IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

excitement to have 3rd gen F-sports eat dust!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-13, 11:10 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I saw drivers behind me in slow traffic taking pictures of the rear of the F twice during the past week. Some know the car.
Old 06-26-13, 12:17 PM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
I don't think this has happened to me. When they see the exhaust tips/ hear my V8 scream, they know it's not a regular IS.
That's the thing, they know it's not a regular IS, so they think it's the F-Sport version.

I've had people ask if mine was an "IS F-Sport", mainly because Lexus seems to advertise F-Sport more than the actual F car(s), plus they have similar badge placement. With so many F-Sport cars available, the IS F slips into obscurity, along with the much further out, LFA.
Old 06-26-13, 04:00 PM
kdm
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF001
I saw drivers behind me in slow traffic taking pictures of the rear of the F twice during the past week. Some know the car.
Haha nice... I was driving on the freeway the other day and this family inside a van all turned to stare at my car. It was a litrle creepy but fun to watch too.
Old 06-26-13, 05:10 PM
jleonard71
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by obby
i always get "is that a real ISF" ..
^^This. I once had a buddy ask me if it's a real ISF even AFTER he had ridden in it! He was like "Come on, you can tell me. Did you just take an IS250 and slap ISF badges on it and put on a loud exhaust?" Yeah, and I dropped in a V8 while I was at it.
Old 06-26-13, 07:20 PM
Kingkrs
Pole Position

I have gotten similar results on the road. The people who know what kind of car I am driving will break their necks to look at the car or smile and give me thumbs up Others just dismiss it as another IS which is fine.

I have had some younger kids driving Evo's and STI's freak out when they see the car on the road, taking pictures and trying to get me to race.

But the best is when you see the highly modded IS 250 or 350 really stare at the IS F and they know what it is

I look at it like this; if the general populous thinks this is a regular IS, then most cops will too!
Old 06-26-13, 07:34 PM
Super6
Driver

I was on a sales call at one of the mega churches here in town. On the way out I'm walking to my car and this hot Milf pulls up to me in her F sport and says you are the only other person I've seen with a F. I was so disgusted by her statement that she was no longer Milf worthy...
Old 06-26-13, 08:13 PM
CUTigers
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Super6
I was on a sales call at one of the mega churches here in town. On the way out I'm walking to my car and this hot Milf pulls up to me in her F sport and says you are the only other person I've seen with a F. I was so disgusted by her statement that she was no longer Milf worthy...
hahaha wow, thats awesome
Old 06-26-13, 09:13 PM
GriMan
Pole Position

Yeah... Its irritating when someone comes and says its a nice ISx50 F sport. This dude came up to me asking what package i got for my F. i told him it was not a package. i started to laugh and shook my head. He then showed me his is250 f sport and he couldnt figure out what i got. i left him wondering. Hahahaha
Old 06-27-13, 05:55 AM
Frank1298
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all this is 1 of the reasons why I got the F over other cars. Most people don't know what it is, and its not like you see them all day like my old G35. My sister txt me the day after I let her take my car out for a test drive. she was telling 1 of her coworkers about and and was like what model car did I have. I told her its very simple its not an IS250 or an IS350 its more like an IS on Crack. she was oh yea will explain it ... ha ha
Old 06-27-13, 10:36 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

i never knew the F got so confused. If I ever get one, I'm debadging it
Old 06-27-13, 10:42 AM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

it gets really old when frs/brzs are constanly reving on me.. im not an fsport.lol but still even 5 years since the F came out, theres still soo many people who dont know the difference. i wonder if the c63 guys go through the same with debaged c300s...
Old 06-27-13, 11:12 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

C63's look so much like C300's, so I don't feel bad for them. I was approaching a stop light the other day and said "oh it's a C300".....until I came closer behind him and noticed it was a C63. Same goes for M3's. You can't tell it's an M until you get real close and notice the hood vents (even some 335 owners do that), M3 fenders and quad exhaust. The ISF is far more distinguishable than the C's and M's. Let's not even talk about Audi's S-line...
Old 06-27-13, 12:08 PM
CUTigers
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
C63's look so much like C300's, so I don't feel bad for them. I was approaching a stop light the other day and said "oh it's a C300".....until I came closer behind him and noticed it was a C63. Same goes for M3's. You can't tell it's an M until you get real close and notice the hood vents (even some 335 owners do that), M3 fenders and quad exhaust. The ISF is far more distinguishable than the C's and M's. Let's not even talk about Audi's S-line...
I think the M3 stands out the most... It has a hood bump, hood vents, fender vents/badge, quad exhaust. Mainly because the M has front quarter badges/vent and the regular 3 series doesnt, even if M sport. On ours, the F sport and F have identical placement.

and Audi, you are correct. I do not know enough about them to tell the subtle differences. Im like is that a RS or a S lol.
Old 06-27-13, 12:39 PM
DS2k
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yup... Audi takes the cake on this one... I find it near impossible to tell an A5 from an S5 without looking at the badge.

That said, I still have to explain to people what and IS-F is... the conversation usually goes like this:

Them: what do you drive?
Me: a Lexus IS-F
them: ohh...
Me: it's a 5 Liter V8
them: oh, ok
Me: It's basically par with an M3
Them: oh, WOW!!

but then they'll hear it start up and suddenly it all becomes crystal clear
Old 06-27-13, 02:38 PM
Meanstreak
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's a perfect example...

This guy (driving a Mini S) must have thought I was an Fsport or X50. Sliced and diced through traffic to give me the turbo BOV fly by. Once we hit the on ramp... it was obvious I wasn't.

He was a cool kid and asked if he could get video clip. I found this on YouTube last night.

Quick Reply: excitement to have 3rd gen F-sports eat dust!