and pay to have it looked at? What a way to ruin a day. Since my wheels have almost 14k miles (origional factory set) should I just consider new tires? If so what should I get and sizes as I dont trust patches if it is a leak, im on factory '12 wheels.
Old 06-26-13, 11:08 AM
farpetrad
Pole Position

Borrowed a gauge from a coworker he saw a bolt in my back left tire. So guess im buying new tires.
Old 06-26-13, 11:47 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by farpetrad
Borrowed a gauge from a coworker he saw a bolt in my back left tire. So guess im buying new tires.
Guess it all depends "how worn" the rest of your tires are....

~ Joe Z
Old 06-26-13, 12:48 PM
farpetrad
Pole Position

The rears are pretty worn front have decent tread so will just buy rears waiting on them to get them from their warehouse. Went with pilot suler sport 255/35r19
Old 06-26-13, 03:35 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

i hate how the isf does't show individual tire pressure pressures. thats one thing i miss from my old 350z
Old 06-26-13, 03:52 PM
farpetrad
Pole Position

Yeah it is very anoying luckily after coming back from lunch we saw the bolt in the tire. Now how do I tell if they put the wheels back on the right side of the car? Will post a pic when I get home in a few mins.

[Edit]
Was in such a rush to get out that I forgot to check while I was there. Told me the tires would be there at 4 they didnt get there till 6 so had quite a wait and was taking care of work

Also didn't notice till I took the pics that they scratched the hell out of both wheels around the lug nuts and on one wheels center cap. Was nice the guy knew all about the F but now that I'm home and looking at it can't help but be pissed they weren't careful.

Last edited by farpetrad; 06-26-13 at 04:17 PM.
Old 06-26-13, 06:36 PM
DansonISF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by farpetrad
So I get in my car to goto lunch and I notice my tire pressure light is on. I get out and. Heck all four and cant press in on any so not sure to tell which is low other than a pressure gauge which I left at home or goto the dealer. I didnt see any nails or anything to indicate a leak, can I just add air to see which tire or do I neex to go get nitrogen and pay to have it looked at? What a way to ruin a day. Since my wheels have almost 14k miles (origional factory set) should I just consider new tires? If so what should I get and sizes as I dont trust patches if it is a leak, im on factory '12 wheels.
Dude your low pressure tire is came from the spare tire locate back behind the trunk it has a sensor normally when that tire is go low its also pop up signal too check it before take to dealer gluck
Old 06-26-13, 07:15 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

No, the spare does not have a sensor in it. None of the 2IS have a sensor in the spare.
Old 06-26-13, 08:09 PM
CUTigers
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
No, the spare does not have a sensor in it. None of the 2IS have a sensor in the spare.
lol and he said he found a screw... Im going to say the screw in the tire was the cause
Old 06-27-13, 04:54 PM
farpetrad
Pole Position

Yeah it was a pretty big bolt surprised I didn't feel hitting it, in the good news loving the new tires much better than the tires that came on it.
Old 06-27-13, 11:21 PM
allst4risf
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

just in case some one doesnt have a nail or screw. my tires last week had low tire lights on and it was because the tpms was leaking. just needed a new bushing.
Old 07-12-13, 07:08 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

For sure my only complain (that I can remember) about the ISF is not displaying the pressure in each tire. Very basic cars do, why Lexus didn't enable this feature on the dashboard or on the multi function screen? I know that the ISF is capable of reading all sensor information per corner, at the dealer I saw a SA connecting a laptop to my ISF's ODBII and getting TPMS ID, Psi, and temperature per tire; it should be simple to port this information to the screen for driver's convenience.
Old 07-12-13, 07:11 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

^^^ BTW, now I have this so I don't care anymore:

http://www.autel.us/Products/ts401.htm
Old 07-12-13, 08:54 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,831 Likes on 1,293 Posts

^^^^

Juan

Looks like a nice tool, but it's $190.00 @ Amazon

Lou
Old 07-12-13, 09:10 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Hey Lou, it is a GREAT TOOL! It'll activate and scan any TPMS on the market, even those that require a magnet (included). It comes with a hard case that has room for my TPMS writer as well. The tool allows you to read ID, pressure, and temperature in less than a second. It also tests key fobs for battery strength and frequency. I got it here for much cheaper than Amazon:

http://www.mechanicstoolsupply.com/A...l_p_24727.html

Quick Reply: low tire pressure